IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Monitoring Log

Hello,

I purchased a license for IObit Uninstaller, yesterday.

The program appears like it is monitoring some of my installs (a pop-up appears), but I can't find any proof that it actually monitored the installations

There are no logs indicating so.

I have run the "GetIObitConfiguration" program you suggested in earlier posts. It created a file on my desktop that is comprised entirely of Kanji characters. I am

not permitted to attach that log file to this post.

Can you help, please?

Ok, thanks for the recommendation. I did read the manual but it did not correct my issue. The Uninstaller is failing to log new installs, regardless of whether I have it set to automatic or to manual. It seems to recognize most of my installed software, but it just isn't logging the installation process.

It recognizes new installs, but it does not monitor the installation, either automatically or manually. Or as you said, "it does not give me the details of the installation process". I am referring to the 2 functions shown below:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":230866}[/ATTACH]

No. That is the problem. It appears to see that I have installed a new program, but it has not logged all the locations where that program resides.

The only time that it DID log ANY install was when I installed the IObit Smart Defragger. I have installed at least 6 more programs since then, but they do not appear as "Logged Installations". [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":230869}[/ATTACH]

Ok. After further testing, I think I have discovered a "bug" in this program. It appears like the program IS actually logging my new installs. What it is NOT doing is showing those logged installs in the "Logged Installations" window!

In Settings/Notifications... make sure that.."Notify me when Installation Log is Created" is ticked.

The first time I Installed a new software I got a Pop-Up asking me to Enable Logging which I did. After that I have run 3 tests on Installing different softwares and each time it showed as logged and gave me a complete Log of the Installlation.

I suggest that you Go to this link and download the latest version 9.4 from the Majorgeeks site and reinstall Uninstaller. You do not have to remove the previous version, you can install over it. This will keep your history and logs......https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...installer.html

I just looked at the notifications settings (screen capture below). Everything was already checked. I also tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling the latest version from Majorgeeks, last night. No luck...

Must be a problem with my Windows 10 configuration, huh? I run back-up images every day. I think I'll try going back to my first image of Windows10 before I had installed anything on it and see what happens.

Unless you have any other suggestions?

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":230873}[/ATTACH]

I think the important thing is that pop-up you get the first time you install new software after you install Uninstaller (the one that asks you to enable Logging). You may not have noticed that Pop-up and therefore not selected Enable.....that is why I suggested Reinstalling Uninstaller and see if you get that Pop-up the first time you install new software.