IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

THIS is NOT ACCEPTABLE! It is SPAM with the lightest definition. Agreed

Scannan

I do not know why Enoskype locked his thread regarding this issue. I would imagine many users would agree with his sentiments and would like to add their voice. I assume Enoskype had his own reason and therefore I will comment in a seperate thread.

I do however wholeheartedly agree with his comment. I have great fear that Iobit are losing their original strategy....which was to provide a great product at reasonable cost....and not get sucked into the MS philosophy of milking the customer for every cent, regardless of whether it is to the users benefit or not.

The sad part, is that Iobit products are of such quality that they can be profitable without third party inclusion. If Iobit thinks it needs third party support in order to be profitable, then they need to look at their management.

I have said this many times, as has Enoskype.... Iobit....Please do not go down the road of treating your users unfairly.... you have a loyal and committed user base, so continue to market your own products only within your programs, and resist the impulse to grab the extra buck, by using the users loyalty and sneaking in third party products. It is in my opinion a very grave mistake, and the Iobit loyal users will see it for what it is and will move to other programs.

Hi Scannan,

Thank you for your support!

The reason for closing my own thread was to wait the response from IObit to see the picture clearer before Forum Users can add their voice.

I have added another post today to make it more clear after a bit of investigation.

You can move your thread post to that thread if you wish or leave it as it is for the others to reply here.

I will open the other thread after IObit responds.

Forum Leaders can reply to a closed thread anyway.

Cheers.

Okay here is my two cents on this.

I could care less what is in the Action Center. I never click on it and when it pops up without my clicking on it which it does occassionally I ignore it and close it.

However, what still bothers me is having to use a an installer file to make even the most minimual updatse to all IObit programs. This bothers me for two reasons.

1. It wastes time as opposed to being able to update from the GUI hopefully automatically if desired. The only time a user should have to do anything with regard to a program update is when a reboot is required to finish the installation, period. This is how the AV suite I use works. No muss nothing except an occassional reboot which is no big deal since it is a good idea to reboot your computer regularly anyway if you never shut it down.

2. The spam apps in the installation files which make the need to have to use an installation file to apply prorgram updaes even more obnoxious.

Those two things bother me. The Action Center spam I could care less about. Just my two cents:smile:

Hi enoskype, Scannan and Buddahfan,

@ enoskype and Scannan, sincerely sorry for my late reply,. Becuse I did not see your post timely. Please forgive me. :oops:

For the "AirCover Security" in Action Center in IObit Malware, I will report your concerns to out product team immediately. And I will get to back to you in 24 hours. I know your concerns. Both of you just worry that IObit may lose our loyal users in this way. Please trust IObit, for we always make process with all of your support. I will get back to you asap. ;-)

Dear Scannan and enoskype,

After escalating your concerns to the product manager, we decide to remove AirCover Security from Action Center of IMF and it will be removed soon.

Sorry for hurting your feelings by this ignorant approach. :oops:

We are open for any opinions from you guys and we are so lucky to have you all on board!

Cicely & Enoskype

A big thank you to Cicely for her great efforts on behalf of Iobit users and Iobit products. It is refreshing to see that Iobit will listen to users and will act in the best interest of all.

A big thank you to Enoskype, for highlighting the issue on behalf of Iobit users. It shows once again what a great Forum this is, and I believe that users of Iobit products will take heart to see that the excellent relationship between the forum and Iobit produces the best result for all, and that Iobit, unlike most software providers, actually listen to users of it's products and act sensibly on important issues.

Cicely & Enoskype

A big thank you to Cicely for her great efforts on behalf of Iobit users and Iobit products. It is refreshing to see that Iobit will listen to users and will act in the best interest of all.

A big thank you to Enoskype, for highlighting the issue on behalf of Iobit users. It shows once again what a great Forum this is, and I believe that users of Iobit products will take heart to see that the excellent relationship between the forum and Iobit produces the best result for all, and that Iobit, unlike most software providers, actually listen to users of it's products and act sensibly on important issues.

Well said and I agree completely :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you for your support guys.

I have thanked Cicely and IObit in my other thread .

IObit has already taken out the concerned program from Action Center as of now.

Also I have added [sOLVED via auto update by IObit] to the title and opened the thread.

If anybody with an ofline PC would like to follow the same route, can delete the name header and all the strings under

[Air Cover Security]

in

Freeware.ini file

@ C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\Update folder

and change

IsShow=0

to

IsShow=1

under

[Advanced Mobile Care]

For me this case is closed amicably. :-D

All the best and cheers.