Malware Fighter is locking up my PC [SOLVED in post #14]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware Fighter is locking up my PC [SOLVED in post #14]

For some reason when I click on my Windows Media Center EntryPoints (Their like desktop icons, but for Windows Media Center) in Windows Media Center with Malware Fighter File Guard on. Instead of it launching an external program (Such as Hulu Desktop) like normal, when I had Security 360. It goes to a black screen and locks up my computer to a point that I have to do a hard shutdown. With File Guard off everything launches just fine. It only happens when File Guard is on. I could understand Maleware Fighter blocking it and needing me to tell it to allow it, but it doesn't. Malware Fighter just locks up my pc and forces me to do hard shutdown, because I can't even do a ctrl+alt+delete. When it happens. I've been using IObit software for a few years now, so I'm not gonna jump ship on you guys. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and hope that there is some way that you could fix this issue in a future update. Thank you in advance for reading the post and for any help you might be able to offer me with this issue.

Unable to uninstall this garbage

Same problem here plus I'm unable to uninstall this for some reason. I don't even recall installing it to begin with.
    very unhappy with this IObit and it has cost me much in time, frustration and also money. I request a refund for the Advance system pro if they actually rerad these posts and respond in a timely manner.

I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO UNINSTALL WITHOUT ANY FEEZE OR LOCKUPS. ISSUE RESOLVED AFTER LOGGING OUT OF THIS FORUM.
    APOLOGIES FOR MY ANGRY POSTS.
    Last edited by johnnygas; Jun. 20th, 2011, 04:04.

Comment

Similar, yet different

Well, I think I've run the gambit on trying to figure out why it's doing what it's doing. Back in the early spring I got a tip from someone to try Iobit software. I tried it out and enjoyed all of it. Security 360 seemed to work pretty well, so I bought it. Not long after, however, they changed to Malware Fighter. It does a wonderful job of detecting threats and such...when it works.

1. When returning to my computer after it had been idle for some time (i.e. Morning to check email), it seemed to be constantly processing. Pages in Firefox wouldn't load but continually try to connect. Other programs, including Task Manager of all things, wouldn't load. Hourglass for so much longer than it should be. My computer wouldn't even Shut Down or Restart.

2. Although it might be tied to the above, lately MF will not even seem to finish a scan before it locks up the computer in a similar way as the above.

3. When installing some new software for my mouse, MF wanted to know if I wanted to block it. I couldn't get my mouse unplugged and plugged back in time to tell it I didn't want it blocked. I go to the UI and attempt to find the file in a Blocked list. As far as I can tell, there is no list or way to change what MF has blocked.

All scans that I have done with my various tools have turned up nothing malicious. When I kept MF from running and tried another similar tool in it's place, I didn't have any problems, nor did I seem to have problems under Security 360.

My hardware is pretty darn decent, so I wouldn't think that MF would overwork it in anyway.

Anyone have similar problems? Better yet, any ideas or solutions so that I can get my money's worth from MF?

Comment

When IMF is active, and I visit yahoo mail, Firefox becomes unresponsive and an entire reboot of system is needed. If I deactivate IMF before logging in to the internet, there is no problem when visiting yahoo mail. For me, it seems that only the combo of IMF and yahoo mail seem to cause the problem.

Windows XP
        Firefox 3.6.17
        IMF free version 1.1

Comment

@zillagod

Hi
          Please try to run IMF and Firefox with the

Malicious Action Guard disabled

Let us know what happens.

Cheers

Updated here...

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php...94&postcount=2
          Last edited by Sarakael; Aug. 7th, 2011, 12:48.
          Have a nice day

Sarakael

Comment

Originally posted by Sarakael View Post
            Hi
            Please try to run IMF and Firefox with the

Malicious Action Guard disabled

Let us know what happens.

Cheers
            The malicious action guard is not available on the free version according to the program. It states that it IS off and that you need to have the pro version for that feature to be activated.

Comment

Originally posted by zillagod View Post
              When IMF is active, and I visit yahoo mail, Firefox becomes unresponsive and an entire reboot of system is needed. If I deactivate IMF before logging in to the internet, there is no problem when visiting yahoo mail. For me, it seems that only the combo of IMF and yahoo mail seem to cause the problem.

Windows XP
              Firefox 3.6.17
              IMF free version 1.1
              I have a very similar problem. It's not necessarily related to yahoo mail, but to Firefox and Iobit MF. I have FF 5.01 and MF 1.11. Each has been updated in the last month. For a very long time, I was able to use FF with Iobit 360 with absolutely no problems. then the upgrade to MF and it was ok for a while. Then, with the last updates to MF, things went crazy. I could open initially in FF. Then if I wanted to open up a new tab, it would try connecting continuously. The previous tab would lock up. I tried exiting FF by X'ing out and by task mgr. When I would try restarting FF, it would give me an error message saying FF was running in the background and needed to be exited before restarting. Long story short, the only way to get out of this was to re-boot. I am now not using MF and when I do this, FF runs with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by blackie13 View Post
                I have a very similar problem. It's not necessarily related to yahoo mail, but to Firefox and Iobit MF. I have FF 5.01 and MF 1.11. Each has been updated in the last month. For a very long time, I was able to use FF with Iobit 360 with absolutely no problems. then the upgrade to MF and it was ok for a while. Then, with the last updates to MF, things went crazy. I could open initially in FF. Then if I wanted to open up a new tab, it would try connecting continuously. The previous tab would lock up. I tried exiting FF by X'ing out and by task mgr. When I would try restarting FF, it would give me an error message saying FF was running in the background and needed to be exited before restarting. Long story short, the only way to get out of this was to re-boot. I am now not using MF and when I do this, FF runs with no problems.
                This was exactly my problem, but only time it seemed to happen was when I went to Yahoo mail. Otherwise, everything worked fine, UNTIL... this morning. Until today, I was always able to just exit out of MF by right clicking on the icon in my taskbar and clicking exit. But as of today, MF would run without an icon in the taskbar, and I could not find a way to exit out of the program. So as of now, I have deleted the program, and that was a nightmare in itself. Had to rename the files in the MF program, and downloaded Unlocker so I could delete those damn .dll files that didnt want to delete because they were in use from the time of startup. Thanks Iobit for this lousy MF program. I used to swear up and down about your products, and even had some friends buy your products. Now I will be much more skeptical in the future with my recommendations.

Comment

mf doesnt work well with fire fox at all.

i had to take it off so i could use ff or other wise it would freeze up and then nothing at all.

Comment

Hi packerfan
                    Which versions do you use.
                    I have not experienced any problems with Firefox or IMF.
                    Cheers
                    solbjerg

Originally posted by packerfan65 View Post
                    i had to take it off so i could use ff or other wise it would freeze up and then nothing at all.
                    太阳山 (solbjerg)
                    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                    Itemized subjects Table of content
                    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                    Clean Install concept Clean Install
                    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by purewitz View Post
                      For some reason when I click on my Windows Media Center EntryPoints (Their like desktop icons, but for Windows Media Center) in Windows Media Center with Malware Fighter File Guard on. Instead of it launching an external program (Such as Hulu Desktop) like normal, when I had Security 360. It goes to a black screen and locks up my computer to a point that I have to do a hard shutdown. With File Guard off everything launches just fine. It only happens when File Guard is on. I could understand Maleware Fighter blocking it and needing me to tell it to allow it, but it doesn't. Malware Fighter just locks up my pc and forces me to do hard shutdown, because I can't even do a ctrl+alt+delete. When it happens. I've been using IObit software for a few years now, so I'm not gonna jump ship on you guys. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and hope that there is some way that you could fix this issue in a future update. Thank you in advance for reading the post and for any help you might be able to offer me with this issue.
                      I got the same issue again. This time Malware Fighter is only doing it, if I'm launching the Boxee Media Center. If Malware Fighter isn't running, Boxee launches just fine.

Comment

IMF Freeze And Crash The Pc On Yahoo Mail Login

Is Happen On All 3 Browsers i Have Mozilla, Chrome And Opera i Need To Restart The Pc turn off IMF so i can login and check email

IMF Version 1.1.1.4 - Free

Comment

Hi ikill
                          Please go through all your settings thoroughly and choose those that do not disable your browsers.
                          Do you use the automatic functions in IMF?
                          Cheers
                          solbjerg

Originally posted by ikill View Post
                          Is Happen On All 3 Browsers i Have Mozilla, Chrome And Opera i Need To Restart The Pc turn off IMF so i can login and check email

IMF Version 1.1.1.4 - Free
                          太阳山 (solbjerg)
                          Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                          (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                          Itemized subjects Table of content
                          In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                          Clean Install concept Clean Install
                          Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

solution to problem between IMF and Browser

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the trouble. When you use IMF, if you encounter problem with browser, Please try the below way to solve the problem.

Please download the compressed files "replace.rar">>then extract the files>>replace the original files in the program folder of IMF.

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

Please let us know whether the solution works, if not, please send email to us.
                            Attached Files
                            IObit Support Team --
                            If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

IMF doesn't work well with Chrome or IE8 either

I tried using IMF with chrome and every so often, it'd completely lock up. The same thing would happen with IE8. I couldn't close the processes in task manager either. The computer wouldn't log off and shut down on its own because it couldn't close those processes, so the only fix was to crash it and reboot.

Comment

Working...
                              X