IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

imfpatch.exe...AGAIN!

maxx1968

Hello,

Once again I find that I'm having a problem with the following issuse...a pop-up screen appears while windows is loading that states:

Windows can't open this file:

File: imfpatch.exe

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program to you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

What do you want to do?

1. Use the Web service to find the correct program

2. Select a program from a list of installed programs

I'm assuming this happens when IMF tries to update.

I have had a Pro version of IMF and ASC for several years and this happens at least twice a year to IMF.

I have search the web for an answer and also this forum. I downloaded imf-offline-db-db1292, exited IMF, opened the db file replace the two db files in the download and restarted IMF.

Guess what? The same message (as stated above) pops up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Jay

Hello,

Once again I find that I'm having a problem with the following issuse...a pop-up screen appears while windows is loading that states:

I'm assuming this happens when IMF tries to update.

I have had a Pro version of IMF and ASC for several years and this happens at least twice a year to IMF.

I have search the web for an answer and also this forum. I downloaded imf-offline-db-db1292, exited IMF, opened the db file replace the two db files in the download and restarted IMF.

Guess what? The same message (as stated above) pops up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Jay

I can not locate such a file on my computer using IMF Pro 2.2. It could be malware.

Hi Buddahfan

By me the file is located in : C:\Programs\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\update. imfpatch.exe

It was created 19.of June 2013.

Does not cause me trouble though.

Cheers

solbjerg

I can not locate such a file on my computer using IMF Pro 2.2. It could be malware.

Spoke Too Soon

Well Guys...

Once agin I having the above mentioned proplem. I searched c: programs/iobit/iobit malware fighter/ypdate and there was no imfpatch.exe file present.

Do you think this could be the reason I keep getting the error message?

Is imfpatch.exe supposed to be there?

I used the downloaded update file from this site, so I would think it would be there.

Thanks for listening - Jay

Hi maxx

may I suggest a clean install of the latest IMF version.

You wrote that you had downloaded and pasted the new database update file.

This is the list of blocked malware - not a new program and it is pasted not installed.

Is your IMF program version earlier than the creation date of imfpatch.exe that I mentioned earlier?

If so I think the newest IMF version should take care of the problem.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

Well Guys...

Once agin I having the above mentioned proplem. I searched c: programs/iobit/iobit malware fighter/ypdate and there was no imfpatch.exe file present.

Do you think this could be the reason I keep getting the error message?

Is imfpatch.exe supposed to be there?

I used the downloaded update file from this site, so I would think it would be there.

Thanks for listening - Jay

Just to add to solbjerg's advice,

Uninstall everything related to IMF (IObit Malware Fighter) from your computer with Poweful uninstall by stand alone IObit Uninstaller 3.

After that, the residues left can be found in the following folders :

- C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

- C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

Delete those IMF related folders too.

You have to have your files/folders unhidden to see some of those folders.

Please install the latest IMF downloadable from the button link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.2 (2.2.0.16) is released! (Updated to 2.2.0.20) thread.

EDIT: New IMF and download link : IObit Malware Fighter 2.2.1 (2.2.1.2) is released!

Cheers.

Just to add to solbjerg's advice,

Uninstall everything related to IMF (IObit Malware Fighter) from your computer with Poweful uninstall by stand alone IObit Uninstaller 3.

After that, the residues left can be found in the following folders :

- C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

- C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

Delete those IMF related folders too.

You have to have your files/folders unhidden to see some of those folders.

Please install the latest IMF downloadable from the button link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.2 (2.2.0.16) is released! (Updated to 2.2.0.20) thread.

Cheers.

1. Run CCleaner after uninstall both "Cleaner" and "Registry"

2. Run ASC Free or Pro "Deep Clean" whichever you have. Make sure to check Registry Fix. Best not to enable "Deep Clean" in Pro in Settings---> Registry Fix.

3. Reboot

4. Reinstall

Update...

solbjerg, enoskype & Buddahfan,

Prior to seeing your current messages, I uninstalled IMF and did a fresh install. This was two days ago and everything seemed fine.

This morning (still before I read your new posts), I fired-up my PC and 5 eroor messages were on my screen - 3 imfpatch.exe messages and 1 ASCInit.exe and 1 ASCUpgrade.exe.

I was like, "What the hell!"

I have never received any error messages from ASC and now two!

I uninstalled both programs and did a fresh install. Then I came here to let you know what was going on.

Keep inmind that I have Windows Firewall shut-off. I only use IOBIT products for security and performance (except Driver Booster - it's does weird things to my nVidia drivers).

Anyway there shouldn't be anything blocking the updates for either of these programs.

I will keep you posted as to what happens over the next few days.

If these warnings pop-up again, I will follow the advice given in the posts above about removal and reinstallation.

Thank you for all of your help and hopefully we will be able to get this fixed.

Thanks again - Jay

Hi maxx

enoskype's advice is pretty clear, but the location of files and folders aren't mentioned. It is located in the control panel.'

Unfortunately my computer OS in in Danish, so I will leave it to someone else to give you a screenshot of where to change the setting to be able to view all files/folders.

Happy hunting! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, enoskype & Buddahfan,

Prior to seeing your current messages, I uninstalled IMF and did a fresh install. This was two days ago and everything seemed fine.

This morning (still before I read your new posts), I fired-up my PC and 5 eroor messages were on my screen - 3 imfpatch.exe messages and 1 ASCInit.exe and 1 ASCUpgrade.exe.

I was like, "What the hell!"

I have never received any error messages from ASC and now two!

I uninstalled both programs and did a fresh install. Then I came here to let you know what was going on.

Keep inmind that I have Windows Firewall shut-off. I only use IOBIT products for security and performance (except Driver Booster - it's does weird things to my nVidia drivers).

Anyway there shouldn't be anything blocking the updates for either of these programs.

I will keep you posted as to what happens over the next few days.

If these warnings pop-up again, I will follow the advice given in the posts above about removal and reinstallation.

Thank you for all of your help and hopefully we will be able to get this fixed.

Thanks again - Jay

Hi maxx1968,

How is everything going? If the you get the popups again, please send us the related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the demo from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

@all, thanks for your timely reply. :-D

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived