IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by imfcameraprotect.sys

I have had my system crash twice by the imfcameraprotect.sys file from the IObit Malware Fighter 5.1 Pro install. I have now disabled the Camera Guard. Has there been anyone else that has experienced this crash? What can be done to fix this?

Crash dump analysis from WhoCrashed:

On Thu 6/29/2017 8:06:44 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: imfcameraprotect.sys (IMFCameraProtect+0x1665)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF80ACE620074, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802CC10D9DB)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\imfcameraprotect.sys

product: IObit Malware Fighter

company: IObit.com

description: IMFCameraProtect

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: imfcameraprotect.sys (IMFCameraProtect, IObit.com).

Google query: IObit.com IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Fiordovsi, regardless the problem exists. According to the bug check, it has nothing to do with "other" software. The line "This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem."

Hi Baldain68,

Sorry for my late reply.

To look into the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived