IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Idea for Valuater and IObit

detailer

First off,my apologies to you, Valuater ,for not recognizing your excellent work sooner.In the midst of my self inflicted OS destruction, posting fell low on the list of priorities.If an agreement could be reached,I would suggest that several of the skins be submitted to the forum and put to a popularity vote cast by our members.Though many utilities offer skin choices,this would be new ground-utilizing actual "user input".Personally, the neon on black remains my favorite,but there are some great alternatives offered by Valuater.So,what does everyone have to say on this subject?

First off,my apologies to you, Valuater ,for not recognizing your excellent work sooner.In the midst of my self inflicted OS destruction, posting fell low on the list of priorities.If an agreement could be reached,I would suggest that several of the skins be submitted to the forum and put to a popularity vote cast by our members.Though many utilities offer skin choices,this would be new ground-utilizing actual "user input".Personally, the neon on black remains my favorite,but there are some great alternatives offered by Valuater.So,what does everyone have to say on this subject?

WOW!!! Thanks detailer...

But now I'm in the same boat. I have been so busy working out forum details between IObit and Autoit, designing skins and curing "bugs". Poor enoskype, I have inundated him with all my little problems.... but Enis is resilient!!

Now, after such a humble remark I just found, I need to apologize to you detailer... I have not been in the Lounge area since I really got going on this late last week. ( i don't think).. but what a gracious thing to say about my work.... Thank you !!!!

I'm not sure that there is a way to have a "popularity vote" here, there is one in Autoit. However, I have found a non-participant way to achieve this and it is in effect as I post here. And that is the downloads of each skin. This is based on the simplicity that everyone will download the skin that they prefer the most. The Current leader is Black-Mystery with 21 downloads

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5996/ascskin3al6.jpg

Of course all the skins are here to view/download if anyone would like..

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=88334&view=findpost&p=634581

and, you can design your own skin and post it there (or here) too!!

All the updates are placed on the first post of this forum "Designing new Skins for ASC", the link is in my signature below..

Thanks again for the kind words detailer... :-)

Valuater

8)

Could an option to add your own background pic be done?

It is already available Matt!

What I am asking is for you to share it with all of us... :-D

Create a "folder" under the ASC Skin folder ( like XSkin does ) with the "White" or "Black" theme name fist, again, the folder must use "Black" or "White" as the first name ( Like XSkin has "Black-Blue" and "White-Dubai" )

XSkin must be ran again for your skin ( Folder Name )to show up under "Options: User Interface".

Create your new background, buttons, etc and adjust the colors in the ini file ( the ini file is located inside the color folder name ) This is the hardest part.. make it "Look Good"!!!

Create a picture file of what the Skin looks like. You may need to UpLoad the picture to an alternate WebSite ( ex.. ImageShack.com ) and this will give you a "Link" to the Picture. (This will be posted later)

Create a "zip" file using the new color "folder name". This is the Standard way to shrink the size of the file and the most "acceptable" to most Forums.

UpLoad the zip "color folder" here in the "Designing New Skins for ASC" sticky thread... or you can upload it to the Autoit Forum where the Skin downloads are...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=88334&view=findpost&p=634581

Be sure to place the Picture ( or URL) in both Forums for all to see!

.... and that's it .... simple right!

Enjoy!!

Valuater

8)

Ok cool

I've managed to do the easy part but for no. 2 i cut and paste the black file contents into my new folder, added my pics renamed them to Bg_main and Bg_Content and then deleted the orginal Bg files.

Dont work.....do i have to have a certain sized Bg picture?

Or maybe im totaly wrong could you explain step 2 in a newbie expanded way please. and where is this ini file? search for 30 mins and found nothing...lol

Ok cool

I've managed to do the easy part but for no. 2 i cut and paste the black file contents into my new folder, added my pics renamed them to Bg_main and Bg_Content and then deleted the orginal Bg files.

Dont work.....do i have to have a certain sized Bg picture?

Or maybe im totaly wrong could you explain step 2 in a newbie expanded way please. and where is this ini file? search for 30 mins and found nothing...lol

i cut and paste the black file contents into my new folder this should include the Layout.ini file

added my pics renamed them to Bg_main and Bg_Content and then deleted the orginal Bg files. .. I just use "Save as" so there is no need to delete the originals and you are forced to save them as the right "file type" (.png) The "Bg_main.png' pic has to be 780 x 500 and the "Bg_Content.png" has to be 393 x 420

Remember to re-start XSkin

8)

Black-Mystery....Ive been tring to change the button colour aswell with little sucess it leaves a box background any ideas how to have a transparent background while leaving the round buttons?

Hi Matt,

1st

You may have noticed, there is no transparency used in the pictures.

2nd

The button issue is being worked on right now, ASC developers need to make a change.

To make it work right now.....

A. "Cut" the "Black" skin folder, under "skin" folder and paste it under the ASC folder.

B. Re-name "Black-Mystery" folder to "Black"

... then you will have Black buttons, you can "test" this for white also

Looking forward to your skin!!!

Valuater

8)

Along the lines of that poll that detailer asked about...

The Current leader is Black-Mystery with 21 downloads as of January 26, 2009.

That skin is still leading with 65 downloads as of today February 2, 2009

( All skins are over 21 downloads also )

8)

Archived