IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is it OK to combine IMF with Avast AntiVirus

alex30

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is a good idea to run IMF and Avast antivirus together. I know that one is billed as antimalware and the other antivirus but there is so much overlap in products these days that it is becoming unclear.

For instance Microsoft security essentials seems to cover both areas, how well I am not sure , and if you have that running it will disable Windows Defender. I am just running Avast and IMF and wondered about their compatibility.

Regards Alex.

Hi alex30,

I believe they are compatible with their current versions. That doesn't mean that there can not be a glitch in the future which should be looked after then.

Also, MSE and IMF or Avira and IMF go happly together as of today.

Most of the known A/V programs do not have any compatibility problems with IMF as of today.

In fact, it is a very good idea to use IMF together all the times with a well known A/V program.

Cheers.

Archived