IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Rogue Registry Cleaner: Registry Easy

Tim Xue

Some users told me that they are using Registry Easy, and our IS360 detected it as rogueware. Some of them have different opinion of it, let me tell you why we think it's rogueware.

First, Registry Easy is the clone of known rogueware "Registry Great", please check the following page:

http://www.411-spyware.com/remove-registry-great-v5-0

http://www.spywaredetector.net/spyware_encyclopedia/Fake%20Anti%20Spyware.Registry%20Great.htm

http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-6838en.html

And there is a page that tell us how to remove Regstry Easy:

http://www.scanspyware.net/info/RegistryEasy.htm

http://www.spywaredetector.net/spyware_encyclopedia/images/RegistryGreat.gif

http://www.registryeasy.com/images/SHOTS/shots_scan_finish.gif

So, we can confirm that Registry Great is a fake registry cleaner, it gives misleading result to goad user to purchase it. Full of the fake error and alarm, it's a rogueware.

From the screenshot and the file MD5 result, you can see that Registry Easy is just Registry Great! And these 2 products are made by the same author. They changed the name and the image, they are cloned products!

This is the proof why we think Registry Easy is Rogueware.

The program reports false or exaggerated errors on the computer. The user is then prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the threats that are fake.

You will find there are a series of those rogueware cheat user, they have a lot of cloned product with different name, different webiste, but they are the same one. We will continue fighting with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I used Registry easy since version 3. I have avast pro as antivirus scanner, then I used spyware terminator followed by superantispyware then stopzilla and now zerospyware. None of them detected registry easy as a threat and today iobit 360 deleted the file. I wonder if its not a bug. Registry easy is fully registered on my pc with a genuine licence and updates. Its true that some softs are in the market with different names but this doesnt mean that its a threat.

It will not damage your computer but those rogueware goad user to purchase the full version in the form of fake alarm. Then user is prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the threats.

Please check Norton security center here: http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2009-041715-3450-99&tabid=2

We detected that the author is the same one but with different product name and website. They alway make rogueware.

They always tell you that there are thousands of error and threats. Yes I know that there are some empty registry key and invalid items, but they will NOT effect your system. But those rogueware told you that there are many risks and this will do harm to your computer, that's why Symantec named them as Misleading Software.

I remembered that Uniblue release a new product that is designed to defrag harddisk. They don't use the word "Defrag Disk" but "Rescue Disk". We know that there are always many defragments of our harddisk and it's not a serious problem. But Uniblue mislead users and tell them that this is not "Disk defrag" but "Disk Rescue". Then some users who is not familiar with computer knowledge will purchase it. That's what rogueware and misleading software does.

Now malicious rouges, are much worse. Those that install malware without your knowledge, those are the ones that are impossible to get out. We should start a new club, something with an awesome name that stands against rouges.

But anyways, most of those rouges are vundo, constantly updating...so watch out.

Hi vman,

Just cleaned one of those up (Vundo). Boy! 990 infected files,over 67,000 junk files, an antivirus hijacker, and fake windows popups for registry errors making the system "unstable" so click "here" to "fix " (or take you to a website to download more crap!). More fun than I've had all week.

samr

Now malicious rouges, are much worse. Those that install malware without your knowledge, those are the ones that are impossible to get out. We should start a new club, something with an awesome name that stands against rouges.

But anyways, most of those rouges are vundo, constantly updating...so watch out.

Many 'clubs' like that already :-D

Disk rescue and disk defrag can have two different utility. But Disk rescue can have also an option like disk defrag whereas disk defrag have already its function and this is to defrag only. Uniblue should be careful in nominating its softs. Now registry easy apparently clean more than other tried registry cleaner such as tune up utilities. I compared them and Registry easy finds more registry empty keys than Tune up utilities and registry first aid platinum. Registry easy stops finding empty keys after three cycle of cleaning. Whereas Tune up utilities and registry first aid platinum stops finding empty keys after 2 cycles.

Regitry easy softmaker should pronounce regarding attacks that have this soft.

there are so many rogue registry and other software out there do not be tempted unless its from a trusted site like majorgeeks or filehippo.

or recommended on a good forum by "regular helpers" on a forum like this one.

beware of members posting you do recognize as regulars as they may be spammers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How can you guys list a program as an unwanted application if a user voluntarily downloads, installs it and even registers (buys) it. Doesn't that in fact make it a "wanted" program?

Are you able to prove that these programs give false and misleading information?

How can you guys list a program as an unwanted application if a user voluntarily downloads, installs it and even registers (buys) it. Doesn't that in fact make it a "wanted" program?

It makes it an untrustworthy program when they use exaggerated claims like that it can "repair" Windows/registry corruption. The only thing that can do that is a Windows install CD.

When tested on a fresh install of Windows it makes the lists by reporting "issues" that obviously aren't there.

False claims = Untrustworthy.

why people need these programs.

Hi:

Registry fixing programs are dangerous. I do not mean the rogues but the legits as well. Because they messing with registry can messup and screw your pc and should never be done. Over the years I have tested many and all with the exception of one (I have been using it for years for myself and my friends pcs) have crashed my pc to the point of needing format and reinstalling. Only norton system works was safe and I use it everyday and been using it for many years and its registry cleaning is the best and no system harm or crash ever.

So either do not touch the registry or use norton systemwork to clean the registry errors.

Well, we can debate the merits of registry cleaners all day long. My basic question is what gives IO Bit the right to call software that people have voluntarily downloaded and installed and even paid for, "unwanted". What about the people who have purchased software like Registry Easy and are happy with it?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

(finally i can make a message xD)

unlocker works perfectly to remove viruses.. you can literally grab virus invfected (and of virus source) files.

fredriech nich collumb

angelfire

speed load beta 3

and unlocker.

im in secondlife gunmaker (gunmaker resident or just gunmaker)

• 2 years later...

Why use any other Registry Cleaner than the one provided by IObit through ASC Ultimate? Also, one shouldn't be "cleaning their registry every day". That's a ticket to the BSOD (blue screen). Your Registry should be scanned once a week using a reliable scanner, specifically the one found in ASC offered by IOBit. Daily scans and free offers that report massive errors and then try to up sell the user are SCAMS

Archived