IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possible Bug Found in Malware Fighter

BlackBox

Hello everyone! I keep on noticing this bug in malware fighter and I would like to describe it. Every time I start up my computer malware fighter always displays a message saying that my removable disk is safe, but the problem is that I didn't even insert a removable disk. I don't know if that's a bug or it's supposed to do that, but I would like to point that out.

Hi BlackBox

Please try removing the tick in the relevant box

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10714&stc=1&d=1351967296

p.s. Are you sure you do not have some media in the machine: usb stick - floppy disk - cd or the like?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello everyone! I keep on noticing this bug in malware fighter and I would like to describe it. Every time I start up my computer malware fighter always displays a message saying that my removable disk is safe, but the problem is that I didn't even insert a removable disk. I don't know if that's a bug or it's supposed to do that, but I would like to point that out.

Hi BlackBox

p.s. Are you sure you do not have some media in the machine: usb stick - floppy disk - cd or the like?

Cheers

solbjerg

Not a criticism but just an observation. You specfically mentioned "CD" but did not specifically mention "DVD". From that my Sherlock Holmes like mind :lol: deduces that you personally use a lot more "CDs" than you do "DVDs":smile:

Edit: if subjected to Sherlock Holmes deduction - I would expect the characteristic to read something like - an elderly male, possibly slightly overweight due to laziness, How is that Doctor Watson says - my dear fellow he is talking about Compact Discs which were introduced years ago making floppy discs somewhat obsolete - furthermore the short form CD is quicker and easier to write than than DVD and especially blueray or usb-sticks which suggests that he chose the form easiest to write, which in turn suggests that he could be lazy.

Furthermore my dear fellow this fellow is Danish and 68 years old. How is that Watson responded, - well it is all noted in his CP information. Sherlock answered with a thin smile. :-)

C'mon Buddahfan, we don't say BlueRay driver, do we?

Even the tool System Control of ASC at:

System Settings => Driver => Autoplay => Media Change Monitoring

talks only about CDs even DVDs and BluRay disks are included.

Only mentioning it when the Auto play is concerned. :mrgreen:

CD was a much bigger step in media than DVD step on CD.

Now BlueRay is even a smaller step than DVD.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype I made a small Sherlock explanation in the previous post :-)

Like tapes.

There was reel-reel tape recording/playback tapes, then 8-track recording/playback tapes, then cassette recording/playback tapes, then VCR recording /playback tapes... but they are all referred to as 'Tapes' (all that took 30 years to do with tapes). Even though they were different formats, they relied on the same basic physical structure.:mrgreen:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

There was reel-reel tape recording/playback tapes, then 8-track recording/playback tapes, then cassette recording/playback tapes, then VCR recording /playback tapes... but they are all referred to as 'Tapes' (all that took 30 years to do with tapes). Even though they were different formats, they relied on the same basic physical structure.:mrgreen:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

You've got the spirit.

Okay here is today's Microsoft trivia question.

Name the first Microsoft OS to be sold and shipped on

1. Cassette

2. Floppy

3. CD

4. DVD

Hi BlackBox

Cheers

solbjerg

I did do that and yes the notification box doesn't pop up. I'm sure that I had no media. After all, I did start up my computer and there was nothing in it and that same box appeared.

Hi BlackBox,

We need more information to look into this issue.

1. Please double click Computer icon on your desktop -> make a screenshot of that window -> send us for further check.

2. Load IMF -> go to Scan module -> click Scan button behind Custom Scan -> make a screenshot of that window -> send us for further check.

Guide for taking screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

3. Please confirm with us that you do not connect any phone or printer to your computer.

Thanks.

I have seen this pop-up once in a while after a reboot though not all the time. Yes I do have removable media including USB HDD's attached.

However since the pop-up only occurs once in a while and I can just click the "x" on it to make it go away its no biggie.

Due to the fact the pop-up only shows up once in a while and not on every reboot and I do not remove my media or external USB devices I have just chalked it up to either.

1. A timing conflict during the boot process resulting from some latency thing that only occurs once in a while during the boot process depending on what W7 or some program I have running at startup is doing during the boot.

2. Windows 7 which is known to do funky things such as this, removing your shared network network locations for no apparent reason and then restoring them for no apparent reason, periodically removing notification icons and resetting them to hide, etc, etc.

I know these actions are not from optimization software because I run the same cleanup utilities using the same routine nightly without ever changing the settings in them.

Archived