IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cnet

I have issues with this wonderful company and it's software using CNET as a download platform, CNET is full of malware, addons, download managers etc...

To the staff please check out this site properly and stop using it!

Sourceforge would be a better alternative.

Regards, Ian.

Hi ianmcqui,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will report it to our product team for consideration. But CNET is just one of the websites that can download IObit products. Just as you can download our products from Majorgeeks or softpedia or somewhere else, which can help customers to download our products easily.

Certainly, we have our own direct downloading platform.:-D

Thank you for supporting IObit!

Hi ianmcqui, welcome to IObit Forums! :-D

As Cicely explained, you can download IObit products from different sources.

If you have noticed, I don't give links from Cnet if I don't have to in News & Offers section. So, you can also use the links given in that section in the threads for different IObit products.

BTW, when an IObit product is released, most of the times, that section is the first to give a download link for the new IObit release.

Cheers.

Hi ianmcqui,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will report it to our product team for consideration. But CNET is just one of the websites that can download IObit products. Just as you can download our products from Majorgeeks or softpedia or somewhere else, which can help customers to download our products easily.

Certainly, we have our own direct downloading platform.:-D

Thank you for supporting IObit!

Thanks for the reply I do use 'Majorgeeks' mostly but so many like yourself are still using 'CNET' and after many problems with this site like 'backdoor fraudsters' etc I will not use them for any downloads.

Google puts them first on the list and people are lazy so they won't scroll down, they see the thing they want and press the download key and get more than they expected or wanted.

The fact that the site is by WOT and Avast web rep regarded as a safe site needs to be addressed, it's download manager IMHO is a conduit for malware and is in itself not safe.

Regards, Ian.

• 4 years later...

Hello ianmcqui, as respected members of IObit forum already stated, there are different sources to choose from for downloading IObit products! :-)

And about Cnet...mostly I agree with you, but as you already said people are lazy, and when they lunch Cnet downloader they just click next,next, next.

Of course they end up with lots of unwanted software because unfortunately cnet is pushing it thru installer to make an additional income.

Cnet is not alone in this, there are others too..but there is also a safer way to use Cnet installer...you can always un-check additional software that installer installs by default, and you don`t want it on your computer. :-)

Cheers!8:)

Archived