Setting up Smart Defrag.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Smart Defrag.

Solbjerg has compiled an excellent guide for the usage of IOBit products and I would like comments on my suggested setup

For a start, there are probably many average users like myself who are not continually adding and removing applications and just want a tool to keep our HDDs in tip top condition without it continually using precious system resources or causing possible conflicts with other programmes.

I use ASC3 daily and to this end I have now set it to defrag my C:\drive when it reaches 5% defragmentation ( I've also enabled Smart Defragment) and I intend to run Smart Defrag manually every week to Analyze my C: and D: drives, then carry out its suggestions.

Hi Ted
    Thank you!
    It sounds fine.
    I can see that perhaps I should add a line or two about that?
    It is just that it is very individual what the best course of action is.
    If a user just uses the computer for occasional internet browsing for information, news and paying bills, and mail and setting up a budget in Excel, I would suggest once a month for the defragmentation.
    The cleaning of temporary files and cookies could be daily (this can also be accomplished by the settings in control panel/internet settings)
    and depending upon what other security program (some of them also do cookies and spyware + virus detection) running ASC every week sounds ok too.
    Myself - generally I do not use the automatic functions, because I often do these task manually after I have had much activity install-wise -uninstall-wise and after having done much surfing on the internet.
    Cheers
    solbjerg
    p.s. I think I'll add this as a link in the defragmentation/schedule section

Originally posted by Ted View Post
    Solbjerg has compiled an excellent guide for the usage of IOBit products and I would like comments on my suggested setup

For a start, there are probably many average users like myself who are not continually adding and removing applications and just want a tool to keep our HDDs in tip top condition without it continually using precious system resources or causing possible conflicts with other programmes.

I use ASC3 daily and to this end I have now set it to defrag my C:\drive when it reaches 5% defragmentation ( I've also enabled Smart Defragment) and I intend to run Smart Defrag manually every week to Analyze my C: and D: drives, then carry out its suggestions.
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by solbjerg View Post
      I think I'll add this as a link in the defragmentation/schedule section
      Hi, solbjerg,

Sounds good to me. No excuses for malfunctions if your guide is followed correctly.

Comment

good job

Good job. Keep them coming[garybear]

Comment

Working...
        X