IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

download database corrupted

nanjb66

Hi nanjb

I do not have the problem, but the db definition files view looks a little strange I think.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10680&stc=1&d=1351615149

But I suppose it reflects how often I have checked the updates myself manually.

A clean install may be a good idea.

Cheers

solbjerg

Trying to do an update for Malware Fighter v1.6

Database : core000.def

Internet connection is ok. Error : download database corrupted.

What to do? Uninstall Malware Fighter and reinstall?

Thanks

Hi all,

After investigating, we find our servers are also a little affected by the hurricane Sandy. But we confirm our severs are up and running and have been in a normal state.

If users who still encounter this download problem, please post your location here so that we can look into it.

Hi Cicely,

I confirm that there is still at this time a problem downloading the latest datbase version which is supposed to be 1182.

The message is:

" Error Reason : Download database corrupted "

Database Name : core000.def

Afore mentioned corrupted core000.def file is downloaded @ C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\update\db

NOTE : Checking Internet connection reveals no problem with connection. Retrying doesn't change the situation.

Cheers.

same problems

Hi all,

If I recall it correctly, I have never been able to update the definitions so far. :-(

Uninstalling/Reinstalling this program several times over the last couple of months did not make any difference, moving to the (paid) Pro version did not help either.

Trying to update via IObit Updater currently shows the following files: Available updates / Database name core000.def, core003.def, core004.def, core005.def, core006.def, core011.def, core012.def

Trying to download any of these files yields a window titled Update Error. Error reason: Download database corrupted.

Update:

I did download the most recent file mentioned in the thread IObit Malware Fighter latest OFFLINE DATABASE.

Guess what: That did not make an difference whatsoever. :evil:

Despite all my efforts, it looks like I'm still running Definitions Version 1024 (2011-05-06) and that I could have spent my money wiser.

I think, it is not the same problem erge!!!

Hi erge, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Please download all 3 attached .rar files to a common folder in your PC and extract db.part1.rar only to the db folder below:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\db

Only extracting db.part1.rar will cause all to be extracted to db folder.

Please use WinRAR program to do that.

Your Definitions should become Version: 1181 (2012-11-06) with Fingerprint: 440698.

There seems to be a problem with the IMF servers after the hurricane Sandy.

Personally, I can't download only recent Definisions version 1182 at the moment. (Not a problem of a specific PC/Laptop.)

Untill you solve your problem, after finishing the above procedure, if you download the latest attachments from the last post (normally posted twice every week) of IObit Malware Fighter latest OFFLINE DATABASE thread, your definitions will be the current.

Is your Auto Update turned on (as recommended) in the Settings of IMF?

Are you using normal (static or dynamic) IP from an ISP or are you using Proxy?

BTW, did you use the Clean Install method when uninstalling and re-installing?

You can find the link to the most recent setup file in IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.6 is available! (Updated 1106) thread.

Cheers.

Hi all,

After investigating, we find our servers are also a little affected by the hurricane Sandy. But we confirm our severs are up and running and have been in a normal state.

If users who still encounter this download problem, please post your location here so that we can look into it.

Hi Cicely,

I still have the problem. Location is Hungary.

Downloaded offline database, noted as corrupted and 3 .rar files--they are okay. Database is shown as of 1181 12-11-06, but still popping up Available Updates and still getting error message Download database is corrupted.

Archived