IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue screen crash

houdini

I keep having crshes due to iobit malware protection program.

the crash report is as below:

On Mon 2/20/2012 4:36:30 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022112-44171-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: urlfilter.sys (UrlFilter+0x2321)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF83479E85)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\drivers\win7_x86\UrlFilter.sys

product: IObit Malware Fighter

company: IObit.com

description: URL Filter

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: urlfilter.sys (URL Filter, IObit.com).

Google query: urlfilter.sys IObit.com IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: urlfilter.sys (UrlFilter+0x2321)

file path: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\drivers\win7_x86\UrlFilter.sys

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: urlfilter.sys (URL Filter, IObit.com).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

urlfilter.sys (URL Filter, IObit.com)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Hi houdini, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Hi all,

The temporary solution is that .............. Or delete the whole drivers folder.

The info in IObit Malware Fighter blocks some programs to run thread may well be related to your problem.

I would try temporarily to rename the Drivers folder in main IMF directory untill an update is available, and see if BSOD happens again.

Cheers.

Hi houdini

Which version of IMF do you have please?

From where was it downloaded?

Cheers

solbjerg

I keep having crshes due to iobit malware protection program.

the crash report is as below:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022112-44171-01.dmp

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

• 1 year later...

Having intermitant driver failures as descirbed in this post

The original problem reported in this topic is over a year old and is for an earlier version of Malwarebytes than I have. I can't find a later reference to this problem but this topic seems to describe my problem correctly so I am posting here.

Please move this if this is the wrong place for it.

The product level I am running is this:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300

Build date: 04/04/13 10:50:30 AM

License ID: < Removed >

Downloaded from Malwarebytes site

I have been running Malwarebytes Anti-malware since 9/7/13. Since I

installed it I have been getting intermittent system failures.

Today I went to HP Support Chat and they had me install an application called "WhoCrashed" from Resplendence.com (www.resplendence.com/support).

Their diagnostic indicates that the failures are caused by your driver(s).

Here is their diagnostic commentary:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 11/09/13 10:33:46 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\110913-20841-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF8800183A86D)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800183A86D)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Network I/O Subsystem

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 11/09/13 10:33:46 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: urlfilter.sys (UrlFilter+0x1C44)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800183A86D)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\drivers\win7_amd64\UrlFilter.sys

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Google query: IObit.com DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Conclusion

End of Analysis

I started Malwarebytes and clicked on the "Update button" and the response I got back is this:

Current database information:

Date: 11/10/13 2:19:58 PM

Database version: v2013.11.10.06

Fingerprints loaded: 267257

There was no indication that there was any update to the program.

(I wanted to attach the complete diagnostic file from WhoCrashed. However, your attach process will not accept a Word file of type .docx which is the current Word file type.)

Can you help me please?

Thank You,

Denis Fleming

< Email address removed >

You should not post your email address on any forums, it allows harvesting bots to grab it and then spam you.

We do not give email support on the forum because the purpose of the forum is to share information with all members.

EDIT: compress the file as .zip or .rar and then attach. enoskype

my thoughts

Hi Dennis,

firstly if your user CP is correct your running 2 A/V's thats a NO NO.

remove 1 of them the choice is yours.

My suspicion is that in both your A/V's and antiSpywares

you have surfing protection enabled and i suspect they are fighting each other.

and the cause of your BSOD.

as i originally said running 2 a/v's is not a good idea i believe if you remove 1 of them then your BSOD prob will be resolved.

notes

ASCU6 is NOT IMF. are you using that as well.

Malwarebytes is an excellent programme and does the same as IMF : overkill causes problems to : choose 1

Roy

Hi dennislf,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

As you mentioned " Their diagnostic indicates that the failures are caused by your driver(s).", have you updated or downloaded any new drivers? Please describe it more clearly.

Besides, you can find and zip all the files under C:\windows\Minidump and post it here. Then warmhearted guys will help you analyze what caused the blue screen. :-D

Thanks for your help.

scrd01 and Cicely:

Thank you, I have done as you suggested and haven't had a failure since.

I read an occasional article from some one like Kim Komando at komando.com warning about new virus's and followed her suggestion to add 'additional' protection. I'm afraid I am not knowledgeable enough in all the complexities of these systems. Occasionally I step on my own toes.

I give thanks to people like you to rein me back to sanity.

Thank you again,

Dennis Fleming

Archived