IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does anybody know what this is or how to fix this?

dev3

My PC(the one which had windows 7) is not switching on. The UPS works perfectly but I think that power does not reach the motherboard. Recently 2-3 weeks ago, a similar sort of issue had occurred but the CPU received power and was booting, even though those days there was a problem in one of the two RAM slots. So when we removed the 1GB ram from the slot it worked but was slower than earlier(as I had 2GB ram then). Anyways all the tasks could be performed but after 2 days, the circuit board of the power supply of the house got damaged. We fixed it. Every other appliance was working except the PC. is there anyway that this could be fixed? I have a lot of important data on it, including confidential files.

The UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) is just the mains power, the same as a socket in the wall.

Inside your pc there is a power supply module which converts the power from your UPS to the required voltage that your mother board etc uses...ie, 12v/5v etc

You should check that this power module is working....that there is voltage going in and voltage coming out. If this is not working correctly then nothing else will work.

If your house distribution board was damaged then it is possible the pc power supply was damaged. The UPS should have protected the pc but this does not

always happen, especially if lightning was involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived