IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Monitored install with reboot

pchb1

Yes that i know.

What i mean and wonder about is, just as i wrote, HOW a monitored install that needs a reboot is done. I can not find any option about it where i have to do something. If i restart my Pc after an installation that require reboot, will the program "know" automatically that it should continue to monitor or what?

Hello,

Programs were logged successfully by Install Monitor will be marked as LOGGED, and you can click LOGGED to view the installation log.

Would you please offer us more details about the issue you are facing now?

Thanks,

Hello, any respons?!

It is the weekend for Iobit, so you will not get a response from them until at least Monday.

Also your question is very vague, so not easy to answer.

Uninstall Monitor, does not perform any action during an installation other than to monitor the fact that a program has been installed and where the components

for the program has been located. It does this so that if you decide to uninstall the program at some time, then it has all the relevant info to ensure

that all components are removed completely and no remnants are left. Whether the program requires a reboot or not is irrelevant to Uninstall monitor.

Hello, any respons?!

Hi,

If you are prompted to restart the computer during the installation progress, please close the prompt and wait for the installation monitoring to complete.

Then restart your computer manually to make the installation take effect.

Thanks,

Hi,

If you are prompted to restart the computer during the installation progress, please close the prompt and wait for the installation monitoring to complete.

Then restart your computer manually to make the installation take effect.

Thanks,

I have done so, but your uninstaller informs me that it has completed the monitoring when the install is done, prior to reboot. After a reboot i do not get any more messages and i can not see any difference in the program regarding it. So there is no info that makes certainty about a "FULL" monitoring. And before a reboot your program says in the gui - LOGGED. So everything indicates a done deal - before the reboot.

So i compared with Soft Organizers uninstaller and it did a much more thorough job when unistalling because of its rebootmonitoring. As far as i could see.

Hello,

Please further help us confirm whether the program installation was logged successfully.

Can you find the installation log for that program?

Thanks,

I have tried with several programs, same result. No indication from the uninstaller that a reboot installation was monitored. Since you can not give me a straight answer if your program has that capacity or not i have uninstalled it. I will not engage in this any more.

I have tried with several programs, same result. No indication from the uninstaller that a reboot installation was monitored. Since you can not give me a straight answer if your program has that capacity or not i have uninstalled it. I will not engage in this any more.

Hi,

Before the reboot, our Install Monitor has completed its monitoring and logged all the system changes so there is no message after the reboot.

Would you please kindly send us relevant screenshots showing how the reboot installation function of Soft Organizers uninstaller works?

It will be much appreciated if you can send us the log created for the reboot installation.

Thanks,

Hi,

Before the reboot, our Install Monitor has completed its monitoring and logged all the system changes so there is no message after the reboot.

Would you please kindly send us relevant screenshots showing how the reboot installation function of Soft Organizers uninstaller works?

It will be much appreciated if you can send us the log created for the reboot installation.

Thanks,

As i said, i have uninstalled your uninstaller.

It amazes me that you do not know how your own uninstaller works. If you did, you would have been capable of giving me a straight answer by now.

So, If you want to find out, test it yourself.

Over and out.

As i said, i have uninstalled your uninstaller.

It amazes me that you do not know how your own uninstaller works. If you did, you would have been capable of giving me a straight answer by now.

So, If you want to find out, test it yourself.

Over and out.

You got your straight answer in post #5.

Unfortunately, rather than waiting for your reply to that post, Iobit got involved and confused the whole issue and still did not answer your question.

You got your straight answer in post #5.

Unfortunately, rather than waiting for your reply to that post, Iobit got involved and confused the whole issue and still did not answer your question.

I think that that answer was a little bit vague.

It does not create certainty that the monitoring continues during and after a reboot, since in the programs gui the info does not change. As i said before, everything, all info, indicates that the monitoring ended when the program says it did. That is to say - before reboot. A technician would answer my question with an explanation on HOW it actually works and why the conclusive info is missing.That is the type of answer i want. Everything else is not - reliable stable data. Do you get me? With the right explaining answer this would be over several posts back.

I like the program, but since i can not be shure of its function i will not use it for now but instead stay with what i have got. Something i know works the way it should because i can see the difference between a non monitored reboot install and monitored d.o.

Every product has it's own unique structure. That is why we have a choice of different cars/phones/tv's....etc. Each has it's own features.

Iobit uninstaller may not provide the detail you require, so therefore you decided to get a program that does meet your specifications.

However, just because Iobit Uninstaller does not supply a post reboot report, does not mean that it is an inferior product.

At te end of the day, Iobit Uninstaller does everything it was designed to do, and does it very well. Sadly, no product can cater for every single users wishes.

Microsoft tried that with Windows 10....and we all know how successful that was.

Every product has it's own unique structure. That is why we have a choice of different cars/phones/tv's....etc. Each has it's own features.

Iobit uninstaller may not provide the detail you require, so therefore you decided to get a program that does meet your specifications.

However, just because Iobit Uninstaller does not supply a post reboot report, does not mean that it is an inferior product.

At te end of the day, Iobit Uninstaller does everything it was designed to do, and does it very well. Sadly, no product can cater for every single users wishes.

Microsoft tried that with Windows 10....and we all know how successful that was.

Inferior or not, or maybe superior, YOU, dont know how the reboot monitoring works! If, you would know, you would have answered correctly already. You are just a moderator, not a technician. The fact is, they - IOBit, has not said conclusively that it does monitor reboots, and told how to prove it for me so i would be calmed. Instead asked for a logg, as if something could have gone wrong and that may be my problem. I get the, of course, the impression that the answering individual do not know himself. That individual pops in and answers, probably hastily, without REALLY trying to understand what he reads. If he did, he would have answered correctly already. When people do not answer "spot on" and professionaly, i do get irritated.

When comparing this product with others it does an equal job at cleaning after uninstallation of "normally" installed programs. But an inferior job when it comes to rebooted programs, lika a firewall for instance. It is a pity that this did not work out because i was prepared to better the Swedish translation in the program, it has some faults.

Byt this has gone astray because of 2 reasons. 1. A sloppy IOBit representative. 2. A moderator who defends something that does not need to be defended=redundant responses.

You are to much - "on their side" - instead of the side of fact. Loyality without intelligence. You will probably, most certainly, respond to this post of mine but for me, this is over.

Good bye

Maybe instead of bettering the Swedish, you would be better off improving your understanding of English.

I did not try to defend anything, in fact I criticised Iobit for not answering correctly.

I simply tried to explain that it is difficult to satisfy everybody, but it appears that it would be particularly difficult to satisfy you.

I think that that answer was a little bit vague.

It does not create certainty that the monitoring continues during and after a reboot, since in the programs gui the info does not change. As i said before, everything, all info, indicates that the monitoring ended when the program says it did. That is to say - before reboot. A technician would answer my question with an explanation on HOW it actually works and why the conclusive info is missing.That is the type of answer i want. Everything else is not - reliable stable data. Do you get me? With the right explaining answer this would be over several posts back.

I like the program, but since i can not be shure of its function i will not use it for now but instead stay with what i have got. Something i know works the way it should because i can see the difference between a non monitored reboot install and monitored d.o.

Hello,

We all want our products to get better and better. And Scannan helped us a lot to build a better forum.

It will be much appreciated if you can offer us more details about reboot installation so that we can further forward it to our product team.

Thanks,