IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows firewall issue

This thread is concerning the absence of Windows Firewall on a severely compromised machine and this discussion stems from a couple of PM's between the member cmjf0013 and myself, so that all the forum members may assist.

In response to your PM concerning firewalls... please see this. (you can't send screenshots via PM).

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10661&d=1351445668

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

In response to your PM concerning firewalls... please see this. (you can't send screenshots via PM).

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10661&d=1351445668

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

yea, I don't have that, THATS how he hacked me, I dont have that.

OK, so I'm editing this on my computer now, I just logged back in, See, everything thats weird about this computer that I can't seem to find on youtube, dxdiag pulls up a sound error, but all seems good, my mouse clicks twice, no matter what, I click and as I let off the button, it clicks again, I can't even play games anymore -.- and I can't edit the settings, and then the firewall being gone, and nothing pulls up when I check it out.

Back on task though, you want me to post a sceen shot of my current task manager?

yea, I don't have that, THATS how he hacked me, I dont have that.

OK, so I'm editing this on my computer now, I just logged back in, See, everything thats weird about this computer that I can't seem to find on youtube, dxdiag pulls up a sound error, but all seems good, my mouse clicks twice, no matter what, I click and as I let off the button, it clicks again, I can't even play games anymore -.- and I can't edit the settings, and then the firewall being gone, and nothing pulls up when I check it out.

Back on task though, you want me to post a sceen shot of my current task manager?

So you have opened your task manager and thoroughly checked through all the services for the Win Firewall.

Install the Free Comodo Firewall that I sent you a link to and spend some time learning how to use it as I advised in the PM. I am moving these posts to a new thread I will title Windows firewall issue.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

So you have opened your task manager and thoroughly checked through all the services for the Win Firewall.

Install the Free Comodo Firewall and spend some time learning how to use it as I advised in the PM. I am moving these posts to a new thread I will title Windows firewall issue.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

ok, II'll search it up and download itt, Thanks, and sorry btw, I figured it was an easy fix </3

avg warnings

OK, so I just tried, and I'm not exagerating, SIX links, each and every one of them caused my avg to go crazy, on one link, I had 27 new tabs pop up before I forced my pc off, um, would I find a link to it on this forum if I searched it? btw, the 27 new tabs, that was NOT lying, it scared the crap out of me, I coudn't force close ie

Here is the Free Comodo Firewall. Press either of the two green download buttons on the page.

Note: To all members, reviewing this thread... CJ does not have the system recovery disk and his SystemFileChecker cache is not complete, nor does he have restore points old enough to undo the damage he incurred when his machine was seized and remotely controlled.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

wait, you provided it once?

there must be something wrong with me, eh, blame me being an idiot farm boy .__.

I see it now, thanks

It was in the PM I sent this morning...

hey, three processes are weird, I don't recognize them, can I post them and see if YOU recognize either of them?
Feel free to post them.;-)

oh, and sothing else, they just popped up after those links when I rebooted
Run a full scan with your AVG.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

It was in the PM I sent this morning...

Feel free to post them.;-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

oh ok, haha, I must have missed it >:( haha, Um, lets see,

Runedll32.exe confused because this will only pop up some times

WxFast.exe I have no earthly idea what that is

Vprot.exe, I THINK thats keep vid, BUT I'm not sure, I am downloading a video on youtube to my computer, youtube = life for dummies haha

Please verify that it is Rundll32.exe (with no e) and not runedll32.exe as you posted!

Please verify that it is wxdfast.exe (with a d) and not WxFast.exe as you posted!

Have you installed the AVG Security toolbar or The GameBox toolbar? vprot.exe is most likely associated with one of those toolbars.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I have both on rundll32.exe, runedll32.exe pops up every now and then

and The WxdFast.exe is right, I DO know that WxFast is a virus, but whats runedll32.exe? I figured it was an error, they are never on at the same time

right now though, I have rundll32.exe running instead of runedll32.exe if thats an error, the runedll32.exe, Its probably cause I've been online with no firewall, speaking of which, comodo firewall just downlaoded, gve me a few minutes to install that

I have both on rundll32.exe, runedll32.exe pops up every now and then

and The WxdFast.exe is right, I DO know that WxFast is a virus, but whats runedll32.exe? I figured it was an error, they are never on at the same time

right now though, I have rundll32.exe running instead of runedll32.exe if thats an error, the runedll32.exe, Its probably cause I've been online with no firewall, speaking of which, comodo firewall just downlaoded, gve me a few minutes to install that

I coudn't edit this, so I have to quote it, and no I don't have a tool bar for that, I did on mozilla firefox, which btw, WON"T uninstall, but I had deactivated it but thats litterally BRAND NEW, I didn't see that till it poped up the random evil tabs popping up

OH, I see how this is, it lets me edit this one, but not the first one, um, mel, I can't find the file I just downloaded, Itsnot in my downloads, and it dind't give me the option to change the destination, does ie have a download page like mozzilla did? I don't see it under tools

ok I see it now, um, it downloaded in my videos folder, I am scratching my head on that one :?:shock:

Rundll32.exe is a normal Windows file but also some Viruses use that filename as well. Runedll32 is most likely a component of a virus.

If it is wxdfast.exe... it is actually safe and probably a remnant of a software that was removed in the past.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I hadn't seen you post that about avg, I'll run that when I can, right now, I'm trying to not lock up -.- IE is using litterally all my ram, I will probably close out of it and restart, but the runedll32.exe, when that pops up, should I just end task? I have run avg before I seen it, and after i seen it, I don't think its too bad, Its not causeing to much trouble, only problem thats getting worse is I have to shut the pc off manualy, thus ruining the hard disk, I'm actually not sure this will last a month, I have what I need, I'm just watching vdieos and movies while I can befoer I move

Avg is running right now, does avg run more better on high? or i it just faster? I was going to watch season one of my show, I have it downloaded, and it lags bad on high

Avg is running right now, does avg run more better on high? or i it just faster? I was going to watch season one of my show, I have it downloaded, and it lags bad on high

It only makes it run faster.

I really wish you would reconsider and let Dave work a little with you. You know your machine is severely compromised.

You can end the runedll, but not the rundll unless we verify its legitimacy by cleaning your machine. Don't worry about the wxd one, its just a harmless remnant.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

It only makes it run faster.

I really wish you would reconsider and let Dave work a little with you. You know your machine is severely compromised.

You can end the runedll, but not the rundll unless we verify its legitimacy by cleaning your machine. Don't worry about the wxd one, its just a harmless remnant.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

yea, if you woudn't mind, no point in doing it like this, I don't know for a fact this will survive till I move, I think itwould be ok, anyway I can get you to either post this, or tell me what to say to him? I need to take a shower

Ok, I'm out, what information should I post for superdave? and can you me keep on tast with him if I wonder? You know how bad I am about that sometimes, I'm nervous XD

oh yea, and I can tell it works, It woudn't let me go to a site, I wanted to see if I did it righ, and its safe now 8-)

now to fix this thing up for a month, I have it red necked right now XD

Hi lads,

the cache is self repairing,

see attachment

Roy

Thanks Roy, in his case the the recovery disc is requested to repair the cache either because the cache is too corrupt or his version of XP is one of the ones that the cache was not 100% complete on (so the recovery disc is requested to complete the cache at the time you run a scan with SFC).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks Roy, in his case the the recovery disc is requested to repair the cache either because the cache is too corrupt or his version of XP is one of the ones that the cache was not 100% complete on (so the recovery disc is requested to complete the cache at the time you run a scan with SFC).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

with the disk drive is gone, I don't think Its OK to download a repair disk online, Legally I mean, and I'm not sure what else to do, I've tried everything, I am not even really sure what the cache is or sfc, but I'll check back on again tomorrow or somethign to see what you want me to do, I trust your judgement and Hey scrd01, how are you doing today friend?

with the disk drive is gone, I don't think Its OK to download a repair disk online, Legally I mean, and I'm not sure what else to do, I've tried everything, I am not even really sure what the cache is or sfc, but I'll check back on again tomorrow or somethign to see what you want me to do, I trust your judgement and Hey scrd01, how are you doing today friend?

Hi CJ we were talking about the SystemFileChecker tool (SFC) a command of which you did execute on a previous thread while trying to repair your Net framework and solve the update issue. (I think I remember correctly... I didn't research the threads... and can't remember if it was on open forum)or PM (another reason why you should open a thread and post instead of sending a PM! PM's are not saved unless the member saves them)... SFC has nothing to do with the recovery disc (or installation medium) unless it is requested by your system... (the recovery disc... or perhaps in your Xp installation medium may mean floppy discs (a set of many discs that had to be inserted when prompted) as your machine never had an optic drive but only a floppy <magnetic disc>)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi CJ we were talking about the SystemFileChecker tool (SFC) a command of which you did execute on a previous thread while trying to repair your Net framework and solve the update issue. (I think I remember correctly... I didn't research the threads... and can't remember if it was on open forum)or PM (another reason why you should open a thread and post instead of sending a PM! PM's are not saved unless the member saves them)... SFC has nothing to do with the recovery disc (or installation medium) unless it is requested by your system... (the recovery disc... or perhaps in your Xp installation medium may mean floppy discs (a set of many discs that had to be inserted when prompted) as your machine never had an optic drive but only a floppy <magnetic disc>)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I have a cdr drive, I assume thats optic drive? as for floppy drive, I'D SO LOVE THAT so retro 8-)

I decided to edit this since I'm home and on, I was a bit off topic, and what not, I think the firewall is working great, since I installed it, avg cause several trojans, I will say I was confused, it looked like the same ones, but yea.

but I'll say ALL I need to know before I post on superdaves section of the forum is what I should do, I don't want to run super antispyware, again, last time I did, something.... HAPPENED, It locked my whole computer down, and said I was in trouble for, well, I really don't want to say in puplic, btu it was a scam, It also poped up antispyware before it locked up, I went into safe mode to dissable it.

but everytime I get online, it seems to catch something, I'm surprised, but Melvin_Deal, I will do as you recommend, and try to fix this thing to an extent, where its compromised, because Its going to be easy for somebody to get back in, I am glad I have the firewall now, BTW< Before the hacker, I could run avg and it NEVER caught anything lol but now its infected, I think the hacker messed up my firewall or something...

hoping to hear from you soon friends

OK I'm back lol just tell me what to do for super dave then I'll post it imediatly, if My last post was confusing, let me know, I'll edit it to be more on topic haha

actually, I'll edit it right now lol, I'm home with nothing to do now, oh yea, and I got my bike, I went with a mountain bike, off topic but yea, its got a full suspension, It rides amazing, I'm so ready for nashville lol

OK I'm back lol just tell me what to do for super dave then I'll post it imediatly, if My last post was confusing, let me know, I'll edit it to be more on topic haha

actually, I'll edit it right now lol, I'm home with nothing to do now, oh yea, and I got my bike, I went with a mountain bike, off topic but yea, its got a full suspension, It rides amazing, I'm so ready for nashville lol

Hi CJ apologies for leaving you hanging (am doing some carpentry and installing a LP gas heating system... etc.)

This is customized advisement concerning cmfj0013 opening a thread in the Malware removal section... please note that all images posted are live links to my advisements to CJ... These advisements are generally safe for all members visitors to the Iobit forums if followed exactly:

1) Please download and install freeCcleaner by Piriform http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10678&d=1351556943

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2)Download and run TFC...

TFC by OldTimer,http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10679&d=1351559665

3)Run the ESET Free online scanner and remove all threats if any.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10682&d=1351646156

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived