IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is there a way to tell Windows 7 action center that I'm using Malware Fighter?

I turned off Microsoft Security Essentials after I installed Malware Fighter, but Windows Action Center keeps nagging me that I am not protected, and that I should turn Security Essentials back on. I can't find any way to specify that I'm using a different antivirus and that it's enabled. Suggestions?

No, I have the free version - bitdefender engine does not seem to be included

here is a screenshot of the warning in Windows Action Center. On closer inspection, it does appear that Malware Fighter is detected, but it still wants me to turn on Security Essentials.

Hi kyleknapp, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Windows Action Center Warning is correct!

If you are using the Free version of IObit Malware Fighter you should also use an anti-virus program together with it.

You can certainly use Windows Defender, or any other anti-virus software.

My advice to you is; either turn on Windows defender or buy the Pro version of IMF4 with extra Bitdefender engine.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...
I turned off Microsoft Security Essentials after I installed Malware Fighter, but Windows Action Center keeps nagging me that I am not protected, and that I should turn Security Essentials back on. I can't find any way to specify that I'm using a different antivirus and that it's enabled. Suggestions?

Hi kyleknapp! If you get such warnings even after installing another anti-virus software or you just don't want to get this notification,

because you feel defended with Malware Fighter, you can turn off notifications as in this instruction:http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-7/how-to-disable-notifications-from-the-windows-7-action-center/

Cheers! vbsmile.png

• 2 years later...