IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What are the purpose of the lines (0-10) on the graph of the real-time screen?

On the real-time screen on IObit Malware Fighter, there is a moving graph that analyzes files as they scroll across the screen. Most of it is pretty self-explanatory except for what the ten horizontal lines, which are numbered from 0 to 10, mean.

I have never seen any file ever go up higher than the first line, so what's the point of the other lines? Are they just there for decoration (i.e, "eye candy") to make the program look more "sophisticated" or something, or do they actually serve a real purpose?

Hi JohnnySokko

I suppose you are using SmartScan?

Have you tried the full scan setting?

Cheers

solbjerg

On the real-time screen on IObit Malware Fighter, there is a moving graph that analyzes files as they scroll across the screen. Most of it is pretty self-explanatory except for what the ten horizontal lines, which are numbered from 0 to 10, mean.

I have never seen any file ever go up higher than the first line, so what's the point of the other lines? Are they just there for decoration (i.e, "eye candy") to make the program look more "sophisticated" or something, or do they actually serve a real purpose?

Hi, Solbjerg.

No, not that. I'm not referring to Smart Scan. I'm afraid you misunderstood.

I'm talking about the how the program monitors files in its real-time protection.

If you click on Overview and then select the option to show real-time instead of statistics, you'll see the scrolling graph that I'm referring to.

And on that graph, you'll see ten horizontal lines that are numbered from 0 to 10. Those are what I'm asking about it. Since I've never seen any scanned file ever go up past the first line, I'm wondering if they even really signify anything — or if they are just there, as I suggested earlier, for decoration (to make the program look more "sophisticated" or something), or do they actually serve a real purpose?

Hi JohnnySokko

Exactly, please try running it with a full scan setting.

And let it do an automatic cleaning, scheduled perhaps with all selections at top level.

By me it usually goes to the second line. I run it also with the SmartScan selection.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, Solbjerg.

No, not that. I'm not referring to Smart Scan. I'm afraid you misunderstood.

I'm talking about the how the program monitors files in its real-time protection.

If you click on Overview and then select the option to show real-time instead of statistics, you'll see the scrolling graph that I'm referring to.

And on that graph, you'll see ten horizontal lines that are numbered from 0 to 10. Those are what I'm asking about it. Since I've never seen any scanned file ever go up past the first line, I'm wondering if they even really signify anything — or if they are just there, as I suggested earlier, for decoration (to make the program look more "sophisticated" or something), or do they actually serve a real purpose?

Not exactly decoration. Right?

OK guys, here is the graphic showing more than 1 scanned object (3&2 and 2&1) (In real time) at a time when screenshot is taken and pasted to MS Paint. So it shows the # of objects scanned at the time of action of the user. I have seen more thaan 5 at a time many times.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9411&d=1328051364

Cheers.

• 9 months later...

Hello, Solbjerg and Enoskype.

I walked away from this thread after I started it because I got frustrated with IObit Malware Fighter (IMF), so I just uninstalled it, instead of wasting any more time on it. I decided to just wait for a new release and see if the problems would be remedied. Well, I downloaded the newest version last week, and I'm still having the same issue(s) with it.

I really want to like this program. In fact, I would even like to buy the Pro version of it, but it just seems too buggy, even to this day. :sad:

I'm experiencing the same problems with the newest version of IMF that I experienced with the very first version. And this is making me think that, perhaps, the IObit developers are devoting pretty much all of their resources into Advanced SystemCare, leaving very little time to refine IMF. Do you think there's any truth to that?

That aside, let's get back to the issue at hand. Actually, there are several issues, but I just want to focus on one right now, the one that this thread was originally about.

On the Real-time screen (the one that Enoskype posted a picture of in his very last post), the green and red scrolling vertical bars that are supposed to show up as the program scans files, websites, etc., never appear when I use the program.

Well, actually, that isn't entirely true. Please let me explain: When I go online using Internet Explorer 8 (which is the browser that I mainly use), the bars never show up. And when I use Google Chrome (which I use on occasion), the bars never show up either. However, when I use Maxthon, the bars do show up! :???:

When I'm using Maxthon, every website that I go to, every picture that I look at, etc., all cause a stream of bars to appear across the screen as IMF scans all of the files in real-time, just as it is supposed to. However, the screen is dead when I'm using either Internet Explorer or Chrome.

So what's up with that? Any ideas?

PS: I want to be clear on something so that everyone fully understands this: Solbjerg asked me twice about what scan setting I was using, i.e., Smart Scan or Full Scan. And I want to point out that it doesn't matter. I think he misunderstood the problem that I'm having. This issue has nothing to do with running a scan of either kind. The graph that I'm referring to (i.e., the page where it shows the scrolling vertical bars [that is, the screen that Enoskype posted a picture of in his very last post]) is supposed to be active whether an actual scan is being ran or not.

Hi Johnny

I do not think the lines serves any other purpose than giving a graphic picture of how many items the program cleans away. This can also be seen by number in the other showing.

I have never had it go beyond the third line, but I suppose that if you clean very often that it may not go past line one.

To hazard a guess I would say that each line corresponds to 10 items found. (I just compared the height of the green coloumn to the number shown in the history)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, Solbjerg and Enoskype.

I walked away from this thread after I started it because I got frustrated with IObit Malware Fighter (IMF), so I just uninstalled it, instead of wasting any more time on it. I decided to just wait for a new release and see if the problems would be remedied. Well, I downloaded the newest version last week, and I'm still having the same issue(s) with it.

I really want to like this program. In fact, I would even like to buy the Pro version of it, but it just seems too buggy, even to this day. :sad:

I'm experiencing the same problems with the newest version of IMF that I experienced with the very first version. And this is making me think that, perhaps, the IObit developers are devoting pretty much all of their resources into Advanced SystemCare, leaving very little time to refine IMF. Do you think there's any truth to that?

That aside, let's get back to the issue at hand. Actually, there are several issues, but I just want to focus on one right now, the one that this thread was originally about.

On the Real-time screen (the one that Enoskype posted a picture of in his very last post), the green and red scrolling vertical bars that are supposed to show up as the program scans files, websites, etc., never appear when I use the program.

Well, actually, that isn't entirely true. Please let me explain: When I go online using Internet Explorer 8 (which is the browser that I mainly use), the bars never show up. And when I use Google Chrome (which I use on occasion), the bars never show up either. However, when I use Maxthon, the bars do show up! :???:

When I'm using Maxthon, every website that I go to, every picture that I look at, etc., all cause a stream of bars to appear across the screen as IMF scans all of the files in real-time, just as it is supposed to. However, the screen is dead when I'm using either Internet Explorer or Chrome.

PS: I want to be clear on something so that everyone fully understands this: Solbjerg asked me twice about what scan setting I was using, i.e., Smart Scan or Full Scan. And I want to point out that it doesn't matter. I think he misunderstood the problem that I'm having. This issue has nothing to do with running a scan of either kind. The graph that I'm referring to (i.e., the page where it shows the scrolling vertical bars [that is, the screen that Enoskype posted a picture of in his very last post]) is supposed to be active whether an actual scan is being ran or not.

Hi guys,

Each line corresponds to 1 (ONE) item at a time scanned/found (green/red).

You can check that by clicking the Statistics tab. You will see the total numbers of items scanned and total number of items found as malware at the time span when IMF is running.

To verify one item by one line, just checking immediately after Windows starts and been connected to the Internet, you can see the green/red columns and then in statistics tab, the numbers corresponding to still seen in Real-time tab for the analized items in the web, the system, and also in anything if connected by USB.

Cheers.

Thank you enoskype - you tested it of course more thoroughly than I did, Great!!

Thanks, Enoskype.

Actually, I knew that much. Figuring out that each vertical line represents one item scanned was easy to figure out. :-)

What I don't know, though, and what I'm still trying to figure out is, what is the significance of the lines 0-10? They must represent something, I would think, but there is nothing anywhere that explains it. :-(

And in addition to that, I'm still trying to figure out the main problem that I'm experiencing (knowing what the lines 0-10 mean is definitely something that I would like to know, but it's not an actual problem per se).

The main problem is that I am not seeing any scrolling vertical lines at all! I wrote about this before, and I wrote about it again, at length, in my very last post, but nobody replied to those parts, so here they are again (with the key points in bold):

I really want to like this program. In fact, I would even like to buy the Pro version of it, but it just seems too buggy, even to this day.

On the Real-time screen (the one that Enoskype posted a picture of in one of his posts), the green and red scrolling vertical bars that are supposed to show up as the program scans files, websites, etc., never appear when I use the program.

Well, actually, that isn't entirely true. Please let me explain: When I go online using Internet Explorer 8 (which is the browser that I mainly use), the bars never show up. And when I use Google Chrome (which I use on occasion), the bars never show up either. However, when I use Maxthon, the bars do show up!

PS: I want to be clear on something so that everyone fully understands this: Solbjerg asked me twice about what scan setting I was using, i.e., Smart Scan or Full Scan. And I want to point out that it doesn't matter. I think he misunderstood the problem that I'm having. This issue has nothing to do with running a scan of either kind. The graph that I'm referring to (i.e., the page where it shows the scrolling vertical bars [that is, the screen that Enoskype posted a picture of]) is supposed to be active whether an actual scan is being ran or not.

Hi JohnnySokko,

"Each line" shoud have been written "Each hrizontal line", sorry for not being so clear.

The horizontal dotted lines each represent the # of items scanned/found at a specific time. (Web browsing or going through an explorer folder, openning a program.)

Say, if the green column is as high as 4, then it means that 4 items are scanned at the same time and all of them are safe.

If the same 4 units high column is green and red, then it could be that, a malware, two or three, (depends of the height of the red part of the column) are found and the remaining is (are) safe out of a total of 4 items scanned.

I hope this clears the question about 0-10 horizontal dotted lines.

I can't find any other way to explain better what is the significance of the lines 0-10.

Why 0-10 and not 0-20? Perhaps the maximum # of items can be scanned by IMF at a time is 10. I don't know?!?!

I have no idea of your case that it is working for Maxthon browser and not working for IE or Chrome browsers.

They should work, as mine is working for IE, FF and Windows Explorer.

This is valid for all the PCs/Laptops that I have installed IMF so far more than 30.

I am assuming that when you reinstall IMF, you use the Clean Install method.

I wish you could try it on a different PC with a fresh install.

I would not agree with that as they have developed it recently with more than 1 major version.

Perhaps they can not repeat the glitch(s) you are having?

Cheers.

When I go online using Internet Explorer 8 (which is the browser that I mainly use)

Just a heads up in case you are not aware

Google Apps no longer suppported in IE8

Internet Explorer 10 launches on 10/26/2012, and as a result, we will discontinue support for Internet Explorer 8 shortly afterwards, on 11/15/2012. After this date users accessing Google Apps services using Internet Explorer 8 will see a message recommending that they upgrade their browser.

Archived