IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is IObit Planning to Update IMF & Make it W8 Compatible?

I have already posted this several times but I will lay out the problems I know about one more time. SMH

1. Blocked and Analyzed is Zero for all three categories. Never seen it be otherwise on W8 either DP or CP

2. Log files don't work correctly with W8-DP or W8-CP. Different issue than the one on W7

3. I have never seen the The "pop up window" asking if I want to Allow or Block on W8-DP and W8-CP. I have however seen it on SAS and ASD (Anvisoft Smart Defender). I install a lot of non-mainstream software and on this category of software IMF used to give me the Allow or Block pop up all the time. Nothing since going to W8-DP or W8-CP It also used to give me the Allow or Block popup on software during install when the install initiated certain changes to the Windows Registry. I have not seen that either on W8-DP or W8-CP.

The only way I know the product is working at all is because Scans have found some stuff and I can upload files to the Cloud. By the way ASD's cloud scan is far superior. If it finds a questionable file during a cloud scan of your critical computer areas it will upload the file and check it right there. If it tests okay you can mark the file as safe.

IMF needs a lot of work to get it up to snuff for W8 and stay competitive.

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks so much for posting back.

We will look into the issue and will greatly improve IMF in future versions, also we will do our best to make IMF well compatible with Win 8.

Please don't hesitate to post any of your ideas or questions about our products in the future.

We really appreciate it.

Archived