IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

File Protection Tool Beta

Tim Xue

Vey nice and useful tool Tim, thank you.:grin:

Here is couple of suggestions and concerns.

-When the tool is opened, the protected file should not be seen on the main GUI, as we should not want anybody to see which file is protected(hidden).

A second click should open the GUI, where the files and the paths are seen.

-Whenever I close the tool from (X), and start again, the following message shows, and I have to restart the PC to see and run the tool again. This is for XP sp3, but it is working OK for Vista & Windows7.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1991&d=1255101077

-Whenever I close the tool from (X), and start again, the following message shows, and I have to restart the PC to see and run the tool again.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1991&d=1255101077

Same problem here, reported it to IObit.

Cheers

Awesome, I love this soon =)

Can't wait for it to be implement into IS360

btw, I don't get that message when closing it from (X) in both Win7 and WinXP

This will be added into IS360 V2, we are preparing it now. We will start to develop IS360 v2 in a few weeks. There are many improvements.

Does that mean you guys will be starting IS360 v2 after a few weeks, or IS360 will be ready in a few weeks? @@

And IS360 will jump from 1.1 to 2.0? (No more other release like 1.2?) so fast~~

EDIT: Suggestions,

- Like enoskype said, protected Files/Folders and the Path should not be seen on the main GUI

- File Protection Tool should also have the ability to AutoLock after w/e amount of time. (In-case the user forgets to close the program or something like that)

Cheers.

Hi

i unistalled it on vista ultimate, then couple of hours later I uninstalled it using revouninstaler, after thet the ununstal was completing I had a blue screen and was rebooted to the screen where I can choose go to safe mode or start windows normally, Is this a bug?

Hi ha

Do you mean you uninstalled it "normally" first? Then installed it again and used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it this time?

Did you then use the advanced complete option too?

And did you there choose the highlighted items for deletion?

If you have made a mistake there it may have caused a necessary file to be deleted too.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

i unistalled it on vista ultimate, then couple of hours later I uninstalled it using revouninstaler, after thet the ununstal was completing I had a blue screen and was rebooted to the screen where I can choose go to safe mode or start windows normally, Is this a bug?

Hi solbjerg

It was my first instal and uninstal. So First I downloaded then installed and choosed a password, then couple of hours later I uninstaled it using revouninstaller so then you know the scenario as the blue screen and reboot. I didnt added any files to protected it, just was to check the interface and to have a first opinion.

Also Is there any web page where the download link is indicated cleanly.

Hi ha14,

The download link in the first post is perfectly clear enough, as it is the IObit server, Beta softwares download section.

Think that the web page is this page, and the link is the download button below.

.......................File Protection Tool Beta

............................. http://www.iobit.com/Images/Contents_Right_Solutions_Button_2.gif

How about that?

Cheers. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi l33gibbs,

You can double click unins000.exe file in C:\Program Files\IObit\File Protection folder to uninstall it.

What do you mean by turning it off?

If you have not put anything in the program's vault, then it is turned off for every and each one of the all files.

Also, even after you try to open the program, if you do not enter the password, the program is not turned on.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Haha sorry, didn't really know how to explain it completely.

I'll restart.

So... In Window XP

First, I would make a folder Hidden.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2310&stc=1&d=1257110703

Then use File Protection to protect the hidden folder. (Now people can't see the folder anymore unless they have the pw)

But then, When I open open Folder Options and in the Hidden files and folder section and select Don't show hidden files, folders, and drivers > Apply (Now All hidden folders are hidden)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2311&stc=1&d=1257110803

Then I select Show Hidden files, folders, and drives > Apply. (Now I would be able to see the Hidden folder I previously protected with File Protection.)

Does that make sense?~

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Magic, it is clear now, that was what I understood, but that's why I was confused.

If it worked as you described, anybody could see/find the files/folders which is protected/hidden by File Protection Tool just changing the option of hiden files in Folder Options from hide to show.

My understanding of file protection/hide function of File Protection Tool is to hide/protect the chosen files/folders even the option in Folder Options is changed to show the hiden files.

Otherwise what would be the use of File/folder hiding/protecting of FPT? :?::!:

Cheers. :-)

Hello enoskype,

My problem is that I have a hidden folder protected by FPT, but when the option in Folder Options is changed to show the hiden files, everyone is able to see the file that is protected by FPT (so now it's no longer "protected")

Doing the exact same thing in Windows 7 does not reveal the hidden folder. That's is why I think it's a bug in Windows XP

EDIT:

My understanding of file protection/hide function of File Protection Tool is to hide/protect the chosen files/folders even the option in Folder Options is changed to show the hiden files.

That is the exact problem =P

File Protection Tool no longer hide/protect the chosen files/folders when the option in Folder Options is changed to show the hiden files.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newbie in this forum, so i would like to make a new member and contribute my ideas and improve my knowledge from the others.I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.Gee! this thread will attract many people to give more info.