IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't connect to IOBIT server

I wasn't sure where to post this as there is no general Iobit group and no way to "contact us"

For the past few weeks I have not been able to connect to the IOBIT site at all. I can connect with my phone but not my PC or mac, no matter which browser I use or what settings I try. I thought it may have to do with my IP but I tried several proxies and still no luck. My firewall is not blocking it and neither is any of my security software. Every browser gives me an "Unable to connect" screen and when I click on UPDATE in iobit software, it won't connect.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

TIA

Hi paulgo

Welcome to the Forum.

If everything you have explained is correct, then it is most likely that your service provider is blocking you. Whether you go through a proxy or not does not matter, as the first point of contact is the service provider.

Also, your profile does not state which version of ASC you are using, so it is difficult to assist. However, did you also try disabling surfing protection in ASC.

I am having the same issue, It says, Scan failed! The Driver Booster Server cannot be reached, please check your network connection, proxy settings and firewall. Or please try again later. I have tried disabling Windows firewall,. network connection (I think?) is fine since everything else can connect just fine (ASC 8 has no issues). ran Iobit malware Fighter, and ASC 8. get the same error every time. Help?

I'm having the same trouble. A message says "Scan failed! The Driver Booster Server cannot be reached, please check your network connection, proxy settings and firewall. Or please try again later. "

I have no proxy and the connections were all right before 2 days ago.

Hi again

I'm using ASC version 8.2 free and surfing protection is OFF. It does update the program but if I need to connect to iobit to download a product, it just doesn't happen. No matter what I do,it won't work. No other sites are blocked like this,so WHY would iobit be blocked???

Could it be due to the fact that I have to turn off IPV6 in order to get Netflix?

Now that you have explained it more clearly, it is easier to assist.

The most likely reason this is happening is because the Iobit cookies, are blocking the connection.

This has been happening since the new forum version was introduce. I have informed Iobit of this but nothing has been done..

If you delete these cookies the problem should be resolved. There are two cookies involved.

1) Iobit.com

2) Store at Iobit.

Do not remove the cookie...forums.iobit.com

as this is required to interact with the forum

HI Scannan

I've checked for those cookies but the ONLY one there is the forum cookie which obviously works fine. There is no blocking of iobit in the browser and,as I said,this happens with the imac as well,on safari. For some reason, it must be blocked at the ISP who I have enquired with but not received an answer. I don't see why my ISP would block iobit

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedbacks and thanks Scannan's timely help.

Can you open our websites successfully now?

For the error message about Driver Booster, please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop.

Please send us the zip file to help us look into the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 weeks later...

WELL.... I found the problem! It's Malwarebytes malicious website protection. Some years back IOBIT copied malwarebytes' code and used it in their own system and it seems Malwarebytes have the shits with them,so having that running blocks iobit, whether or not you enter it as an exclusion. I can't find any other way around this but that's it.

• 2 months later...

Hi there

Just lately, I've been receiving notifications from this forum, that I have replies to the subject. It appears that there is nothing later than what I posted back in June. What's going on? I STILL can't access the iobit site without disabling Malwarebytes.

Hi Paulgo,

Thanks for your reply.

I have reset your settings in our forum. Please check whether you will continue to receive the Email notification.

For the issue " can't access the iobit site without disabling Malwarebytes.", please send us the related screenshots to show what will happen when you access IObit with Malwarebytes on.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

HI again

Well, Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 I can't access iobit's site or servers at ALL,even disabling Malwarebytes. I've tried also disabling Avast and I have also entered the addresses in the hosts file,hoping it would allow it through. I've checked the firewall and also entered iobit to allow it. Is there anything else you can suggest? Obviously,this forum isn't blocked but it's the only thing that isn't

Well, I've fixed it. I presumed my hosts file would still be the same after installing Windows 10...it WAS'NT ! I found THREE entries in the hosts file- asc55.iobit.com iobit.com http://www.iobit.com all with different IP addresses so it was just a matter of deleting those lines. Funny thing though- I think it might have been a program called DWSlite that I ran to get rid of Windows 10 spyware. It wrote quite a bit to the hosts file.

• 1 year later...

Archived