IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware holds off Advanced SystemCare 7

JaG5553

Today it has failed to destroy a Malware that is cleverer that it is.

Normally the computer runs at 20% RAM. It is now running at 37% RAM on start-up so there is a problem. Over the next 90 minutes it gradually increases to 93% at which point it freezes and a restart is required.

Start Advanced SystemCare7 Malware Search (unticking all the others and setting to automatic fix) and it happily scans along until around 28% then it says Scanning Suspect file. It slowly rises to 38%, still scanning the suspect file. At the 28% the RAM increases 1% every second until it freezes out at 93%. No way will it allow Malware Search to complete the process and destroy it.

I must say this the first time it has ever failed and is obviously a very nasty malware, which I have yet to identify.

I am at a complete loss having tried everything I know. Anyone have any ideas of how I can identify it. As a matter of interest it does not show anything unusual in Task Manager.

BINGO!!

It finally managed to slip through the 'Checking Suspicious file' and completed the scan before it reached 93%. And where was the problem? It found 2. One of them was:

Misleading.FakeAV

Hkey_Current_User\software\Microsoft\Internet|Explorer|main|Feature_Control\Feature_GPU_Rendering.

Having done research on this it is only a fake site that tries to redirect you to online scanners that are false. Why it refused to allow itself to be found I do not know.

Having said that the malware scan still finds the suspicious files that now seem to be dormant with the RAM running at 20% again. It does not see these files as a danger anymore. I am concerned about that because I think they have just switched themselves off and could swith themselves back on at any time. Trouble is, there is no way of identifying which files they are. Or is there??

Back to square one!

The malware stopped itself obviously. When Advanced SystemCare 7 examined the suspect file it allowed it to stay because it was inactive. This morning it is back again as usual - leave it alone and it will let you work for between an hour and an hour and a half. Look for it and it will shut you down in 2 minutes. It is driving me bonkers.

Hi JaG5553,

Thanks for your continual feedbacks.

As Leeman mentioned, it is suggested to boot your PC in safe mood and try our IObit Malware Fighter or ASC Ultimate to remove the threats, if your PC is infected. Because Advanced SystemCare is a system optimization software with basic anti-malware function.

If anythings happens, please feel free to tell us. :wink:

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Archived