IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

To all Administrators

solbjerg

Make a "Bi-Weekly Submitions" Section or something and put all the "old" threads in that forum.

In that forum, order it by dates! (Not latest reply). And make sure the Admins edit the Title of the winner's post to something that shows the thread is the winner + the date it won.

Every 2 weeks, the "Test & Vote" section should be empty because all the threads are in the "Bi-Weekly Submitions" forum.

This way, you don't need to make TONS of forums each week, for six month. =)

Just a suggestion...

Hi Magic Hunter

Thank you for responding.

It is one of the methods being considered

1. Bi-Weekly

2. Bi-Weekly

- and so on

Another method is to lock the threads that pertain to previous bi-weekly competitions - but this will block users from commenting on them and this will probably be seen by users as a bit irritating?

A method to flag them in some way would be good I think, can you think of a way?

Cheers

solbjerg

;25577']Make a "Bi-Weekly Submitions" Section or something and put all the "old" threads in that forum.

In that forum, order it by dates! (Not latest reply). And make sure the Admins edit the Title of the winner's post to something that shows the thread is the winner + the date it won.

Every 2 weeks, the "Test & Vote" section should be empty because all the threads are in the "Bi-Weekly Submitions" forum.

This way, you don't need to make TONS of forums each week, for six month. =)

Just a suggestion...

Hi Magic Hunter

Thank you for responding.

It is one of the methods being considered

1. Bi-Weekly

2. Bi-Weekly

- and so on

Another method is to lock the threads that pertain to previous bi-weekly competitions - but this will block users from commenting on them and this will probably be seen by users as a bit irritating?

A method to flag them in some way would be good I think, can you think of a way?

Cheers

solbjerg

hello everyone,

en, maybe there is no need a big operation. :?:

only notify a rule that test report titles have to be written as a fixed format: '[1. Bi-Weekly]-one's title', '[2. Bi-Weekly]-one's title'......just for suggestion & hope it is helpful:razz:.

cheers

Hi itobe

That sounds like a simple good solution! Thanks!

I had just thought about flagging all "older" bi-weekly tests and comment with the green arrow, but your solution sound like it could work - we then just have to edit all "older" threads.

Let's hear what enoskype and samr has to say :-)

Thank you my clearheaded friend :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

hello everyone,

only notify a rule that test report titles have to be written as a fixed format: '[1. Bi-Weekly]-one's title', '[2. Bi-Weekly]-one's title'......just for suggestion & hope it is helpful:razz:.

cheers

Hi itobe

I have edited the threads according to your suggestion, but have not yet implemented the "green arrow" idea

You are right the green arrow relates better to the current Bi-Weekly tests

The [#.Bi-Weekly] idea was brilliant - now we just have to make people aware of it.

Those that I have judged were more like comments than actual tests I have skipped.

Krissy ought to add it in her thread about how to participate, under the rules mentioned there.

Thank you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi itobe

That sounds like a simple good solution! Thanks!

I had just thought about flagging all "older" bi-weekly tests and comment with the green arrow, but your solution sound like it could work - we then just have to edit all "older" threads.

Let's hear what enoskype and samr has to say :-)

Thank you my clearheaded friend :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

hi solbjerg,

"flagging all 'older' bi-weekly tests and comment with the green arrow" is also a good idea.

why not take both of them. i saw the change after your edit. the contrast between 'older' and 'newer' bi-weekly tests is not obvious.

so, how about flagging all 'newer' ones with the green arrow which means the test is underway in my opinion, and delete the green arrow when they became the 'older' ones. meanwhile, the title also should to be the fixed rule. :-P

wait for more good ideas8-)

cheers

a little mix up in the previous reply

Hi itobe

Made a mistake answering you - so here it is again - sorry!

Hi itobe

I have edited the threads according to your suggestion, but have not yet implemented the "green arrow" idea

You are right the green arrow relates better to the current Bi-Weekly tests

The [#.Bi-Weekly] idea was brilliant - now we just have to make people aware of it.

Those that I have judged were more like comments than actual tests I have skipped.

Krissy ought to add it in her thread about how to participate, under the rules mentioned there.

Thank you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

hello everyone,

cheers

Thank you Krissy!

Reaction time is OK - actually fine :-)

It would fit nicely in 1, How to test and submit test reports? under sub

#5)

Thank you Krissy

p.s. By the way I have now added the green arrow http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon2.gif to the current [2.Bi-Weekly] contenders.

p.p.s. Thanks for adding that information in your thread!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg and Itobe,

Sorry for my late action, your ideas are pretty good, I will work with my assignment.:-D Add some introduction to the guide.

Hello,

I love the idea of the green arrow http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon2.gif! It makes it really easy to tell what the latest ones are.

However, Admin and Mods will need to do a lot of work editing each thread.

Imagine in the future, lets say 4 month into the event, there are 50 or more topics being submitted each day for 2 weeks......

(Admins and Mods will have to edit all the threads again to remove the green arrow every 2 weeks as well o.o)

It would be a great idea to just have a sub-forum inside "Test & Vote" and keep the "Test & Vote" section all for the current bi-weekly topics

Cheers,

Hi All / Magic Hunter

Yes, I think too that we have to keep it as uncluttered as possible.

So a stickied thread named

[1.Bi-Weekly Posts]

Where we place all posts from that timeframe

Followed by

[2.Bi-Weekly Posts] when when that competition ends October 8.

and so on

While we use the main thread for the current contesters

What do you all think?

Cheers

solbjerg

;25640']Hello,

I love the idea of the green arrow http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon2.gif! It makes it really easy to tell what the latest ones are.

However, Admin and Mods will need to do a lot of work editing each thread.

Imagine in the future, lets say 4 month into the event, there are 50 or more topics being submitted each day for 2 weeks......

(Admins and Mods will have to edit all the threads again to remove the green arrow every 2 weeks as well o.o)

It would be a great idea to just have a sub-forum inside "Test & Vote" and keep the "Test & Vote" section all for the current bi-weekly topics

Cheers,

Hi enoskype

Perhaps just one sub-section, where we can place the non-current threads, otherwise we will need 12 and that will take up a lot of room.

Perhaps call it [Finalized #.Bi-Weeklies]

Perhaps we can get an administrator from IObit to set it up?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

It is a good idea, but it will be better with sub-sections, as each thread have more than 1 posts, and in the created thread, posts from different threads will be mixed.

Cheers.

Your are possibly right enoskype

We could ask IObit to set it up like that and let us evaluate it?

They can always delete it again :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok solbjerg,

If a sub-sub section is not seen on the main page of the Forum, then 1 sub section and 12 sub-sub sections may be even better. :idea:

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

You are right, but it would be nice to have a section that was easy to navigate in :-)

After all there are sub-sections in some of the other sections!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Well, please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, Review & Candidate Select Committee is going to evaluate the tests.

Cheers.

Hello All,

I was thinking of sub sections inside the "Test & Vote" section, didn't thought of sub-sub section.

and I didn't want you guys to make like 12 sub-sections, that would be a little messy.

But now we have sub-sub section, that might work (Some forums don't allow you to do sub-sub sections).

P.S. If you guys have enough time, Make a Stickied Thread that links to ALL the threads being submitted. Inside this Stickied thread, you then separate into categories like you said, [1.Bi-Weekly Posts], [2.Bi-Weekly Posts] and so on.

I don't think making a [1.Bi-Weekly Posts] Stickied thread every 2 week is a good idea. Too many Sticky threads in a forum~

Cheers.

Bi-Weekly dates

Hi Krissy

Would you please also add the Bi-Weekly dates in such a way that everyone knows when the periods starts and ends and what days are first and last for entering into that particular (current) Bi-Weekly competition.

For example

[1.Bi-Weekly] 10. September 2009 → 23.September 2009 (both days included)

[2.Bi-Weekly] 24.September 2009 → 7.October 2009 (both days included)

[3.Bi-Weekly] 8.October 2009 → 21.October 2009 (both days included)

[4.Bi-Weekly] 22. October 2009 → 4.November 2009 (both days included)

Thank you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Dates:

[1.Bi-Weekly] 2009.09.10 → 2009.09.23 (first-and last day included) FINISHED

[2.Bi-Weekly] 2009.09.24 → 2009.10.07 (first-and last day included) FINISHED

[3.Bi-Weekly] 2009.10.08 → 2009.10.21 (first-and last day included) OPEN NOW

[4.Bi-Weekly] 2009.10.22 → 2009.11.04 (first-and last day included)

[5.Bi-Weekly] 2009.11.05 → 2009.11.18 (first-and last day included)

[6.Bi-Weekly] 2009.11.19 → 2009.12.02 (first-and last day included)

[7.Bi-Weekly] 2009.12.03 → 2009.12.16 (first-and last day included)

[8.Bi-Weekly] 2009.12.17 → 2009.12.30 (first-and last day included)

[9.Bi-Weekly] 2009.12.31 → 2010.01.13 (first-and last day included)

[10.Bi-Weekly] 2010.01.14 → 2010.01.27 (first-and last day included

[11.Bi-Weekly] 2010.01.28 → 2010.02.10 (first-and last day included)

[12.Bi-Weekly] 2010.02.11 → 2010.02.24 (first-and last day included)

[13.Bi-Weekly] 2010.02.25 → 2010.03.10 (first-and last day included)

→ can usually be written by Alt+26

Thank you enoskype!

Hi Solbjerg and Itobe,

Sorry for my late action, your ideas are pretty good, I will work with my assignment.:-D Add some introduction to the guide.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived