IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

MY eMAIL IS SENDING SPAM???

OldDog

Do you know if your computer is infected with a 'Botnet' virus?

Which Security programs are you using?

I guess you are saying that your Security software is not finding and cleaning a virus, correct?

If so, you need to get one that Does?

You may be able to get the IP-address and email-address, of where the Spam is coming from,

by looking in the Header of the messages,

and Block all messages from that IP and email-address.

But if the sender is constantly changing the IP and address, that won't work.

This is the first virus I have ever had, if it is a virus.

I do not know what a Botnet virus is.

IObit found what it was and removed it two weeks ago but the spam emails keep going out.

Ho do I find out what it was that IObit removed?

OldDog and Toppack

This could be as simple as an email harvester, that grabbed your email address when you opened a forwarded email from a friend or family member. The first thing I would do is reset the password for my email account and give it a day or two and see what transpires. My brother and couple of friends had this occur and the password reset solved the problem.

A.T.

Hi OldDog! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

I see that in your user profile you are using MSE antivirus. Have you recently updated and run a full system scan?

Atailor could be right. I can't see inside your machine at all on your post.

If you wish for us to see inside your machine what is going on... here is a start:

Please download and run TFC by OldTimer to remove superfluous files. You will be asked to restart your computer. (please note that you will lose saved passwords and auto-fill). After reboot also download and run Ccleaner (don't check or "tick" any of the advanced functions).

Then run DDS here. Then post back with both of the DDS logs(they are most important). After you do this your thread may or may not be moved to the spyware/malware removal section.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi OldDog,

Please download and install WinRAR.

Right click on the file you want to zip and choose "Add to archive..." from the right clicl menu.

Archive name and parameters window will be opened, make sure that radio button is on zip instead of rar, click OK button, a zip file with the same name will be created at the same foler where the file you wanted to be zipped is.

Cheers

How can I stop my email from sending spam?

Does IObit produce something to stop it?

Does someone else provide a means to stop my computer from spamming?

Thanks

My email is sending spam too, But.....

It only goes to contacts which are registered with Yahoo in my contact list; it does not go to any addresses which are stored on my PC. So I guess my PC is OK!

I have now modified all but one contact address at Yahoo to add a dummy, but valid, character which I then have to remove before sending. The one contact is my own address (non-Yahoo) so I know when this is happening!

HTH

Roger

Archived