IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

'Off-Line Database' Download ?

Ah...??? :shock: How will the Malware 'Off-Line Database', posted in this forum, help people that are Not connected to the Internet?

If they are Not connected to Internet, they can Not download the Database update files. :oops:

I guess it's designed for intermittent access? That's all I could come up with. Sounds odd to me also.

If one has Intermittent access, (connected only long enough to connect to Forum website and download the Off-line file)

then they should be able to download them the normal way, correct ? :wink: :-D

The only thing I can think of is if the IObit Malware-update-Server went Down, for some reason, this website may still be available for a needed update ?

(I suppose a Competitor could Target their Cloud-Server with a Virus) :wink:

True, but if you don't have Internet connection you can not download to a memory stick,

unless you have another computer connected to Internet, which most users do not have.

The old 360 database was not exactly the Same thing as the Cloud-server database is it?

Since Cloud type is strictly dependent on an Internet connection being available.

I'm not sure how Cloud type Security programs React, when they can Not connect to Internet,

since I've not tried one yet. Do they time-out and stop running or What?

Hi Toppack,

It is only a convenience to the users if they are not able to update through directly downloding the definitions of IMF for any reason.

Apart from possibility of IObit update servers beeing down, at least it gives one the chance to download with another PC and convey it to the disabled PC with other ways than internet connection such as by USB stick or CD or external disk, etc.

Comparing with IS360, you are right and wrong, as IMF still uses the updated definitions database in IMF db folder together with internet Cloud.

Please check the "date modified" for core000.def file there.

BTW, you can use IMF securely if you are not connected to internet with condition that you update the database to the latest definitions file.

Cheers.

Archived