IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF blocks a program which is not malware

Kalzon

I have a program that is blocked by IMF (v1.11) when my program is updating its data. When I stop IMF the program is running as expected. The strange thing is that the program is not detected as malware during scanning. Is it possible to add this program to the ignore list anyhow? As I understand only files detected as malware during scanning are automatically put in the ignore list. Or is there another solution to overcome my problem? Unless this problem can be resolved I need to alter to another anti-malware program :cry: I intended to byut IMF Pro but now I hesitate!

Clarificaion: my program is running but when it calls the Internet for fetching data from a website (svenskaspel.se) it just get stuck and cannot collect/read data into the program. It reminds about the previous thread in this forum: IMF blocks box.net

• 3 weeks later...
I have a program that is blocked by IMF (v1.11) when my program is updating its data.

Clarificaion: my program is running but when it calls the Internet for fetching data from a website (svenskaspel.se) it just get stuck and cannot collect/read data into the program. It reminds about the previous thread in this forum: IMF blocks box.net

Hi Kalzon,

Sorry for the problem happened to you.

Would you please show us more information for resolving your issue?

- The program's name.

- Your OS.

- A screenshot when IMF blocks it.

All the Best.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for a late answer. The program, football pools(?), is bought from http://www.radsoft.se. When updating the data with teams, results, prediction etc. I get an error message (in swedish) telling something like this:

...cannot be updated...check firewall or try a little bit later etc... and then it get stuck and I need to kill its process to continue.

The program is not detected as a malware when scanning IMF and when not running IMF my program works as it should. Thus, my conclusion is that IMF is blocking it.

Is there a way to add the program to the ignore list making me able to use it? If not, there should be such a function in IMF!!!

Hope you can help me. I skipped IMF and chose another malware software due to this error, but I was lucky to win a license on Facebook (Major Geeks). But I would also like my non-malware programs to be able to run under it, otherwise it is useless to me.

I run Windows 7, 64-bit.

Hi Kalzon

The Ignore list is found in the settings. You probably have configured the settings prior to running the program?

Please give us some screenshots that shows your settings or describe the settings in detail.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry for a late answer. The program, football pools(?), is bought from www.radsoft.se. When updating the data with teams, results, prediction etc. I get an error message (in swedish) telling something like this:

...cannot be updated...check firewall or try a little bit later etc... and then it get stuck and I need to kill its process to continue.

The program is not detected as a malware when scanning IMF and when not running IMF my program works as it should. Thus, my conclusion is that IMF is blocking it.

Is there a way to add the program to the ignore list making me able to use it? If not, there should be such a function in IMF!!!

Hope you can help me. I skipped IMF and chose another malware software due to this error, but I was lucky to win a license on Facebook (Major Geeks). But I would also like my non-malware programs to be able to run under it, otherwise it is useless to me.

I run Windows 7, 64-bit.

Hi Kalzon

My best advice is to run the program and check all "problems" details and try to determine which "problem" you want to place in the ignore list.

Right now I am not aware of any other method. Sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

What settings do you suspect address this issue? I do not see any that could make any difference...

Is it posssible to add a program to the ignore list without having it shown up as malware during a scan?

Archived