IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is it safe?

alma27

Hi,

I had Iobit Malware Fighter Installed, it worked very nice for a cupple of months. Don't recall the version.

Every time I clicked update it would update immediately.then scan.

Then I got a message today suggesting to upgrade to the newest (free) version , I agreed and upgraded.

Once I opened it I saw it was not updated,and I wanted to update before scanning, but than I had something annoying:there are 3 options how to update but it wouldn't let you chose non, only a message to upgrade to the (paid) pro version is possible. and it says that this one has automatic updates.

So I removed that new versionof Iobit , and wanted to reinstall my good old Iobit malware Fighter. In the site I didn't found V1 (don't recall what I had) so I chose free V2 (hoping it won't be the same one that can't be updated)... But when I chose the link to download setup .exe file, my windows alarms me that the file is suspicius and recommends me not to open.

by the way - when chosing to download Iobit directs me to download.cnet.com, to get the file.

So I never finished reinstallation, because I'm not sure about the link.

Shall I install? is it safe and Win is crazy?

and after I get from you a safe link I need to seehow to overcome the updateproblem....:roll:.

Hi alma27, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Uninstall everything related to IMF (IObit Malware Fighter) from your computer.

The residues left can be found in the following folders :

- C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

- C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

Delete those IMF related folders too.

Please install the latest IMF downloadable from the button link in IObit Malware Fighter 2.2 (2.2.0.16) is released! (Updated to 2.2.0.20) thread.

MajorGeeks IS A SAFE LINK!

Database of IMF is updated twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays.

The latest db as of today is 1294

You can also update the database OFFLINE, by downloading the zip file from the last post of IObit Malware Fighter latest OFFLINE DATABASE thread.

FYI, you can always find the links to the latest setup files of IObit products in NEWS & OFFERS section, just follow the releted emoticons. :idea:

You can see all related emoticons in Multi-language Translations section, in front of the relevant program.

Cheers.

Archived