IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter is locking up my PC [SOLVED in post #14]

For some reason when I click on my Windows Media Center EntryPoints (Their like desktop icons, but for Windows Media Center) in Windows Media Center with Malware Fighter File Guard on. Instead of it launching an external program (Such as Hulu Desktop) like normal, when I had Security 360. It goes to a black screen and locks up my computer to a point that I have to do a hard shutdown. With File Guard off everything launches just fine. It only happens when File Guard is on. I could understand Maleware Fighter blocking it and needing me to tell it to allow it, but it doesn't. Malware Fighter just locks up my pc and forces me to do hard shutdown, because I can't even do a ctrl+alt+delete. When it happens. I've been using IObit software for a few years now, so I'm not gonna jump ship on you guys. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and hope that there is some way that you could fix this issue in a future update. Thank you in advance for reading the post and for any help you might be able to offer me with this issue.

Unable to uninstall this garbage

Same problem here plus I'm unable to uninstall this for some reason. I don't even recall installing it to begin with.:?:

very unhappy with this IObit and it has cost me much in time, frustration and also money. I request a refund for the Advance system pro if they actually rerad these posts and respond in a timely manner.

I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO UNINSTALL WITHOUT ANY FEEZE OR LOCKUPS. ISSUE RESOLVED AFTER LOGGING OUT OF THIS FORUM.

APOLOGIES FOR MY ANGRY POSTS.

• 5 weeks later...

Similar, yet different

Well, I think I've run the gambit on trying to figure out why it's doing what it's doing. Back in the early spring I got a tip from someone to try Iobit software. I tried it out and enjoyed all of it. Security 360 seemed to work pretty well, so I bought it. Not long after, however, they changed to Malware Fighter. It does a wonderful job of detecting threats and such...when it works.

1. When returning to my computer after it had been idle for some time (i.e. Morning to check email), it seemed to be constantly processing. Pages in Firefox wouldn't load but continually try to connect. Other programs, including Task Manager of all things, wouldn't load. Hourglass for so much longer than it should be. My computer wouldn't even Shut Down or Restart.

2. Although it might be tied to the above, lately MF will not even seem to finish a scan before it locks up the computer in a similar way as the above.

3. When installing some new software for my mouse, MF wanted to know if I wanted to block it. I couldn't get my mouse unplugged and plugged back in time to tell it I didn't want it blocked. I go to the UI and attempt to find the file in a Blocked list. As far as I can tell, there is no list or way to change what MF has blocked.

All scans that I have done with my various tools have turned up nothing malicious. When I kept MF from running and tried another similar tool in it's place, I didn't have any problems, nor did I seem to have problems under Security 360.

My hardware is pretty darn decent, so I wouldn't think that MF would overwork it in anyway.

Anyone have similar problems? Better yet, any ideas or solutions so that I can get my money's worth from MF?

• 2 weeks later...

When IMF is active, and I visit yahoo mail, Firefox becomes unresponsive and an entire reboot of system is needed. If I deactivate IMF before logging in to the internet, there is no problem when visiting yahoo mail. For me, it seems that only the combo of IMF and yahoo mail seem to cause the problem.

Windows XP

Firefox 3.6.17

IMF free version 1.1

Hi

Please try to run IMF and Firefox with the

Malicious Action Guard disabled

Let us know what happens.

Cheers

The malicious action guard is not available on the free version according to the program. It states that it IS off and that you need to have the pro version for that feature to be activated.

When IMF is active, and I visit yahoo mail, Firefox becomes unresponsive and an entire reboot of system is needed. If I deactivate IMF before logging in to the internet, there is no problem when visiting yahoo mail. For me, it seems that only the combo of IMF and yahoo mail seem to cause the problem.

Windows XP

Firefox 3.6.17

IMF free version 1.1

I have a very similar problem. It's not necessarily related to yahoo mail, but to Firefox and Iobit MF. I have FF 5.01 and MF 1.11. Each has been updated in the last month. For a very long time, I was able to use FF with Iobit 360 with absolutely no problems. then the upgrade to MF and it was ok for a while. Then, with the last updates to MF, things went crazy. I could open initially in FF. Then if I wanted to open up a new tab, it would try connecting continuously. The previous tab would lock up. I tried exiting FF by X'ing out and by task mgr. When I would try restarting FF, it would give me an error message saying FF was running in the background and needed to be exited before restarting. Long story short, the only way to get out of this was to re-boot. I am now not using MF and when I do this, FF runs with no problems.

I have a very similar problem. It's not necessarily related to yahoo mail, but to Firefox and Iobit MF. I have FF 5.01 and MF 1.11. Each has been updated in the last month. For a very long time, I was able to use FF with Iobit 360 with absolutely no problems. then the upgrade to MF and it was ok for a while. Then, with the last updates to MF, things went crazy. I could open initially in FF. Then if I wanted to open up a new tab, it would try connecting continuously. The previous tab would lock up. I tried exiting FF by X'ing out and by task mgr. When I would try restarting FF, it would give me an error message saying FF was running in the background and needed to be exited before restarting. Long story short, the only way to get out of this was to re-boot. I am now not using MF and when I do this, FF runs with no problems.

This was exactly my problem, but only time it seemed to happen was when I went to Yahoo mail. Otherwise, everything worked fine, UNTIL... this morning. Until today, I was always able to just exit out of MF by right clicking on the icon in my taskbar and clicking exit. But as of today, MF would run without an icon in the taskbar, and I could not find a way to exit out of the program. So as of now, I have deleted the program, and that was a nightmare in itself. Had to rename the files in the MF program, and downloaded Unlocker so I could delete those damn .dll files that didnt want to delete because they were in use from the time of startup. Thanks Iobit for this lousy MF program. I used to swear up and down about your products, and even had some friends buy your products. Now I will be much more skeptical in the future with my recommendations.

For some reason when I click on my Windows Media Center EntryPoints (Their like desktop icons, but for Windows Media Center) in Windows Media Center with Malware Fighter File Guard on. Instead of it launching an external program (Such as Hulu Desktop) like normal, when I had Security 360. It goes to a black screen and locks up my computer to a point that I have to do a hard shutdown. With File Guard off everything launches just fine. It only happens when File Guard is on. I could understand Maleware Fighter blocking it and needing me to tell it to allow it, but it doesn't. Malware Fighter just locks up my pc and forces me to do hard shutdown, because I can't even do a ctrl+alt+delete. When it happens. I've been using IObit software for a few years now, so I'm not gonna jump ship on you guys. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and hope that there is some way that you could fix this issue in a future update. Thank you in advance for reading the post and for any help you might be able to offer me with this issue.

I got the same issue again. This time Malware Fighter is only doing it, if I'm launching the Boxee Media Center. If Malware Fighter isn't running, Boxee launches just fine.

Hi ikill

Please go through all your settings thoroughly and choose those that do not disable your browsers. :-)

Do you use the automatic functions in IMF?

Cheers

solbjerg

Is Happen On All 3 Browsers i Have Mozilla, Chrome And Opera i Need To Restart The Pc turn off IMF so i can login and check email

IMF Version 1.1.1.4 - Free

solution to problem between IMF and Browser

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the trouble. When you use IMF, if you encounter problem with browser, Please try the below way to solve the problem.

Please download the compressed files "replace.rar">>then extract the files>>replace the original files in the program folder of IMF.

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

Please let us know whether the solution works, if not, please send email to us.

replace.rar

IMF doesn't work well with Chrome or IE8 either

I tried using IMF with chrome and every so often, it'd completely lock up. The same thing would happen with IE8. I couldn't close the processes in task manager either. The computer wouldn't log off and shut down on its own because it couldn't close those processes, so the only fix was to crash it and reboot.

Finally! A solution to my Malware Fighter Glitch that Worked!

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the trouble. When you use IMF, if you encounter problem with browser, Please try the below way to solve the problem.

Please download the compressed files "replace.rar">>then extract the files>>replace the original files in the program folder of IMF.

Like a number of other users I used Security 360 for months without any problems. After iObit switched it out for iObit Malware Fighter it was OK until an update in the middle of July. Then my Browsers would stop responding or slow down drastically and I often could not restart my PC unless I performed a warm reboot. I proved through trail and error that IMF.exe was the culprit and disabled Malware Fighter at Startup to prevent the problems.

I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THE ABOVE FIX DOES WORK!!!

I would caution anyone else following this procedure to just rename the existing files with a .OLD designation before replacing them. This is just good sense as it keeps the original file intact if you need to reinstall it for some reason. That said, this fix did work and I have deleted the original files now.:smile:

Same problem

I had problems with chrome 13 and FF 5 hanging up when checking yahoo mail then closed but the processes were still running and I could not terminate FF or Chrome. Had to reboot everytime, also chrome would tell me that it could not load my personal profile. I disabled IOBit malware fighter and am pleased to report FF 6 and chrome are running perfect.

I am not very savy with computers yet... I do not understand how to use this fix.

I finally just deleted Chrome and accidentally deleted the Chrome updater so I cannot even get Chrome to open. I had to go back to FF 3.6.19 it is the only version that works. Opera would freeze, they all hang and then I have to do a hard shut.

I am using winzip evaluation version. I am not sure how to take the unzipped files and replace them.

If anyone could use baby steps and explain it , I would be grateful

Thank you

I had problems with chrome 13 and FF 5 hanging up when checking yahoo mail then closed but the processes were still running and I could not terminate FF or Chrome. Had to reboot everytime, also chrome would tell me that it could not load my personal profile. I disabled IOBit malware fighter and am pleased to report FF 6 and chrome are running perfect.

I had the exact same problem with FF and Chrome. However, I cannot figure out how to do the fix, so, I am not sure if it will work... :-(

Welcome

Welcome to the forum mladyraven :smile:

I am a senior and not very savy. I do not understand how to use this fix.

I finally just deleted Chrome and accidently deleted the Chrome updater so I cannot even get Chrome to open. I had to go back to FF 3.6.19 it is the only verison that works. Opera would freeze, they all hang and then I have to do a hard shut.

I am using winzip evaluation verison. I am not sure how to take the unzipped files and replace them.

If anyone could use baby steps and explain it , I would be greatful

Thank you

For the future you might want to have a look at 7-Zip as a replacement for WinZip. 7-Zip is completely free, forever.

I don't use WinZip (I use 7-Zip) but the following instructions should cover it.

• Right click on the replace.rar file you downloaded. The Context Menu will appear

• Point your cursor to WinZip A menu will appear

• Click on Extract to Folder (then an address which will be the same as where the replace.rar file is now)

Here is an example screenshot from the WinZip website

http://kb.winzip.com/kb_upload/image/cntxtmenu.png

• A new folder called replace will appear

• Open the replace folder, there should be 3 files inside:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8133&stc=1&d=1313821563

Copy those 3 files. To do this:

Click on Edit in the folder Menu then click on Select All The 3 files will be hilighted.

Click on Edit in the folder Menu again then click on Copy

Next Step:

• Open Windows Explorer (Press and hold down the Windows Key then press the E key)

• Open (double click) C:

• Open Program files

• Open IObit

• Open IObit Malware Fighter

• In the right pane: Right click on an empty space and select Paste

• You will be asked if you wish to overwrite the existing files, select Yes to all

• When the files have finished being replaced (should only be a few seconds) close the window

That should be it :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Problem between IMF and Browsers

Hello everyone,

I had the same problems of all Browsers freezing/hanging when IMF is in real-time protection mode.I downloaded the 'replace.rar' ,extracted the three files,copied/pasted them in IMF folder,replacing the existing files.

Now, IMF and all browsers work fine.thanks a lot for the solution.

Welcome to the forum mladyraven :smile:

For the future you might want to have a look at 7-Zip as a replacement for WinZip. 7-Zip is completely free, forever.

I don't use WinZip (I use 7-Zip) but the following instructions should cover it.

That should be it :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you for the warm welcome! :grin:

I deleted win zip and downloaded 7-Zip, thanks, it is free and much easier to use! TY

I appreciate your clear and simple directions sometimes directions are just too advanced for us newbies who are trying to teach ourselves how to use computers on a limited budget! Your directions were great!

Thanks for all of your assistance! Have a great weekend

:lol:

Edit by wozofoz

Posts about Google Chrome have been moved to their own thread Can't Install Google Chrome

I tried the thing from Cicely and it works, at least for now. Chrome hasn't locked up in a while. I'll post again if it does.

I had the exact same problem with FF and Chrome. However, I cannot figure out how to do the fix, so, I am not sure if it will work...

The fix is incredibly easy. First download Cicely's attachment and then extract it. Then go to My Computer and in the address bar, just copy paste this:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

into it. Then open the folder where you extracted the files from the attachment to and copy and paste that into the Iobit Malware Fighter folder. It'll replace the old files.

**I usually use 7-zip to extract the rar file here's a link to it: http ://www.7-zip.org/download.html

I tried the thing from Cicely and it works, at least for now. Chrome hasn't locked up in a while. I'll post again if it does.

The fix is incredibly easy. First download Cicely's attachment and then extract it. Then go to My Computer and in the address bar, just copy paste this:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

into it. Then open the folder where you extracted the files from the attachment to and copy and paste that into the Iobit Malware Fighter folder. It'll replace the old files.

**I usually use 7-zip to extract the rar file here's a link to it: http ://www.7-zip.org/download.html

The above instructions are true, if you're running a 32 bit system. If you're running a 64 bit system, you'll want to copy paste this path:

C:\Programs Files(x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

Program Files(x86) is the 32 bit program folder for a 64 bit system, all 64 bit programs would go in to Program Files. But IObit doesn't make any 64 bit programs yet, so a 64 bit OS will install any IObit program in Program Files(x86).

I thought it would be wise to cover this, because 64 bit is our future. 32 bit's days are numbers. Once Microsoft release Windows 8, it only be available for 64bit PCs and the yet to be released 128 bit PCs. 32 Bit PCs will no longer be able to run a Windows Operating System after Windows 7. I think we need to be thinking about that now as PC users. And I think Software developers should be thinking about it too. Sure I can use a 32 bit program on my 64 bit PC's OS, but 32 bit programs (Such as IObit) are not taking hold of the full power of the 64 bit architecture. When Windows 8 hit 64 bit will be the new standard, like 32 bit has been forever. So do you want be left behind or be at the forefront. The choice is yours IObit, the choice is yours.

Archived