IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is 'pcvirusdoctor' threat? [YES, Malware!]

Hey everybody. Did a full scan with IMF today and the only threat it turned up was this registry key threat:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 1.5.0.2

Define Version: 1149

Time Elapsed: 00:33:57

Objects Scanned: 71938

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 7/18/2012 3:37:53 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

PcVirusDoctor, REG, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\iexplore, 2013346

Oddly, there seems to be little or no info on this threat to be found. Any input would be appreciated!

I found a website with that name, that I think is in Korea,

which had a log-in page, but I did not check-it-out any farther than that page,

since I could not translate it to English.

So I'm not sure what it is, but I doubt that you want it on your computer ? :???:

is it a threat

is it a threat Yes

not something you really want on your computer

however it looks like malware fighter only found leftover reg key

so I would not worry too much , pcvirusdoctor was most likely on you pc

at some stage , if the exe. or dll files were on the pc malware fighter would as have flaged them .

Rouge-ware pcvirusdoctor

http://i.imgur.com/GsX9h.png

https://www.virustotal.com/file/d5bc4a15e5c0acd9346331019dd97572543708e8047c50dd0581ae7c892479a1/analysis/

I found a website with that name, that I think is in Korea,

which had a log-in page, but I did not check-it-out any farther than that page,

since I could not translate it to English.

Yep, that is Korean all right. I could try translating? :-)

See the colors and leopard(?) head in the bottom-right? If I recall correctly, that marking was once associated with Rising. A rouge version of their product you could say. I think the rouge is outdated (not sure about newer variations) but I am curious how you got it when you are in the States...

I am curious how you got it when you are in the States...

If you are asking Me how I found the website,

I just did a Search for 'pcvirusdoctor', using Bing-Search,

and saw that the URL ended in .kr .

If you are asking Robkay how he got it in their computer's Registry, Sorry About That! :lol:

You might want to search your computer's registry and computer's files to see if there are any other PCVirusDoctor entries in the registry or files on it.

I would search the files first. You can use Windows search or some 3rd party search program. I prefer to use "Search Everything" for my files searches.

You can search the registry by opening it and searching it. However, you really need to be careful when you mess with the registry. If you are not comfortable manually modifying (deleting entries in this case) the registry then don't do it. Even if you do you should make a copy of it first before modifying it. Just in case.

Archived