IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

is Auto Scan running in background or just when idle ?

scanreg

IMF Pro

if you have Auto Scan set to run when system is idle:

1. does that mean that no background checking is being run? i thought there was a kind of daemon that ran all the time anyway

2. if i disable Auto Scan, then is the daemon stopped too?

thanks

My experience is that Auto Scan performs a Scan, I belive a "Smart Scan" when your system has been idle for certain period of time.

If you have all the Real-Time features turned on IMF will scan files and processes and websites as they become active.

One is not related to the other. The two features are different and compliment one another. The Auto Scan is more like an on demand scan that runs automatically when your system has been idle for period of time and scans for Malware whether a file is active or not.

That is my exprience and understanding.

Hi scanreg,

Buddahfan's explanation is very good!

Real-time protection is not a full scan of the PC but scan of a file or process, but on the other hand Auto Scan is Smart Scan of PC at certain predefined conditions such as passed time or/and CPU activity.

Cheers.

Archived