IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What does file guard actually do?

Ibrad

Hi,

I am just doing some personal testing on Iobit Malware Fighter free and I am unable to figure out what "File Guard" actually does. I mean I know process protection is not in free which would detect malware when I launch something but what does file guard do? I downloaded EICAR test file and it was only detected on an on-demand scan so its not scanning downloads. I am just slightly confused.

Thanks in advance

File Guard: This feature helps you detect threats when you operate unknown files.

How is an unknown file determined? I mean I have been playing with EICAR and nothing has set it off.

Running Firefox 19.0 b3 with various security extensions along with Bitdefender Windows 8 Security. I could not download the EICAR file. I don't know which of the two is blocking the EICAR file from downloading but that works for me.:smile:

P.S. I also use ASC Pro, IMF Pro and SAS Pro but my guess is that none of those is blocking the file.

Tested that theory today. I launched EICAR from Internet Explorer and Firefox and no notification. I copied the EICAR test file around to see if that set it off still nothing. I just want to make sure it is working but I cant seem to find a way to make sure. I know the registry guard is working great but no luck on the Network Filter or File Guard.

Well this keeps getting stranger and stranger. I changed to EICAR.exe and nothing. So then I downloaded SpyCar to test the browser protection and it failed every test (even though it was detected on-demand). I uninstalled then reinstalled and still it failed everything. I dont know what to make. I wish I had a trail pro-key to see if it changes anything

Hi Ibrad,

Please test with EICAR.exe to check whether you can see the security popup.

Besides, you can also test when you set the Protect Level in high level.

Let us know your test results.

Thank you.

If you are using Bitdender Windows 8 Security you can't run the EICAR test because BD W8 Security won't let you download any of them:-) I know I tried to download EICAR. Just saying

Hate to drag topic back to what it use to be but does anyone have any other ideas about IMF? Is their any chance ofa 3/6 day trail key that can be used just to see if its because its the free version? Any chance the browser guard will soon fully block SpyCar hanges?

Archived