IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

The Spyware Program Windows Daily Adviser.

So today I have turned off Microsoft Essentials after receiving an email from Gordon with the Rogue Spy-ware Windows Daily Adviser, on running Essentials I wanted to find out if my system was completely clean. No it wasn't soon as I shut down Essentials I then ran Advanced SystemCare

with Anti-Virus, Advanced Beat Essentials to the post running nearly twice as fast and also picking up, a file called Gen: Variant. Zusy. 5898.

I would certainly recommend using Advanced SystemCare with Anti-Virus.

Windows Daily Adviser is a rogue anti-spyware program from the Rogue.FakeVimes family. This program is classified as a rogue as it displays false information in order to trick you into purchasing the program. This particular variant is spread via two methods. The first method is the use of hacked web sites that exploit visitor's vulnerable programs in order to install the rogue without their permission. The second method uses web sites that display fake online anti-malware scanners that pretend to scan your computer, state that it is infected, and then prompt you to download and install Windows Daily Adviser in order to clean it.

Once the rogue is installed on your computer it will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. Once started it will perform a fake scan and then state that there are numerous infections present. If you attempt to use the program to remove these infections, though, it will state that you first need to purchase it before it can do so. This is a scam as the scan results are all fake, and in many cases, the infected files do not even exist on your computer. Therefore, please ignore the scan results and do not purchase the program. If infected with this Rogue You will need to fix windows missing files You can use Rkill to do this. Before doing this please go to internet settings and turn off or uncheck proxy settings that have been hijacked.

Once it is downloaded, double-click on the iExplore.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Windows Daily Adviser and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that RKill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Windows Daily Adviser when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close RKill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run RKill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that RKill can terminate Windows Daily Adviser . So, please try running RKill until the malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of the guide. Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again. Run SystemCare again and scan just to be on the safe side. RKill Download Link. If the link does not work Google it.

good luck.

Archived