IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why, IObit?

Why is it that the IMF tray icon keeps a caution sign stamped to it for eternity? We are aware that three of the realtime guards are disabled and that a Pro version exists. I can't think of a single freebie that acts like this.

...I am not liking what I see. :???:

lol You mad bro? Wooow, you are no better than a few of the Wilders guys. If I am going to be treated like that, then I might as well leave.

FYI I am not a MBAM fanboy, and I use it because it is an awesome removal tool. I do not bash Iobit for a stupid event that took place three years ago, but on improving their detection and removal. In fact, I was a just your average user during that time and when I did eventually learn about it I could care less. I treat IMF like any other security product that I trial and give my feedback on. Nothing wrong with this because improvement makes things better.

I hope you bite your tongue next time, Buddahfan...

lol You mad bro? Wooow, you are no better than a few of the Wilders guys. If I am going to be treated like that, then I might as well leave.

Perhaps you are the one who is mad or has an agenda bro?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Perhaps you are the one who is mad or has an agenda bro?

Nah man, I am as chill as ice. 8-) I was disappointed when I saw the comment but I laughed anyways. I jokingly used a phrase common amongst my peers.

I had a list of suggestions and comments I wanted to share, but never meant for it to get this far out of hand. Perhaps he took it as an offense, I don't know. (The title is "Why, Iobit" but the system still views it as "Seriously, Iobit" which was of course the original title. After posting it, I realized that the latter sounded rude so I changed the it.)

Hi,

Users will get the yellow exclamation mark on the system tray icon if some of the functions in Protection are off. That is to say, the free version will have the yellow exclamation mark on the tray icon of the program.

However, it is highly recommended to activate the Pro version of the program and get all the functions available and protect the computer in a comprehensive way. So the exclamation mark on the system tray icon is to kindly remind the users to get the computer fully protected. Thanks for your understanding.

Why is it that the IMF tray icon keeps a caution sign stamped to it for eternity? We are aware that three of the realtime guards are disabled and that a Pro version exists. I can't think of a single freebie that acts like this.

Hi WinDefend

I suppose you have understood the reason for the warning icon by now :-)

I remember that someone at one time ridiculed the the popup that was shown when hovering over the Windows start button - it said - Click here to start!

But I rather liked that my suspicions on what the start button indicated was confirmed :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I had a list of suggestions and comments I wanted to share, but never meant for it to get this far out of hand.

Don't Worry about it!

They are just a little Suspicious!

Since we do often get those with a Competitor's Agenda, on the forum.

FYI I am not a MBAM fanboy, and I use it because it is an awesome removal tool. I do not bash Iobit for a stupid event that took place three years ago, but on improving their detection and removal. In fact, I was a just your average user during that time and when I did eventually learn about it I could care less. I treat IMF like any other security product that I trial and give my feedback on. Nothing wrong with this because improvement makes things better.

Malwarebytes never found anything on my computers. Wait I forgot. It found some spyware about 3 years ago.

You be a Malwrebytes fanboy 4sure

Thanks for your analysis now you can go to the Malwarebytes forum. I am sure you know the URL:razz:

Hi All!

I had a list of suggestions and comments I wanted to share, but never meant for it to get this far out of hand. Perhaps he took it as an offense, I don't know. (The title is "Why, Iobit" but the system still views it as "Seriously, Iobit" which was of course the original title. After posting it, I realized that the latter sounded rude so I changed the it.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon guys, give peace a chance. :lol:

I am doing it by editing the thread title according to WinDefend's wish.

All the best and cheers. 8:)

p.s. I already have given my suggession about the systray of IMF in last October in this post. & this post.

Hey Buddahfan!

Thats my gig!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen: (Although I have a broken finger right now and can't do the hand thing now)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Sorry to hear about your broken finger. I won't ask where you put it that you should not have:lol:

Malwarebytes never found anything on my computers. Wait I forgot. It found some spyware about 3 years ago.

You be a Malwrebytes fanboy 4sure

Thanks for your analysis now you can go to the Malwarebytes forum. I am sure you know the URL:razz:

Okay? :roll:

Just stop the flamebaiting, it doesn't make things better for Iobit or the forum... :| Now go make peace with the aliens. :mrgreen:

Hi , When you see a triangle with an exclamationmark over the IMF's tray icon that means that some of your real time protection shields are not working properly.This often happens if you were using a pirated key and IObit banned it.If you didn't use a pirate key simply turn them on again so they will work properly. Regards :) 8:)

-StarPirate

EDIT: In Free edition, you can not turn on all the protection, so a triangle with an exclamationmark over the IMF's tray icon will stay there unless you upgrade it to PRO edition to turn those protection on.

• 3 weeks later...

I am ashamed....

The first bloke that posted was NOT out of line. He just asked a SIMPLE question....and got the bejesus whupped out of him by some LEADERS of this fine Forum. I am just appalled that some of us are so damned defensive! <Rant over> :oops:

-Cowboy

Hi dv8cowboy!

Thank you for that.:grin: Was I the leader at the whipping post?

Toppack was correct in his post near the middle of the thread.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Glad to see you posting instead of just watching!!:grin:

[EDIT] by Mel: For clarification on forum leaders... both active and inactive, you can see this thread.

The first bloke that posted was NOT out of line. He just asked a SIMPLE question....and got the bejesus whupped out of him by some LEADERS of this fine Forum. I am just appalled that some of us are so damned defensive! <Rant over> :oops:

-Cowboy

..yup. I saw nothing wrong, too, on that first post. He was just plainly asking a question, then some Buddahfan just got all defensive.

Archived