IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter not showing up in Action Center on Windows 8.1

LarryRFL

Hi, this is fairly simple, I hope. On one of my Windows 10 computers, I have Panda AV. When iObit added Bitdefender AV to Malware Fighter PRO I wrote and asked what I should do since I did not want to disable Panda. I was told that it was okay to run both -- that the Malware Fighter AV would not conflict with Panda. So I run both and they have been fine. The same applies to my Windows 7 computer.

The issue lies with Action Center, as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 --

Under Virus Protection:

Malware Fighter 5.2 ON

Panda ON

Under Spyware:

Malware Fighter ON

MS Security Essentials OFF

Panda ON

Defender ON

No problem there.

Windows 10 Pro x64 -

Under Virus Protection:

Malware Fighter 5.1 ON

Panda ON

Defender OFF

Under Spyware:

Malware Fighter ON

Panda ON

Defender OFF

No problem there.

Windows 8.1 x86 -

Under Virus Protection:

Malware Fighter 5.2 ON

Under Spyware:

Not found

As you can see, both Windows 7 and 8 DO show Malware Fighter playing nice with Panda AV under AV, and playing nice with Panda and Defender on 7 and with Panda on 10. BUT on Windows 8, nothing is showing up in Spyware even though Malware Fighter is running while Defender is off. Therefore, although there is no other spyware on Windows 8, Malware Fighter isn't showing up even though it IS on Windows 7 and 10.

This might be okay IF I had Defender running on Windows 8 but it will not allow me to turn it on because it says that I cannot run Defender if I'm running Malware Fighter. What's REALLY odd is that I AM running Defender and Malware Fighter on Windows 7 and they are running fine and both show up in Action Center.

Why is Malware Fighter recognized by Windows 7 and 10 but not 8? And it will not allow me to run Defender (although I don't really need it if I have MF Pro).

I seen an old post regarding about the windows 8 compatibility issues with the Iobit Malware fighter.

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/advanced-systemcare/asc-general-discussions/advanced-systemcare-v6/16160-windows-defender-turned-off-in-win8

As Scannan mentioned" It is because because WD is a combination anti-Malware and Anti-Virus program on W8. Therefore MF switched it of to prevent realtime protection conflict. "

It might answer your question, Kindly regards. vbsmile.png

Hi Firdovsi, much appreciated. I did do a search of the forums earlier and it doesn't really answer my question. I'm not really asking why Windows Defender shuts down in Windows 8. I actually got an alert from WinPatrol as soon as I installed Malware Fighter that Defender was being shut down because, at least on Windows 8 (but not 7 and 10 for some reason) it doesn't want you to run two AV.

My question was really why is Action Center not even recognizing the existence of Malware Fighter as a Spyware program. It DOES show up as AV (which is blocking defender) but it is NOT showing up in Spyware so I am getting warnings that I have no Antispyware installed.

As you can see in the screenshot, Malware Fighter DOES show up under AV but not under Antispyware. My only option is to turn off monitoring..

Archived