IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What do the cloud stats mean?

neutrino

Hi Neutrino

As I understand it, the files that are classified as suspicious, but are not defined in the av database are sent in a request to the Scan Cloud for confirmation if these files are indeed malicious. The Scan Cloud is a cluster of multiple computers, residing on the Internet. The Scan Cloud will respond to this request with the answer:

Safe

Malicious

Unknown

When the file is unknown, it is uploaded to the Scan Cloud where the file is scanned using the anti virus programs of 5 different vendors. Each of these anti virus programs analyzes the file and responds with "safe" or "malicious"

As for not being able to identify the files which are being uploaded, I think may be something that Iobit could be asked to look at.

"As for not being able to identify the files which are being uploaded, I think may be something that Iobit could be asked to look at."

It would be great if somehow that information could be included.

A full scan of my computer shows no threats yet the daily cloud stats show threat files being found. I'm curious if my "threat files" are the same files being found anew each day or are different. And in any case where they are coming from, and what happens to them after they are identified as threats.

It seems most curious that my computer scans as clean yet threat files are being reported to the cloud each day. It would be VERY helpful to see what is going on.

Just a minute guys,

The threats that you see do not belong to you or to your PC.

They are the threats from all over the world, mine, yours, someoneelses, IObit's own, etc.

The database in the cloud (servers) is shown to you, to me, to everybody who runs IMF.

The #s are increasing by time, as they are gethered from all over the World.

Please have a look to attachment for example showing the threats as of now.

Cheers.

Just a minute guys,

The threats that you see do not belong to you or to your PC.

They are the threats from all over the world, mine, yours, someoneelses, IObit's own, etc.

The database in the cloud (servers) is shown to you, to me, to everybody who runs IMF.

The #s are increasing by time, as they are gethered from all over the World.

Please have a look to attachment for example showing the threats as of now.

Cheers.

When you look at the numbers in the image I think the numbers safe and threats only relate to those files submitted to the Cloud using IMF. The reason I say this is just the threats number alone is way way way too low to be total worldwide threats.

Having said that I think the statistics would be more helpful if they were date specific; eg "last 12 months" and the GUI indicated that time period.

When you look at the numbers in the image I think the numbers safe and threats only relate to those files submitted to the Cloud using IMF. The reason I say this is just the threats number alone is way way way too low to be total worldwide threats..

That's correct, sorry if my post is not understood as this.

Having said that I think the statistics would be more helpful if they were date specific; eg "last 12 months" and the GUI indicated that time period.

Part of the information is given on the server when you click on Details on the GUI in Cloud section.

It shows the last fifteen days data.

I agree that the page could be more verbose as your suggestion, but not necessarily all should be shown on the GUI, as it means much more bandwith usage.

Cheers.

Enoskype:

Thanks. Never noticed that.

It looks like a rolling 15 day graph. Summary number should then change every day? I will make a note here of the numbers and check tomorrow to see if the summary numbers have changed

Numbers on website

S = 121,726

T = 3,496

Numbers on GUI

S = 121,717

T = 3,496

I exited IMF and restarted. The Safe number on the GUI updated to 121,726.

Curiosity Questions that probably no one else is curious about:lol::

1. Do you have to exit the program for the numbers on the GUI to update?

2. Does the twice a week definitions update, also update the Cloud numbers in the GUI?

3. Will submitting a file to the Cloud for review update the numbers on the GUI?

4. Are the number on the GUI updated when you click update even if there is no defintitions update?

5. Do the numbers on the GUI auto update every 24 hours or thereabouts?

6. Will a scan update the numbers on the GUI?

Archived