IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for IObit Uninstaller v9

Hello guys,

Good news. IObit Uninstaller v9 is available now. Try it and enjoy the new and improved features.

1.Download Now

Download IObit Uninstaller v9

2. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: iufeedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums.

3.Share IObit Uninstaller with your families, friends, and colleagues

4. What's New

+ NEW Install Monitor detects and logs system changes during program installation to ensure all changes can be restored in future thorough uninstall.

+ NEW Software Health helps optimize all your software to make them run smoother and also reduce security risks.

+ Enhanced scan engine to scan leftovers more quickly and thoroughly.

+ Enlarged stubborn program database to remove 150% more stubborn programs.

+ Expanded database to remove 50% more malicious/ads plug-ins for faster and more secure browsing.

+ Supported showing ratings for Windows Apps to help users decide whether to keep them or not.

+ Optimized Software Updater supports selecting and updating multiple programs with one click.

+ Improved File Shredder to wipe out unwanted files effectively and make them unrecoverable.

+ Supported uninstalling extensions of the latest Firefox 68 and Opera 62.

+ Supported Classic & White skins.

+ Supported 34 languages.

5. Description:

IObit Uninstaller 9 is a perfect software uninstallation tool. It provides an easy and secure way to thoroughly remove unnecessary programs, Windows Apps, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, and malicious/ads plugins, giving you a clean PC and a secure & smooth online surfing experience.

Several powerful new features are implemented in IObit Uninstaller 9. New Install Monitor detects and logs changes made to your system during a program installation, which ensures all changes can be fully restored when the program is no longer needed. New Software Health helps optimize all installed software to make them run smoother and also reduces security risks. Moreover, users now can directly check ratings for Windows Apps, which helps them better understand apps and decide whether to keep them or not.

Besides these new features, IObit Uninstaller 9 also improves almost all modules. As the first uninstall utility that comes up with the idea of bundleware removal, IObit Uninstaller 9 has further optimized this function to better detect bundleware at the very time when they are installed, which allows users to uninstall all unwanted bundleware more conveniently and timely. And with the enhanced scan engine and greatly expanded database, IObit Uninstaller 9 can remove more stubborn programs and malicious/ads plugins, and ensure all leftovers to be removed thoroughly from the computer just like they’ve never existed. It also supports removing Windows apps under non-administrator accounts and the latest UWP apps on Window 10 to free up more storage space. What’s more, the optimized Software Updater now supports selecting and updating multiple programs with one click.

IObit Uninstaller 9 is an all-in-one uninstallation utility to uninstall software, bundleware, browser extensions, and Windows Apps together for a clean and safe PC.

The installation of Zemana AntiMalware 2 does not get automatically monitored. When it's installed manually, the installation of its driver, does not get monitored, so when uninstalling it, the driver remains

You can download it from FileHippo.

https://filehippo.com/download_zemana-antimalware/

Hi,

Please follow the steps below to help us look into the issue you have encountered:

1. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

2. Double click GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe to run it, click the button 'Save report to Desktop'

3. Wait for a while until you see a file IU__logs_xxxxxxxx.log generated on your desktop.(xxxxxxxx should be the actual date when this file is generated.)

4. Send that file iu_logs_xxxxxxxx.log to us.

Thanks,

@Cicely You can see it first hand by installing Zemana yourself.

Hi Roger,

Our experts notice that those drivers left are in the folder windows/system32/drivers, and deleting those drivers may cause system issues. For now, IObit Uninstaller will not monitor and delete these drivers.

We will further optimize this in our later version.

Thanks,

Hi Roger,

Our experts notice that those drivers left are in the folder windows/system32/drivers, and deleting those drivers may cause system issues. For now, IObit Uninstaller will not monitor and delete these drivers.

Thanks,

It uses its own driver zamguard64.sys. This should be delete as it belongs to Zemana and the driver is still loaded from the registry at Windows startup. This issue has been fixed with v3 of Zemana, but is a problem with old versions.

The second issue I mentioned, is that the installation needs to monitored manually.

Another bug is that the the installation of Zillya Antivirus does not get properly monitored. Only about ten registry keys and no files get logged. This is its website. https://zillya.com/zillya-antivirus

Also I have a few suggestions.

Add a monitor option to the Windows Explorer context menu, so that you right click on an installer and monitor its installation

Add monitoring for .msi files, as. in rare occasions, installers have a .msi extension and not .exe.

It uses its own driver zamguard64.sys. This should be delete as it belongs to Zemana and the driver is still loaded from the registry at Windows startup. This issue has been fixed with v3 of Zemana, but is a problem with old versions.

The second issue I mentioned, is that the installation needs to monitored manually.

Another bug is that the the installation of Zillya Antivirus does not get properly monitored. Only about ten registry keys and no files get logged. This is its website. https://zillya.com/zillya-antivirus

Also I have a few suggestions.

Add a monitor option to the Windows Explorer context menu, so that you right click on an installer and monitor its installation

Add monitoring for .msi files, as. in rare occasions, installers have a .msi extension and not .exe.

Hi Roger,

The new problem you reported need to be optimized as well as our program doesn't support the Msi installation of Zillya Antivirus for now.

Your suggestion for Add a monitor option to the Windows Explorer context menu has been forwarded to our product manager.

Thanks,

@Cicely Zillya uses an exe file, not a msi for installaition.

download.zillya.com/ZAV3.exe

Hi,

Zillya uses an exe file but it will automatically release the MSI file for installation and our program doesn't support the Msi installation now.

So sorry for this and we will surely keep improving our program.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

As with all previous versions, no issues with Uninstaller 9 with Windows Insider Preview and with Iobit Malware Fighter with BitDefender turned on. Always happy with Iobit products. Tested multiple products with and without BitDefender powered on. No traces found in Windows Registry after Powerful scan. Keep up the good work!

As with all previous versions, no issues with Uninstaller 9 with Windows Insider Preview and with Iobit Malware Fighter with BitDefender turned on. Always happy with Iobit products. Tested multiple products with and without BitDefender powered on. No traces found in Windows Registry after Powerful scan. Keep up the good work!

Hello,

So happy to hear that.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi There, I really love using most Iobit tools. unfortunately the latest versions of Uninstaller seems to have changed. Has Iobit Uninstaller gotten rid of the Cleanup Residual Tool? I cannot find it in the latest version. I really liked that tool too.:!:

Problem with SWHealth Cleanup on WIN7 Pro SP1 - seems to remove Mozilla Firefox 68.0.2 (existing installation) seen as Leftovers. Tried re-install of Firefox with the same result.

Hi,

So sorry for what happened. Please follow the steps below to help us look into the issue you have encountered:

1. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

2. Double click GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe to run it, click the button 'Save report to Desktop'

3. Wait for a while until you see a file IU_logs_YYYYMMDD.log generated on your desktop.

4. Send that file iu_logs_YYYYMMDD.log to us.

Thanks,

Hi There, I really love using most Iobit tools. unfortunately the latest versions of Uninstaller seems to have changed. Has Iobit Uninstaller gotten rid of the Cleanup Residual Tool? I cannot find it in the latest version. I really liked that tool too.:!:

Hi,

Cleanup Residual tool is longer existed in version 9. We added a new feature Software Health, which can help you further completely remove the leftovers left by other uninstallers.

Thanks,

• 6 months later...

Hi. This seemed like the generic place for uninstaller feedback. If I misunderstand this thread intent, I will gladly move my post to a more appropriate place. I have the following feedback:

I installed iobit uninstaller and have used it sparingly and successfully to remove remnants of uninstalled software. So far it seems to have performed well.

However, I recently ran a fixmestick scan and was warned of malicious/malware code in the uninstaller folder. I know sometimes different companies detect powerful but not malicious code in competitor software and flag it incorrectly. I have included the fixmestick log so you can see what was flagged. Perhaps you could discuss the nature of your code with the fixmestick guys and arrange for them to "not" flag your software as malicious. It seems only uninstaller items are being flagged.

I would have attached a pdf file of the report but it exceeded the 19k limit by 4k. So instead I clipped and embedded the report. Thank you for your time in considering this concern.

Threat Report:

# Filename File size Last modified Threats

1 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/IUService.exe (SHA256:

74816411153f7db9195d6668adf78a347f

7766fefda23b9f347a7c22392d7352)

153.27 KB 08/23/2019,

10:20:28 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

2 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/AutoUpdate.exe (SHA256:

2da1cf416c562e8e259a70bfdc1c976ae2

e46e401e22e76d3cdf2271fefa6f63)

1.76 MB 11/21/2019,

08:33:20 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

3 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/DSPut.exe (SHA256:

d5feca5677edbc7d4ad6f3694f09202400

04e514b459a6d05912740c487e0b3b)

440.77 KB 10/11/2019,

06:51:06 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

4 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/IObitUninstaler.exe (SHA256:

cbecf6d9699b11f71ee5dbb374a251ef58

a1698040fe1cbcfcc28b7079b19d4e)

5.68 MB 12/18/2019,

08:37:50 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

5 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/Backup/IObitUninstaler.exe

(SHA256:

cbecf6d9699b11f71ee5dbb374a251ef58

a1698040fe1cbcfcc28b7079b19d4e)

5.68 MB 12/18/2019,

08:37:50 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

6 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/IUProtip.exe (SHA256:

0cc6765cf6c2711c27b769d1999b527e0

918.77 KB 07/30/2019,

11:05:58 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

Scan Report

Scan Summary:

Computer Name: VAIO

Scan Type: Full Scan

Scan Time: 04/06/2020, 02:30 am

Duration: 07:44:39

Client Version: 20.3.0.0

LiveOs Version: 19.1.0.0

Total Files Scanned: 234220

Infected Files: 13

Engine Definition Versions:

Avira: 4.12.3.135, DB Version: 8.16.41.206 (Last Updated: N/A)

McAfee: 5900, DB Version: 9582 (Last Updated: 2020-04-05T07:23)

Sophos: 3.77, DB Version: 5.73:3/3/2020 (Last Updated: 2020-04-06T01:43)

0cc6765cf6c2711c27b769d1999b527e0

0494801368668c7b67ed2157263a5a7)

7 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/forcedelctl.dll (SHA256:

0bcc6f84cb2a6a19830be0d66d53b95b0

0db6213a7140f7db1134671ca816cfd)

515.27 KB 07/30/2019,

11:06:02 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

8 disk1/UserData/PeterDownloads/Comput

ers/software/IOBit DriverBooster

etc/IOBit/smart-defrag-setupv5.exe

(SHA256:

fe42b97acb97c55eb68d744ef9f089b61a

d6eefea1ce6767d117aaae33bab1f5)

12.71 MB 01/24/2020,

10:47:10 am

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

9 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/Backup/AutoUpdate.exe

(SHA256:

2da1cf416c562e8e259a70bfdc1c976ae2

e46e401e22e76d3cdf2271fefa6f63)

1.76 MB 11/21/2019,

08:33:20 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

10 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/rgfpctl.dll (SHA256:

453dd4091d0dfa99caeec2823bac3c4cc

d7f31b8e77c4d694967d4d268c290c6)

529.27 KB 01/24/2020,

10:47:12 am

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

11 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/BigUpgrade_IU.exe (SHA256:

c45d59800446759f0cde1141edfd6f94b0

b2c9c6ab8ae024f62d7031a07e3c3c)

3.99 MB 02/13/2020,

07:48:31 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

12 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/iush.exe (SHA256:

d71a7526b9626abf562e8491a59a15acf

0a87c886468833d252393b914f305b6)

4.01 MB 12/18/2019,

08:37:00 pm

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

13 disk3/Program Files/IObit/IObit

Uninstaller/SpecUTool.exe (SHA256:

d2e567d27c30c2ee6288270872ea6663

bf4552eb12f16a65ed064489eec45711)

1.09 MB 01/24/2020,

10:47:05 am

Sophos - App/IObitUn-A

Hi. This seemed like the generic place for uninstaller feedback. If I misunderstand this thread intent, I will gladly move my post to a more appropriate place. I have the following feedback:

I installed iobit uninstaller and have used it sparingly and successfully to remove remnants of uninstalled software. So far it seems to have performed well.

However, I recently ran a fixmestick scan and was warned of malicious/malware code in the uninstaller folder. I know sometimes different companies detect powerful but not malicious code in competitor software and flag it incorrectly. I have included the fixmestick log so you can see what was flagged. Perhaps you could discuss the nature of your code with the fixmestick guys and arrange for them to "not" flag your software as malicious. It seems only uninstaller items are being flagged.

I would have attached a pdf file of the report but it exceeded the 19k limit by 4k. So instead I clipped and embedded the report. Thank you for your time in considering this concern.

Hi,

This is a false positive and we will further contact fixmestick to remove the false detection.

Thanks,

@BRIMSTONE

Hello,

We have contacted Fixmestick and Sophos but we are informed that they will not remove the PUA detection for IObit Uninstaller.

Our program is absolutely clean. Please add our program to the exception of Fixmestick and Sophos.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 4 months later...

• Pros. Full compatibility with 64-bit Windows. Uninstalls browser toolbars and plug-ins. Community-based reviews. ...
  • Cons. Lacks PC clean-up tools. Poor toolbar and plug-in descriptions.
  • Bottom Line. The excellent IObit Uninstaller 3 is the application you need to remove stubborn programs and toolbars from your Windows PC.

• 1 year later...

I have mentioned this before.

I do NOT want to have the Iobit Uninstaller running all the time. I do NOT need it. IF I want to uninstall a program I can easily run Uninstaller from my desktop.

There is NO option under settings to keep it from running ....please, change this in the next build.