IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No activation key sent, confused buyer trying to request a refund

MWab

Hello, I'm relatively new to this forum only after reading someone's horror story of them having to request a refund through the forums due to a lack of response... but my problem is kind of unique as I don't think it's ever been reported before.

After doing a quick look for new virus software as my phone was giving me Window error prompt sounds, yeah I know right - freaky? I suspected someone was trying to hack my phone to invade my privacy someone else expressing the same problem nearby as apparently there's this hacker rudely trying to hack every phone nearby. After hearing this I immediately thought about just using Opera VPN to put a stop to such shenanigans whether or not it worked on the other hand hard to tell. I just woke up the other day to find my phone suddenly acting like it was a windows error reporting machine every time Opera VPN might have changed the IP making me raise an eyebrow. Nothing has been compromised as of yet as I've wiped the phone, cleared the cache and in the middle of changing all my passwords.

Unfortunately to my displeasure when I was in a hurry to get all this done placing my order I found that there was no confirmation email or activation code sent to me after purchase frustrated I went to Paypal put in a request for a refund and heard no response from the seller unless of course the only "response" being to confirm the transaction ID, not helpful.

The name of the seller is asknet AG and I have tried to contact them both through their online form and email and have received no response and Paypal has been the exact same. Frustrated I look on the web to see what customers have done to rectify this lack of communication and came across the IObit forums, having read the horror story of the customer support being rude and installing software when the customer was requesting a refund over the phone I decided that it would be in my own interests to avoid calling in case they tried to do the same with me by offering me some sort of code and forcing me to install the software.

So here's what I have - an Invoice with one transaction and an email message sent out. Since I can't use the form provided on the website due to one of the required fields being an Activation code I've decided to turn my problem over to the IOBit Forums in order to get the problem resolved as soon as possible. I'm at a loss as to how there's a lack of communication and I'm frustrated that I've bought a product thinking it would be sent to me immediately only to find no response, no license key and nobody to turn to with my problem.

So with that all being said I want a refund issued to me, I do not want a code and I do not especially want to call up your support for them to do god knows what to my PC I want only to receive my refund and move on as I've spent enough time going through hoops to find appropriate support and I feel like it would be in your best interests as a company to issue a refund as a gesture of Goodwill to the person who you've not provided service to.

The product I purchased was called IOBit Malware Fighter PRO 5 which I purchased during some sort of Black Friday deal from here: https://www.iobit.com/en/malware-fighter-pro.php for the amount of £19.30 GBP. If anyone can help get this mess sorted out as quickly as possible that would be much appreciated I would give you my Invoice but as we're on the forums how "secure" it would be to provide you with that is sketchy.

Anyway I'll await some sort of response hopefully I have posted this in the right place and I'll receive some confirmation over this problem.

Going to your website and requesting a code doesn't do anything either so I believe I am at a dead end with this until I make contact with something called a "human being".

Thank you for your understanding

Archived