This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues/Problems with New Forum Layout

Please post only regarding functions that do not work or that work incorrectly.

Do not post opinions or suggestions.

This Topic/Thread is to enable Iobit/vBulletin to see at a glance the bugs in the new layout, and hopefully enable them to resolve the issues.
    You can post opinions and suggestions in Masterblaster's Topic The new IObit Forum layout
    To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

1. Cannot post in Private Forum. Have tried it in Private Browsing mode but this does not work either.
    1. SOLVED.
    2: It is necessary to wait 120 seconds between postings
    3. It is necessary to clear cache and cookies in order to make the topic and post management tools available. Users cannot be expected to continuously clear cache and cookies
    4. When you delete a post and include a reason for deletion...the message states that ..."This topic by xxxxxxx has been deleted by xxxxxx"......Note: It says Topic but should say Post
    4: SOLVED
    5. I replied to a post by user Max Martin in the "Send your feedback for Advanced SystemCare 8" Topic. I used the Quote function for my reply. Max Martins post was number #119 and was on page 8. My reply post including the quote was sent and appeared on the last page -page 10 - and is post number #148. However there is now a post number missing between post # 119 and #121. Page 8 ends with post #119 and page 9 begins with post #121.
    Last edited by Scannan; Aug. 16th, 2014, 22:58.

Comment

Hi Scannan,

Sorry to hear so many inconveniences.

I have forwarded the situations you mentioned to vBulletin. Hope they can find a better way to solve the issue soon.

By the way, anyone else met the same issue as
      Scannan did?

EDIT: Cicely...item 1. has been solved. See post #2. I will highlight when each item is solved.
      Last edited by Scannan; Aug. 15th, 2014, 09:24.
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

As can be seen, I edited the previous post by Cicely. However the post did not appear as updated in Today' s Posts. Cicely posted at 07:10 and I edited the post at 08:24. If I now view Today's Posts it still shows Cicely post of 07:10 as the latest post. Surely if a post is edited the edited post should show up as the latest. Otherwise users may not notice the edit.

Comment

Why am I getting an email for every post...I have gone through all the settings and unticked everything that would send me emails.....still I receive an email for every post....I sincerely hope someone can tell me how to stop this from happening......I miss the old forum layout so much...

Comment

In the old layout I could see immediately all new posts and the posts which I have viewed...now the Todays Posts does not show me the new posts which I have not already viewed....This certainly is not an improvement..

Comment

Cicely

In the Todays post topic list there are yellow triangles next to some threads. They are indicating unpublished posts. What does this mean and what can we do about them.

Comment

For an old laptop or computer, the page seems to be slow. I'm not sure what is causing this but it might be site plugins and all. But it loads fine on my desktop which is faster with i3 for CPU.

Comment

There is a Problem attaching items to posts. It puts the word "attachment" into the post as a link, but if you open the link there is nothing there.
                  Note: I am concerned as to whether vBulletin/Iobit are taking note of the feedback in this Topic, as there is a glaring lack of response.

Comment

Just tried to do an Edit on a post but received a message...."You have a pending edit unsaved. Please save or cancel it before proceeding.".....
                    I clicked Cancel and it made no difference. No other option is available. So now I cannot edit because of a pending Edit I know nothing about and no way of finding out.
                    A lot of bugs....

Update: Just tried clearing cache and cookies and then refreshed page (did not need to close the browser-which is a small consolation-). Now I can Edit again....surely this bug can be identified and fixed as it is obviously linked to cache/cookies. Users cannot be expected to constantly have to clear the cache and cookies in order to workaround issues that should be fixed properly.
                    A lot of users will want their cache/cookies to remain intact.
                    Last edited by Scannan; Aug. 21st, 2014, 21:06.

Comment

Testing attachment uploading
                      Attached Files

Comment

Update: The two preceding posts clearly show that the issues wit uploading Attachments and Thumbnails is also related to Clearing cache/cookies.....as it did not work
                        before I cleared them.

Comment

Hi Scannan,

VBulletin replied the issues as follows:

Issue :"You have a pending edit unsaved. Please save or cancel it before proceeding."

Reply: This sometimes happens if the edit link has been clicked but hasn't opened properly...a page refresh should cure it.

For all the other issues you mentioned, I replied you under Private. Please check it.

@All, any issues about the new forum, please just post here and we will communicate with VBulletin to solve.

IObit Support Team --
                          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hi Cicely,

Refreshing the page does not solve the issue. Even closing and opening in new session of IE in Private sometimes does not solve the:"You have a pending edit unsaved. Please save or cancel it before proceeding." issue. There is no cancel or save options at the time of the issue.

Cheers.
                            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi enoskype,

It is really very annoying. I will comunnicate with VBulletin again. It seems the new forum is really not stable.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Working...
                              X