IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

have a fag!!

Mr Bean

today I have been sitting in front of the screen staring at my penguin. and sort of blank,my mind wondering all over the place,not tuned in, on any thing in particular,now and then stare at the browser add ons ,finding it hard to concentrate,and get going,why?

Stopped Smoking!! after A near 50 years of puffing on a fag ( Cigarette!)

and now Day 5 rather night 5 its rather hard to concentrate,and lots of pain shooting from different parts of my self guess its called withdrawal pain.

and it hurts bad! all sort of sensations piercing ones body, and screaming for a fag!

taking, deep breaths,to try to fill my body with the right amount of air...but hurting trying! my chest now sore and hurting from the gasping and trying to fill her up.I have slowly in the last 12 weeks cut back to half of my normal rations of 1/2 kilo of raw tobacco and started smoking the factory made type,50 in a packet! then tried to cut this back without really pushing,HARD,MANAGED TO USE 1 pack EVERY 2 DAYS! SLOWLY TO STRETCH IT TO 3 DAYS! then why I do not really know made the dissension Stop! but the wife did buy A other pack of 50.and I gently told her NO more Unless I ask..

now why? well the big problem breathing,its getting to a point of now and then gasping for air!

let me tell you this , not easy.as in its a mental thing now,the actual stopping is not so bad as the MENTAL THING OF NOT SMOKING ONE!

that is the difference. the mind keeps asking to fire one up.is the problem.

think thy call that craving? for me its or was ? a normal thing to be doing,

and suddenly stop is the Battle! the extra pains now popping up is the other problem!

any how will I be able to beat it this time? I do not know for sure but day 6 coming up and hoping I be able to keep going! I am finding to my surprise I can take A little deeper breaths! that I think should improve some more.And the pains slowly go away??? and my lungs whats left are now not choking with smoking..I should of stopped a long time ago really still at least this may and should improve my breathing a bit..Not Being a Know it all ,my hope is the chest should stop eating itself,and possibly heal a bit. I hope any how.

So what and why the sudden halt! biggest reason was the sucking in deep breaths that seemed not to go all in! and even trying to make the air go in

now felt it was not reaching the bottom of my chest, rather expand the chest as it should do normally,plus the painful harder work trying .causing a sore set of lungs.rather the mussels surrounding them.did a bit of reading and that also made up my mind.figuring its never to late,is it to stop.whether its to late to save the damage? yes ,but at least halt more!

any how you smoke? perhaps reading this may convince you to give it a try Stopping,or at least think about it..and I defiantly, will report if I succeeded..

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

Have you had your doctor check you for Mycoplasma?

How about the Cold Test?

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

today I have been sitting in front of the screen staring at my penguin. and sort of blank,my mind wondering all over the place,not tuned in, on any thing in particular,now and then stare at the browser add ons ,finding it hard to concentrate,and get going,why?

Stopped Smoking!! after A near 50 years of puffing on a fag ( Cigarette!)

and now Day 5 rather night 5 its rather hard to concentrate,and lots of pain shooting from different parts of my self guess its called withdrawal pain.

and it hurts bad! all sort of sensations piercing ones body, and screaming for a fag!

taking, deep breaths,to try to fill my body with the right amount of air...but hurting trying! my chest now sore and hurting from the gasping and trying to fill her up.I have slowly in the last 12 weeks cut back to half of my normal rations of 1/2 kilo of raw tobacco and started smoking the factory made type,50 in a packet! then tried to cut this back without really pushing,HARD,MANAGED TO USE 1 pack EVERY 2 DAYS! SLOWLY TO STRETCH IT TO 3 DAYS! then why I do not really know made the dissension Stop! but the wife did buy A other pack of 50.and I gently told her NO more Unless I ask..

now why? well the big problem breathing,its getting to a point of now and then gasping for air!

let me tell you this , not easy.as in its a mental thing now,the actual stopping is not so bad as the MENTAL THING OF NOT SMOKING ONE!

that is the difference. the mind keeps asking to fire one up.is the problem.

think thy call that craving? for me its or was ? a normal thing to be doing,

and suddenly stop is the Battle! the extra pains now popping up is the other problem!

any how will I be able to beat it this time? I do not know for sure but day 6 coming up and hoping I be able to keep going! I am finding to my surprise I can take A little deeper breaths! that I think should improve some more.And the pains slowly go away??? and my lungs whats left are now not choking with smoking..I should of stopped a long time ago really still at least this may and should improve my breathing a bit..Not Being a Know it all ,my hope is the chest should stop eating itself,and possibly heal a bit. I hope any how.

So what and why the sudden halt! biggest reason was the sucking in deep breaths that seemed not to go all in! and even trying to make the air go in

now felt it was not reaching the bottom of my chest, rather expand the chest as it should do normally,plus the painful harder work trying .causing a sore set of lungs.rather the mussels surrounding them.did a bit of reading and that also made up my mind.figuring its never to late,is it to stop.whether its to late to save the damage? yes ,but at least halt more!

any how you smoke? perhaps reading this may convince you to give it a try Stopping,or at least think about it..and I defiantly, will report if I succeeded..

Mr Bean

hey there,

its been a hard week,fighting of the smoking,I think now the bad one to come

the next 6 days are the ones, I need to get over, beat them and I suggest the worst should be behind me,but still need to be on alert here,I am finding the hardest thing the thinking about the fags,I found the trick I think and that is to not get rid of all the ash trays and the tobacco,plane in view,plus the pack of tailor made's sitting just on the side of me ,in my case stopped the problem thy be not available to me if I caved in,even the wife saying ,you tell me if you cant bear it ,I get you a pack if you need it.answered, no I be fine as I have plenty there,funny thing is its not bothering Me thy are laying there

probably why its making it easer to not worry about stopping.?? I do not know

but have the desire to stop.I know this all seems like a big deal And it is for a addict on some form of drug or habit like smoking,A huge mountain to climb over,trust that it is,in my case,So why ,as I already stated for a better preforming lung able to intake more air needed by my Age-ing body,

thats being starved from the normal amount it should be getting.with out laboring for the air.and stop the self destruction of whats left of my lungs!

I certainly do not need a doctor to tell me that.and to keep ignoring it my thinking is next few years end up dead prematurely.and because of the tobacco thats eating ,my lungs at a alarming rate now that thy are getting older. the pain that is at the moment in my chest I think is stress on intake of air,but think should settle in a week or so.

my ask is for you the reader do you smoke? and forget the anti this and that are screaming stop...

it me asking you,do you smoke? if the answer is yes,then enjoy the tobacco ,and destroy your lungs,(trust this I know) now AM I preaching, or start preaching,Stop,

no not meant to be or sound like this,this is up to you .you personally need the want to stop ,but the faster you do the better the chance of healing rate and stop the damage!

you think its to late for me? perhaps but there is always a bit of hope its may stop , further damage..and ease the breathing,from gasping to a fair breathing rate. you probably think what a load of rubbish,and you be right

if you do not smoke ,but if you are a smoker its a huge terrible thing to overcome,and almost imposable after 40 or 50 years of puffing on a smoke

mind you as I write this hope to be able to post later on ,SUCCESS! and beat the biggest hurdle yet.

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

Yes, I am a smoker - have been for 53-54 years, by now about 35 cigarettes a day.(for many years about 20)

My COLD test says that I have more than 90% of the lung capacity of a non-smoker at my age.

My idea regarding your difficulty in breathing put me in mind of mycoplasma which is a small bacteria that can cause pleuresy, sometimes refered to as cold pneumonia because it usually do not give much temperature rise - sometimes just + 1°. It can give the symptom of difficulty in breathing.

Also too much water in your body can cause you to have difficulty in breathing laying down.

I recently read that the people smoking up to 10 cigarettes a day were the group that lived the longest.

As we all know that smoking isn't healthy (I have known since I started), I suppose that it reflects that the group is very active since they haven't time to smoke more :-), and that it in reality shows that active physical lives gives a higher longevity.

I haven't seen the details of that statistic.

COLD means chronic obstructive lung disease.

Good luck with your project. You have chosen a sensible course in regard to your well-being and your longevity.

We still globally have the problem of the human population doubling every 30 years.

By the end of the twentyfirst century about 50 billion (us) people.

Heading for the Brave New World? (Aldous Huxley)

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I am a smoker - have been for 53-54 years, by now about 35 cigarettes a day.

yes that be about right,thats about 1 every 15 0r 20 mints, when awake.take away the time spent sleeping you probably be puffing on one every 10. sitting down on the PC or watching TV or similar..rate of one every 15-20

I pumped about the same amount at different rates,and amount tho on a day

24 hours sometimes more, other days a tiny bit less. So a pack of 50 last one 2 days (if lucky) but generally 2 by 50 last 3 days.??

my case about the same...

thats about about 250 a week, give or take 50 depending on what one was doing to make the difference, cost about $160 a week some time a bit more.

I managed to cut that back a bit to $150 a fortnight,smoking the raw tobacco

and no Taylor made ones.and if we perchest 1 Kilo at A time were discounted $20

the raw stuff had more kick and was very strong,so one would probably smoke less? tho soon adjusted to it and then smoke about the same rate.

now this sounds like a nice idea,yes certainly cheaper, but when you looked at the tin that be full and think about it thats a Lott of destruction (self abuse)

problem is and, it hit me my age and the countdown,in years of hitting on my lungs,thy finally are bucking up, and now in pain (tho seems to be easing) some what and each day getting better? stopped the coiffing at night,(while sleeping) THE WIFE INFORMED ME OF thats also slowed down,no Flem (Wow) that I would now and then rid.NOW GET THIS the food is starting to taste different(uh) Wonder why? some one tell me why.

any how up to date still success!

Mr Bean

Hi J

Yes I also partake of the tobacco smoke.

Your English and writing are almost poetic now... stream of consciousness... your thoughts going through my head... I experience them.

I too hate this habit/addiction/routine/comfortable kill death!

You inspire me truly... knowing what else you are dealing with (to a small degree)

Love, peace, and prosperity to you!

Sincerely

-Mel

Live Long!!!!!!

thank you for the lovely comments,

I am not that surprised , Us older folk smoke and still do,. why ,well it was considered a normal sociable thing to Do.offer and except a fag,and being a friendly Pearson

after a hand shake,yes it would be considered rude to light one up and not offer

one to others in a group or the friend you be talking with..It was also considered as a healthy thing to smoke ,and help one get by stressful times or with headaches,Yes Matter of fact my old doctor now decedent to the after life? a lovely man,actually told my wife a headache sufferer to smoke believing it would reduce them by 60% or So percent..and she should at least use 10 a day but not more than 15 teen..that would suffice and help the migraines. Be reduced By 60 to 70 %

and also in my case help with pain as well.Now I can tell you it did but not at 90% but certainly did help.as the body would saturate with the nicotine.

and rather, chemicals good ? or bad that also bullied up in the flesh killing of parts of the cells

What made me suddenly battle this again.

already stating why ,may I also add this,please read on .this is true! and not a fantasy...nor being interesting,this is So.!

MY DEAR wife about 8 weeks back made my favorite food Pea soup! Man oh man

I love this So much.but it takes 7 hours or so,

in the 2 rooms the cooking ,catering drops that run down to the floor ALMOST,as the fans working away hours the 7 hours,or , more plus the time to to cook and prepare..also causing much steam in the kitchen and sitting room.That Moisten the walls in the 2 rooms, gathering drops that run down to the floor ALMOST as the fans draw out a lot ,of the steam,now the big shock came next morning ! the water running to the floor as the steam turned to water, on the walls,became stained a deep yellow orange collected smeared .to my disgust and dismay.even I THAT ended up,shifting to the other end of the house .smoking there %99 of the time.it still ended up in the kitchen sitting and lounge room! that upset me more so.........

after cleaning the walls with soupy water and then wipe them with a white cloth till thy were clean and free of the nicotine stains, I really was upset.MORE SO< .that even shifting to the other side of the house I was still poisoning my dear loved one!!! with the deadly nicotine and or chemicals she would be breathing in her lungs..this started to play on my mind ,and other things added TO the fuel to stop!

THO found the nicotine and its drugs,effects a marvelous thing!

re-leave one from pain to a point. dull the senses and Paine..but all this time kill of the lungs and slowly destroy them bit by bit.,that we did not know about,till about 10 years back. and far to late for many of us now horribly addicted! to the drug! but what really hit me hard I was killing my wife as well<or rather contribute to it ,possibly shorten her life???? >and just not realize it !

as the added strain of now a pair of sore lungs and rib cage plus possible re blockage?? (hoping NOT) made the sudden MOVE to HALT THE SMOKING

the big one,stopping reason. killing the wife slowly(that now I think That could be happening?)

and my self faster then necessary!

having said that .

try partly to revert the damage as much as possible.

NOW AGAIN please note.

Want to smoke then Do So,lets face it no one cares ether way,ENJOY IT ?

And let it Kill off parts, off your, internals as its done to me..I be-leave contributed to a lot of my pain.YET still think also helped to halt a lot of pain as well.I cant honestly say yes for sure.

tho think So.

chocking the vital organs,and possible re-blocking the main flow of blood? I do not know yet! being the possibly case of my heart attacked or contributed to them?? I can not say for sure.and the high risk thy say and I read about.but can tell you this its a rather Mixed feeling,the good verses the bad or the possibly faster killing of one self!? that I am thinking is So.

who can truly say?

Mr bean..

day 8 and still SUCCESSFUL!! now hosted out all the tobacco and the 1 cigarette, think I am OK now??? and hopefully got it under control.

Hi sunny

If one only sees the lung capacity in terms of amount of air content I am sure your are right.

But the Cold test (chronic obstructive lung disease) measures more than that. Some also measures the oxygen level in the exhalation and the airflow speed and the pressure

Some may call it COPS too :-) (chronic obstructive pulmonary syndroms)

(In case someone wants to look it up and read about it. )

Your abnormal air capacity of your lungs may well be related to your asthma condition I think.

I remember that my former brother-in-law who suffered from asthma used to get up in the middle of the night and smoke a pipe of tobacco, this alleviated his asthma -attack.

Isn't asthma often caused by allergies?

Nicotine is also in vitamin pills.(niacin)

Poison in very, very small amounts is often beneficial

I read some years ago that nicotine made it less likely that you would develop allergies.( I think it was an article in Scientific American)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

I think lung capacity does not count much, I have 115% lung capacity for my size/age but does not help me at all with asthma. its like having a big car with a knackered engine.

I have 115% lung capacity for my size/age but does not help me at all with asthma

hi to all reading the post.

I suggest thats right,in what you are saying,Asthma

is a defect, many suffer with, blocking of the air ways with a rush ,flow of mucus,and constriction of the lungs(temp) Asthma is a fault,rather then a induced ,or forced intake of chemicals

toxic and possibly deadly, harmful into ones lungs,I have known this most of my life,but how bad no idea,how much damage,till now I can say its certainly destroyed 15%+?? of my lungs!

thats a heap!! and not fixable,that I know about, up to this time in posting

I truly be leave that aging of ones body slows down healing of all its powers natural,with out medicine,therefore the older one gets the more assistance one needs,to help heal the av, normal processes of a body.

colds flue and the like are not something that blocks ones lungs permanently,but rather a short discomfit, also suggest,NO

destroying, the filters,and can be treated quickly,nicotine

(TAR) you make roads of??? a substance thats black and the same ability as bit-chum.sticky and hardens lays sticky (stuck and harden,) in the bottom of the lungs,plus chocking the filters fibers,and takes 12 mounts or more to be removed by the body processes (rejecting) ridding the TAR

A few things I found out

smoking reduces 40% to 50% ! of normal intake of air! while smoking, the lungs covers by TAR in A fine transparent, layer of misty sticky tar and the by products. chemicals covering the filters ,adsorbed,by the filters into the system, the more they are sprayed by the intake of the smoke,the thicker the tar grows layers by layers covering,

over the filters ,that reduce in working and filtering ability..clogging the Air ways,hence the discharge of mucus by coiffing or scraping, of the mussels trying to dislodge the tar mixed with mucus.trying to neutralize the toxicity, caused by a over flow of the tar NOW SATURATED,flow out in to the airways,not where it stops the abundant intake of tobacco,now also

saturating the fibers and flesh ,spilling into the blood stream carried to your organs! kidneys,liver and so on,trust this as so your skin also, saturated my nicotine,giving you the oder smell of a SMOKER your hair fibers saturated , the tar,smelling stale as in a smoking room..DE-levering of the nicotine smell. from your body now saturated by the toxin.

wow!

facts I found out .

it takes 8 days or so for the lungs to function at its best capability smoke free only at this stage,(depending on damage)after the last puff! and slowly ,hopefully improve any were up to 20%

of intake of air! takes 3 mounts to get back to about 3 parts normal capacity

again measures, on damage and to be taken into account!

now get this ,it TAKES 12 mounts or better for 90% of the TAR to be cleared from the body.and lungs,a other estimated 6 to 12 mounts to be free of any trace of the nicotine product !! a other year for all chemicals intake from smoking to be non traceable ..Some of the lung damage may be recuperated by %20??? of the damaged fibers,or better depending on age, to be taken into account..the rest now scarred ,and non working.

now we here are talking SMOKING A SELF INDUCED DESTRUCTION OF THE LUNGS FILTERS and the capabilities of Air intake ,nothing else.

again self destruction to be taken into Account..ONLY ..

any other medical problem, not included ..by this subject of Self destruction,SMOKING. also know as self abuse! I never really considered!

WOW,

AGAIN please this is purely my choosing and not meant as anti smoking

Marley my findings.

WANT TO SMOKE? then good luck and enjoy

LIKE MY DAD SAID TO ME when I was 16 years old,

I asked him if its OK .he look disappointed at me and said,its your body,but I advice no.still want to good luck! I would not even try to stop you.just do not smoke in front of your MUM..(I NEVER DID)

Mr Bean

Hi danburrito

That is correct, but on my vitamin bottles it is usually quoted as niacin.

As far as I rmember a deficiency of niacin could lead to pellagra and was mostly seen where the stable diet was maise because that crop contained no niacin or maybe just too little. Now however it does because they treat it with some substance (was it lime?) to create some niacin in the product to avoid the risk of pellagra. Which untreated can be a deadly disease. The 4 D's: Diarré, Dermatological (skin) diseases, Dementia and Death.

Niacin is usually precent in sufficient amount in other foodstuffs though.

Probably doesn't taste good in its pure form :-)

Most of the color on the wall Mr. bean talked about was probably from the tar content of the smoked tobacco/cigarettes, but some may be from the nicotine too - even though it is colorless in itself - it becomes brown when burned/heated.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Mr. Bean - is the wall you mentioned un-isolated or opposite to the side of the house that recieves most of the sunshine? Cold walls recieves more condensation. Being it smoke particles or dust in the air.

Niacin is vitamin B3.

Mr. Bean - is the wall you mentioned UN-isolated or opposite to the side of the house that receives most of the sunshine? Cold walls receives more condensation. Being it smoke particles or dust in the air.

hi thank you for the posts ,and my dear friends its be leave me helping !

as well to my Major Battle to ward of the fags!!

interesting comments and very educational I probably say to that ask double bricked. but the smearing was in both rooms and some on the sitting room.

the house is heavily insulated as well.

sealing and walls,my thinking the steam from the cooking when one is Making a Pea soup because of the very long time involved

plus the continue steam,one will have heavy condensation of water gathering,the TAR then softens by the warm steam hitting it and as it turn to water the Tar is gathered and pulled downwards to the floor by the water and steam.now we have a huge smear on the walls ceiling (rings) of tar, why I say TAR,its very sticky (tacky) when washed or try cleaning it smears more so then clean of

the mop or sponge needs a lot of rinsing. and one also needs hot water to remove it of the walls plus use a very good soap or chemical to remove it.

one also will need to wash again next day and perhaps a 3rd time,you need patience to remove 90 + percent of the TAR and stane..the deep red orange ,color may be enhanced by the by product made from the smoke? I am not familiar with that.nor know it I assume or know it as TAR, in its raw state.that stained the walls .

Still holding faithfully up to date.SUCCESSFULLY.

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

The water vapor in the kitchen of course plays a major role in dissolving the smoke/dirt residue on the walls.

A cookerhood may help though.

I find that ammonium water is the cheapest and easiest to use for cleaning, just a little bit of ammonum or you will not be able to stand it - too much ammonium in the vapor may also dissolve some of the tar in your lungs and make you cough. :-)

I wish you well.

Cheers

solbjerg

Mr. Bean - is the wall you mentioned UN-isolated or opposite to the side of the house that receives most of the sunshine? Cold walls receives more condensation. Being it smoke particles or dust in the air.

hi thank you for the posts ,and my dear friends its be leave me helping !

as well to my Major Battle to ward of the fags!!

interesting comments and very educational I probably say to that ask double bricked. but the smearing was in both rooms and some on the sitting room.

the house is heavily insulated as well.

sealing and walls,my thinking the steam from the cooking when one is Making a Pea soup because of the very long time involved

plus the continue steam,one will have heavy condensation of water gathering,the TAR then softens by the warm steam hitting it and as it turn to water the Tar is gathered and pulled downwards to the floor by the water and steam.now we have a huge smear on the walls ceiling (rings) of tar, why I say TAR,its very sticky (tacky) when washed or try cleaning it smears more so then clean of

the mop or sponge needs a lot of rinsing. and one also needs hot water to remove it of the walls plus use a very good soap or chemical to remove it.

one also will need to wash again next day and perhaps a 3rd time,you need patience to remove 90 + percent of the TAR and stane..the deep red orange ,color may be enhanced by the by product made from the smoke? I am not familiar with that.nor know it I assume or know it as TAR, in its raw state.that stained the walls .

Still holding faithfully up to date.SUCCESSFULLY.

Mr Bean

Best comments - I found By this lady.

As soon as you snuff out that last cigarette, your body will begin a series of physiological changes.

Correct! (a lot of pain in the first 3 days.} and the Mind game increases by 200% the huge battle is in full swing..

Within 20 minutes: Blood pressure, body temperature and pulse rate will drop to normal.

Within 8 hours: Smokers breath disappears. Carbon monoxide level in blood drops and oxygen level rises to normal.

Within 24 hours: chance of heart attack decreases.

OOH, THATS GOOD NEWS!!

Within 48 hours: nerve endings start to regroup. Ability to taste and smell improves.

Absolutely Correct! and its weird every thing tastes different!

Within 3 days: Breathing is easier.

Sort of, improved a little.and able so far to take deeper breathing inwards and seem to be right as this lady suggests!

Within 2-3 months: Circulation improves. Walking becomes easier.

Lung capacity increases up to 30

yes looking forwards to that!

Within 1-9 months: ****Cilia that sweep debris from your lungs grows back.****

Energy increases. Sinus congestion and shortness of breath decrease.

if it is 15x20 I be very happy!

Within one year: Excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a person who smokes. oh yes hope So.

Within 2 years: Heart attack risk drops to near normal. perhaps even for Me???

Within 5 years: lung cancer death rate for the average former pack a day smoker decreases by almost half that of a smoker.

Within 10 years: lung cancer death rate is similar to that of a person who does not smoke. The pre-cancerous cells are replaced.

Within 15 years: risk of coronary heart disease is the same as a person who has never smoked.

I certainly have a bit of hope yet! if the above applies to Me..Within 5 years:

that be fine by me any more a huge bones!

but need to get over the first huge hurdles one we made up to now ,

now jumping the big 2

nearly over it!

fingering 3 more days and we will be..ready for 3.

another smoker

Well gentlemen,

Another contributer to the discussion, yep i smoke to,

about 20 a day for 40 years.

Must say ive been "lucky" so far, last time i visited the quack,(doctor), was 30+ years ago, German Measles, the only problem i have is the Mrs an EX-smoker.

according to my governments health advisors, I should be dead, as in my youth i drank way over their limit, at least 50 pints a week in the local everyday, only have 1 meal a day, tea-time, which only consists of meat/potatoes/bread/cheese and combinations off these, only vegetable i eat are peas, i cant remember the last time i had any fruit, and do very little exercise

But my contribution relates to Asthma and its not so recent upsurge.

As you can see i live in the UK, in many towns here we have enviromental stations and 1 of the nasties it registers are platelets, a by-product of deisel fuel, these things are nearly indestructable and VERY gradually float to the ground.

My point about 15 years ago they turned OFF this specific recording monitor after it reached a certain level and have not turned it back on since.

make of that what you will. man v car!!

Roy

Hi Roy and everyone else!

As you can see i live in the UK, in many towns here we have enviromental stations and 1 of the nasties it registers are platelets, a by-product of deisel fuel, these things are nearly indestructable and VERY gradually float to the ground.
I believe platelets have very little to do with smoking of the fags?? They certainly have nothing to do with diesel fuel. Not sure I am following you/understanding???

Sincerely,

-Mel

live long and prosper!??

SELF TEST. See how you fair?

thank you every one for reading the thread on the subject of Smoking.

now here is what I tried to do this Morning,a self test! BE VERY careful

the first feeling of stress Stop instantly, and rest at once. I failed it.!

now without fooling one self you may not even want to try it. APPROX DISTANCE , 300yards. flat ground. start of with a brisk walk. to the other end. when arriving.,

stop take a deep inward breath. say 2 to 4 times times be fine.

if you are not laboring for air, well done go back to the start. if you are ,thats it you are done today.

HALT REST. I SAY AGAIN ,YOU ARE DONE (please Do not push the point!)go get a test done.see your Doctor and talk about it.???

now when you make it? BACK TO THE START, self check ,very important, you should not be laboring

taking in breaths or at a rapped rate of intaking Air!if you are thats it you are done AS well STOP. rest

no stressing is necessary, or advised! from here on.REST ON THE SPOT> before walking slowly back HOME and rest again.

the gaol was 6 times to and fro without puffing or gasping for Air..there would of only been a very slight increase of laboring breathing rate.nothing more.

SMOKERS TEST as above A

SELF TEST..See feel the difference!

try this do not smoke for 2 days! (try IT) on the 3rd morning do the same test! you should notice a huge difference. AND DO IT MUCH easer then before. if you made it easily ,you are still in luck.stop if you can STOP smoking??? SAVE A HEAP OF CASH!!!

before more damage occurs and hopefully stop the rot?

by the way I made it to one end and not happy with my self at all laboring breathing harder.that I really should be doing EASILY the ground was flat and yet i struggled !! my gaol now be to be able to DO it well 6 times!

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

Brisk walking is individual I think

In the French foreign legion the marching speed is about 4,5 km/h

If they had a female company probably about 4 km/h :-)

If you can carry on a normal conversation while walking at that speed my view is that you are rather normal.

Brisk walking about 600 calories per hour

Running about 750 calories per hour

Walking up stairs about 1200 calories per hour.

Have fun :-)

1 kg of fat around 10000 calories (about double the amount of energy as dynamite)

So you would have to walk for about 8 hours to lose 1 kg of bodywight - ½ a kg of fat and that fat would also release about ½ a kg of water.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s.

I don't like walking just for the sake of walking and would therefore take my lawn-mower (pushed motorized) and cut the grass on my way to the road from my house - a round trip about 500 meters, test my respiration rate and my pulse before and after :-)

thank you every one for reading the thread on the subject of Smoking.

now here is what I tried to do this Morning,a self test! BE VERY careful

the first feeling of stress Stop instantly, and rest at once. I failed it.!

now without fooling one self you may not even want to try it. APPROX DISTANCE , 300yards. flat ground. start of with a brisk walk. to the other end. when arriving.,

stop take a deep inward breath. say 2 to 4 times times be fine.

if you are not laboring for air, well done go back to the start. if you are ,thats it you are done today.

HALT REST. I SAY AGAIN ,YOU ARE DONE (please Do not push the point!)go get a test done.see your Doctor and talk about it.???

now when you make it? BACK TO THE START, self check ,very important, you should not be laboring

taking in breaths or at a rapped rate of intaking Air!if you are thats it you are done AS well STOP. rest

no stressing is necessary, or advised! from here on.REST ON THE SPOT> before walking slowly back HOME and rest again.

the gaol was 6 times to and fro without puffing or gasping for Air..there would of only been a very slight increase of laboring breathing rate.nothing more.

SMOKERS TEST as above A

SELF TEST..See feel the difference!

try this do not smoke for 2 days! (try IT) on the 3rd morning do the same test! you should notice a huge difference. AND DO IT MUCH easer then before. if you made it easily ,you are still in luck.stop if you can STOP smoking??? SAVE A HEAP OF CASH!!!

before more damage occurs and hopefully stop the rot?

by the way I made it to one end and not happy with my self at all laboring breathing harder.that I really should be doing EASILY the ground was flat and yet i struggled !! my gaol now be to be able to DO it well 6 times!

Mr Bean

Hi all

Isn't a fag really a stubbed out cigarette that you save and relight later? :-)

In that sense I haven't smoked many fags :-)

Cigarettes though about ½ a million I guess during my life - about the same amount in kr.

Cost of smoking induced illness costing the state about 4 billion kr. - the levy on tobacco gives the state about 8 billion kr. currently per year.

Cheers

solbjerg

I say yes to that,the only reason I suggested the self test.if one is(was) a smoker of 20+ a day most that smoked for 10 years + have damage in different degree,any where from 5 to 15 % vary --- 12% about the most ,lungs that been abused by smoking 10 or more.years, or aging increase that by 3 to 5 every 10 years. at 60 years probably around,20 percent and now increase at A faster rate,accelerating by 2 each year.! or there abouts.the aging processes not helping.reject the destruction of the lungs.and its chemicals in taken,plus harder to expel from the system.

few things I read about stated most be dead at 65 to 70 mark, from smoking.95%

the rest get over to the 75 mark the left overs may live longer. ratings, with luck.

tho no proof that this is 100% correct av.

now reading the many posts made on the subject.come to the conclusions that most seasonably posts are on varied the same with very good advice,

and fair comments(wise)

a lot are almost dictatorial.and for me stupid .(the anti groups) or the lobby type that want to dominate others!

I come to the conclusion its a free world ? well a lot is? and if you want to smoke no one should be able to interfere with the freedom to do So. in the correct situations,cause no harm to others.from your secondhand smoke.that you would respect.any how.or should be aware of.and do the correct thing.to not cause any one possible harm? always asked if it was OK

to have a puff but now days the last 5 years just done it at home.up to when I decided to try to stop .

A stubbed out cigarette

its a butt!, stumpy, full one

tailor made,fag, smoke,puff,all slang for cigarette

½ a million !! never looked at it that way! now thats a heap of tobacco and cash? probably beat you tho by 1/4 more till recently.

ok some one give me a idea of how many tons that be ? thanks.

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

In the old days a cigarette weighed about 1 gram - today about 0,75 gram (that's why they call them leight - and they all are light in that sense) :-)

You work it out - but for me it comes to about ½ a ton of tobacco maybe only 400 kg :-) Glad I am not carrying all that around all the time - only a very, very small portion :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. A moderate use of your car (In Denmark) comes to about a ton of petrol a year

1 kg of petrol equates about 1000 cigarettes, petrol is not renewable in the foreseeable future while cigarettes are :-)

I say yes to that,the only reason I suggested the self test.if one is(was) a smoker of 20+ a day most that smoked for 10 years + have damage in different degree,any where from 5 to 15 % vary --- 12% about the most ,lungs that been abused by smoking 10 or more.years, or aging increase that by 3 to 5 every 10 years. at 60 years probably around,20 percent and now increase at A faster rate,accelerating by 2 each year.! or there abouts.the aging processes not helping.reject the destruction of the lungs.and its chemicals in taken,plus harder to expel from the system.

few things I read about stated most be dead at 65 to 70 mark, from smoking.95%

the rest get over to the 75 mark the left overs may live longer. ratings, with luck.

tho no proof that this is 100% correct av.

now reading the many posts made on the subject.come to the conclusions that most seasonably posts are on varied the same with very good advice,

and fair comments(wise)

a lot are almost dictatorial.and for me stupid .(the anti groups) or the lobby type that want to dominate others!

I come to the conclusion its a free world ? well a lot is? and if you want to smoke no one should be able to interfere with the freedom to do So. in the correct situations,cause no harm to others.from your secondhand smoke.that you would respect.any how.or should be aware of.and do the correct thing.to not cause any one possible harm? always asked if it was OK

to have a puff but now days the last 5 years just done it at home.up to when I decided to try to stop .

A stubbed out cigarette

its a butt!, stumpy, full one

tailor made,fag, smoke,puff,all slang for cigarette

½ a million !! never looked at it that way! now thats a heap of tobacco and cash? probably beat you tho by 1/4 more till recently.

ok some one give me a idea of how many tons that be ? thanks.

Mr Bean

Archived