IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error 1603 while QuickBooks updation

On an ACER Netbook running Win 10 64 bit , attempts to update Quickbooks 2018, lead me to Error 1603 and the update fails.

QB operates normally, but is slow to open.

I have the same QB running on another ACER (mini desktop) running Win 10-64 with no issue.

In reading the past posts on his erro each problem seems to have a different solution.

What to do with the QB 2018 update ?

Regards,

Adrian

You can try any of the below methods to solve the error 1603 while updating your quickbooks

Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub

The QuickBooks Tools Hub helps fix common errors. Important: QuickBooks needs to be closed to use the tool hub.

1. Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub file. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
  2. Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe).
  3. Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
  4. When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tools hub.

[h=2]Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool[/h]

1. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
  2. In the tools hub, select Installation Issues.
  3. Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool run. It can take up to 20 minutes.
  4. When the tool finishes, restart your computer.

[h=2]Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop[/h]

To get around third-party apps that may block the install, like antivirus and antispyware programs, install QuickBooks desktop while in Selective Startup (Safe Mode).

--

Lewis

Is there some issue with an Iobit product, and why have you posted in the Uninstaller forum??

Is there some issue with an Iobit product, and why have you posted in the Uninstaller forum??

Yes it is related to iobit uninstaller because i uninstalled it and then i was installing the updated version of qb and i started getting this error.

It sounds as though Quickbook fragments have been left on your pc after the uninstall.

Check your program list and see if Quickbook shows up still in the list. If so, remove it.

Manually delete any Quickbook files and folders still left on your pc.

Run a search of your drive to find any references to quickbook, and uninstall any you find.

If you have ASC on your pc, run the Registry cleaner.

Reinstall Quickbook.

• 3 months later...

I was also facing the same kind of error with QuickBooks enterprise. I followed these steps and it worked for me. I hope this helps you!

• Install Diagnostic tool, it resolves issues caused by various third-party applications like.NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
  • Now, start your system and sign in the system as Administrator.
  • Open the browser in your PC and browse for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
  • Click on the install Diagnostic Tool Download link and save the file on the local desktop.
  • Close background application.
  • Double click on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file and press the run as an option.
  • Lastly, it will run a complete scan of the system and repair all the issues.

• 10 months later...

QuickBooks Error 1603 occurs when you’re opening or installing QuickBooks desktop on your computer. Error code 1603 occurs when QuickBooks needs some component to run but they’re unavailable because of Windows or QuickBooks backend damaged or corrupted files issue.

Causes for QuickBooks error code 1603

1. Problem with Microsoft .NET Framework

2. Microsoft MSXML and C++ files are damaged

3. Windows issue

4. Improper QuickBooks installation

3 Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1603

STEP 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub

Make sure to close QuickBooks desktop

Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and go to your download by pressing CTRL+J

Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe

Click Yes to allow this app to make changes

Now click on Next to install it and then click Yes again for accepting the license agreement

Click on Next and then Install (It may take some time)

Once the installation is complete click on Finish

Step 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool

Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon will be available on your desktop)

Go to the Installation Issues tab and click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool

It may take some time to configure…

Once it’s configured, click on Yes to accept the license agreement

Click Proceed to start repairs on your QuickBooks desktop components.

Once completed, restart your computer.

Step 3: Update Windows

1. Make a right-click on the Start button and select Settings

2. Click on Update & Security

3. Select Windows Update section

4. Click on Check for Updates

5. If updates are available to download it’ll start installing it automatically

6. Restart your computer now

All IObit Products for Windows, Mac & Andriod Devices - IObit

• 1 year later...

Error code 1601, 1603, 1642 in QuickBooks occurs when the Microsoft windows installer or QuickBooks installation files gets damaged or corrupted in the PC. This error disables the users from working smoothly on the QuickBooks desktop application and hampers their work. These errors are mainly related to Java and QuickBooks update files. Although, this error can be resolved easily when the correct steps are taken at the correct time.

So, given below are some of the tested methods that you must perform to eliminate QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, 1642;

• Turn off antivirus software

• Update Windows OS version to the latest release

• Clean re-install QuickBooks desktop application

• Re-active window installer

• Download and use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool

Read full article: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603, 1642