IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Updates not working?

codylucas16

I just installed IOBit Security 360 and it is telling me the last time I updated was "40 days ago" however, when I try to update it, it tells me no updates are available. I know this can't be possible because when I scanned it with my archive of malware it missed over 600 files, but my friend who uses IOBit scanned it a couple of weeks ago and it missed 194 files. Is there something wrong with my install, or what?

I'm using windows 7 x86, by the way.

Hi codylucas16,

Which is the version of IS360 you installed? And, which Definition version it shows?

Cheers.

I'm using version 1.2 (Pro).

I'm not sure exactly how to check the definition version, but the addition.def file shows version: 1273

Thanks for the prompt response, by the way.

well i got it to update by removing both .def files, it updated the database and had a critical patch or something.

the scanner is missing over 600 malware still. does this program just have a really bad detection rate?

I read somewhere that a test was done of 1.2 vs 1.1 and the detection rate dropped drastically. From something like 75% to 25%. I do not know if this has anything to do with the MalwareBytes issue or just a definition problem with the new version.

I read somewhere that a test was done of 1.2 vs 1.1 and the detection rate dropped drastically. From something like 75% to 25%. I do not know if this has anything to do with the MalwareBytes issue or just a definition problem with the new version.

It appears this is correct. I just scanned my archive of malware with IObit 1.2 (all together there are 1059 viruses) and it left 661. I uninstalled it and installed IOBit 1.1 and scanned the archive and it left 180 infections.

What's going on with this? A bug, or is it because of malwarebytes? seriously, their product is terrible anyway. who cares about them?

Hi codylucas

Your numbers seems to indicate a drop from 83% to 37.6% in the detection rate.

How many of your malware are real viruses?

A lot of malware were gathered by users - and if they just added them without checking them and renaming them, they may have decided to remove all those gathered by users, - especially in the current climate.

If this is so it will probably take some time to put them back properly.

Cheers

solbjerg

It appears this is correct. I just scanned my archive of malware with IObit 1.2 (all together there are 1059 viruses) and it left 661. I uninstalled it and installed IOBit 1.1 and scanned the archive and it left 180 infections.

What's going on with this? A bug, or is it because of malwarebytes? seriously, their product is terrible anyway. who cares about them?

Hi codylucas

Your numbers seems to indicate a drop from 83% to 37.6% in the detection rate.

How many of your malware are real viruses?

A lot of malware were gathered by users - and if they just added them without checking them and renaming them, they may have decided to remove all those gathered by users, - especially in the current climate.

If this is so it will probably take some time to put them back properly.

Cheers

solbjerg

All of the malware i tested it on was mixed, backdoors, trojans, worms, etc, over a thousand.

I can submit all the missed malware if need be, it is about 10mb compressed worth of malware

Ok codylucas

Please contact Tim Xue regarding the malware submission.

Take a look in the thread dealing with this issue, I think Tim left a link there to the upload location..

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3523

Cheers

solbjerg

All of the malware i tested it on was mixed, backdoors, trojans, worms, etc, over a thousand.

I can submit all the missed malware if need be, it is about 10mb compressed worth of malware

Archived