IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter features vs. those of Advanced SystemCare

Hello,

This is my first post. If I am not posting this in the proper place, please kindly let me know where the best place to post it (for the most thorough and authoritative answers) would be. Thank you.

Here are my questions ...

1.) I noticed that Advanced SystemCare has its own malware scanner. What exactly are the differences between the malware scanner in Advanced SystemCare and the scanner in IObit's Malware Fighter?

2.) This question is in regards to the "protection" features of the two programs and is not in regards to their scanning properties. IObit Malware Fighter and Advanced SystemCare both feature many of the same protection features, such as cookie guards, browser guards, process guards, etc. The features seem redundant and I would like to know if I have Advanced SystemCare if there is any benefit to having the protection features of Malware Fighter as well? Aren't they virtually the same?

3.) If the protection features of one are activated, do they interfere with the protection features of the other? In other words, if both programs have the same protection features enacted (which seems redundant), is there any interference between them?

4.) If not, at the very least, would I be using unnecessary resources having two programs running which are essentially doing the same thing?

Thank you.

Looking forward to some good answers.

Hi JohnnySokko, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

You have very valid questions and at the correct sections of the forum, but this and your question about Smart Defrag in another thread have been discussed many times in the forum.

Please go through the relevant sections and you can find good answers in the threads and posts there.

In summary:

IMF has completely different features using cloud technology compared to ASC4 and shoud be used for malware protection together with an A/V software.

SD is a complete defragmenter with many features such as boot time defrag, scheduling, file exclusion, file inclusion so if one wants to use a detailed defragmenter, SD is the best free defragmenter around.

Resource usage depends to the users preferences, automation, scheduling, etc.

Cheers.

• 3 years later...
Any updates on this question we are now at IMF 2.4 and ASC 7?

Hi aasalem

Welcome t the forum.

What further updates would you expect to see to this very old Topic. Enoskype's post provided the answer to the OP's question, and that answer is still valid for the present IMF and ASC.

If you have a specific question that is different to the question in this Topic, then you should open a new Topic.

Like what can be cured by ASC that can not be caught

by IMF and

vise-versa

. Things liek autoruns,

BootKits, etc. Since some antiverses use separate scanner for these types of infections thought you at IOBit have done similar specialized tools.

As Enoskype said in his post....please read through the Forums/Topics as there have been many discussions on theses subjects.

Please also note that Malware protection and Virus Protection are two completely different things....ASC offers a limited Malware Protection and IMF offers a comprehensive Malware Protection....but neither offer Virus Protection.

ASC Ultimate Offers comprehensive Virus Protection as well as all the other features of ASC.

Archived