IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Setting up Smart Defrag.

Ted

Solbjerg has compiled an excellent guide for the usage of IOBit products and I would like comments on my suggested setup

For a start, there are probably many average users like myself who are not continually adding and removing applications and just want a tool to keep our HDDs in tip top condition without it continually using precious system resources or causing possible conflicts with other programmes.

I use ASC3 daily and to this end I have now set it to defrag my C:\drive when it reaches 5% defragmentation ( I've also enabled Smart Defragment) and I intend to run Smart Defrag manually every week to Analyze my C: and D: drives, then carry out its suggestions.

Hi Ted

Thank you!

It sounds fine.

I can see that perhaps I should add a line or two about that?

It is just that it is very individual what the best course of action is.

If a user just uses the computer for occasional internet browsing for information, news and paying bills, and mail and setting up a budget in Excel, I would suggest once a month for the defragmentation.

The cleaning of temporary files and cookies could be daily (this can also be accomplished by the settings in control panel/internet settings)

and depending upon what other security program (some of them also do cookies and spyware + virus detection) running ASC every week sounds ok too.

Myself - generally I do not use the automatic functions, because I often do these task manually after I have had much activity install-wise -uninstall-wise and after having done much surfing on the internet.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think I'll add this as a link in the defragmentation/schedule section

Solbjerg has compiled an excellent guide for the usage of IOBit products and I would like comments on my suggested setup

For a start, there are probably many average users like myself who are not continually adding and removing applications and just want a tool to keep our HDDs in tip top condition without it continually using precious system resources or causing possible conflicts with other programmes.

I use ASC3 daily and to this end I have now set it to defrag my C:\drive when it reaches 5% defragmentation ( I've also enabled Smart Defragment) and I intend to run Smart Defrag manually every week to Analyze my C: and D: drives, then carry out its suggestions.

Archived