Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed Uninstaller 10,0.2.20 yesterday. I notice that the library_ca.exe executable was using up to 25% of the CPU for a long time. It i8s not running now, I have no idea what that executable does, but I was not using Uninstaller after I installed it. This is Windows 10 Professional 2004 64-bit.

Comment

When you first install Uninstaller, it will scan your system to create a library of installed programs. This is so it can more efficiently remove all remnants of a program if you use uninstaller to uninstall it.
      To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

At the bottom of the IObit Uninstaller 10 splash screen, it says "Send your feedback and suggetions".
        My first suggetion would be to check the spelling of the word "suggetions".
        Thanks

Comment

Unable to install the free version V10.0.2. I presently have v 9.5.0.15. "AVG has put it in quarantine. Infected File Rep Malware" Another popup "Windows can not access the specific device path. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." I used iobit uninstaller for years and never had a problem updating it. Can anyone advise me what to do?

Comment

You should temporarily disable AVG, then install V10. You should then put Uninstaller in the AVG ignore list, so that AVG will not quarantine it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellgo2000 View Post
              Unable to install the free version V10.0.2. I presently have v 9.5.0.15. "AVG has put it in quarantine. Infected File Rep Malware" Another popup "Windows can not access the specific device path. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." I used iobit uninstaller for years and never had a problem updating it. Can anyone advise me what to do?
              Hi,

So sorry for all inconvenience. We have contacted AVG to further remove the false positive.

Thank you for your understanding.

IObit Support Team --
              If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

I have tried to update my free version of IObit Uninstaller to v 10.0.2. Both the program and IObit website take me to download.cnet.com as a mirror to download the software. However, neither Avast nor Malwarebytes antivirus programs will let me run the installer for v 10.0.2 downloaded from download.cnet.com because the file downloaded from download.cnet.com is infected with "FileRepMalware". Where can I find a link to the freeware version of the upgrade to IObit Uninstallere 10.0.2 that is not infected with FileRepMalware? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tomdt View Post
                  I have tried to update my free version of IObit Uninstaller to v 10.0.2. Both the program and IObit website take me to download.cnet.com as a mirror to download the software. However, neither Avast nor Malwarebytes antivirus programs will let me run the installer for v 10.0.2 downloaded from download.cnet.com because the file downloaded from download.cnet.com is infected with "FileRepMalware". Where can I find a link to the freeware version of the upgrade to IObit Uninstallere 10.0.2 that is not infected with FileRepMalware? Thanks.
                  Unfortunately, Iobit seem to be determined to destroy their reputation as a company who cares for their Users.
                  The link that Iobit has in the forum for Uninstaller v10 is a cnet link.
                  What is supposed to happen is that this would be updated in the News & Offers section of the forum, and there the Majorgeeks link would be provided
                  However this was not done, because Iobit just do not care anymore.
                  So, here is the link for Uninstaller v10 from Majorgeeks......http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/detail...installer.html

In future you should just go straight to the majorgeeks site to download any Iobit programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scannan View Post

Unfortunately, Iobit seem to be determined to destroy their reputation as a company who cares for their Users.
                    The link that Iobit has in the forum for Uninstaller v10 is a cnet link.
                    What is supposed to happen is that this would be updated in the News & Offers section of the forum, and there the Majorgeeks link would be provided
                    However this was not done, because Iobit just do not care anymore.
                    So, here is the link for Uninstaller v10 from Majorgeeks......http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/detail...installer.html

In future you should just go straight to the majorgeeks site to download any Iobit programs.
                    Thank you. Worked wonderfully.

Comment

Working...
                    X