IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I have MSE

guivon

Mse

Hi Guivon,

Dont have the full MSE suite just windows defender running real time with IMF,

I have not encountered any problems with it.

Many experts say it may cause problems due to conflicts ie

You open a new application and both antimalwares "fight" to check it.

I believe that if you have a good enough computer, plenty of memory 2gb+

then there will be no noticable disruption to your computer.

Roy

I used MSE for a short time on a W7 x64 computer with IMF Pro and ASC Pro. I did not notice any conflicts among the three.

MSE will not run on W8 because W8 Defender which comes with W8 is basically MSE reworked for W8. Therefore the non-reworked edition of MSE which is called MSE will not run on W8 since it had to be reworked to run on W8.

Also, as I mentioned in a way in another thread, when UAC is disabled in Windows 8, it is more secure than Windows 7.

BTW, if you install ASCU, it automatically disables Windows Defender in Windows 8. {So the action Center asks for an anti spyware software to be installed. Then, IMF is the answer. (I couldn't enable Windows Defender's such function.).}

Cheers.

BTW, if you install ASCU, it automatically disables Windows Defender in Windows 8.

Cheers.

The same is true with avast! AIS 7 at least it was in W8-RP. I imagine it will be the same in W8-RTM:-)

As I recall I did have both avast! AIS 7 and ASC w AV running together in W8-RP so I imagine avast! AIS 7 and ASCU will run together in W8-RTM with WD for W8 disabled.

Though the avast! AIS 7 and Windows 7 and W8-RP firewalls seem to work together nicely. I did a few double checks and at least according to avast! AIS 7 its firewall was/is active and working as was the W8-RP firewall when I had W8-RP installed and as is the W7 SP1 firewall now. According to the experts on the avast! forum avast! AIS 7 was designed in conjuction with Microsoft to allow for both firewalls to be enabled at the same time.

I've read that AVG-2013 is fully compatible with W-8,

so I assume that includes firewall and with Defender, also.

(but Not the AVG-2012 version)

If for some reason I can't run Dual Security programs in W-8,

I Won't be using W-8.

1. We know avast! AIS 7 and ASC w AV work together on W8-RP.

2. We know that avast! AIS 7 and ASCU Beta 1 work together on W7-SP1.

Therefore it is logical that avast! AIS 7 and ASCU will work together on W8-RTM.

I guess the question is which two security (AV) programs are we talking about in addition to ASCU; AVG, Biddefender, Kaspersky, Avira, McAfee, Norton etc?

Also, as I mentioned in a way in another thread, when UAC is disabled in Windows 8, it is more secure than Windows 7.

BTW, if you install ASCU, it automatically disables Windows Defender in Windows 8. {So the action Center asks for an anti spyware software to be installed. Then, IMF is the answer. (I couldn't enable Windows Defender's such function.).}

Cheers.

Its disturbing that I had to disable UAC in order to uninstall ASCU... some of my permissions were changed. I am considering reinstalling some Iobit softwares. Maybe Vista has yet to be addressed within ASCU?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived