IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Screenshots and Attachments

solbjerg

Screenshots

A picture can say more than many words, therefore there is often a request for providing a screenshot.

On your keyboard there is a key called PrintScreen often abbreviated to "Prt Scr". When you press this key it will "take a picture" of what is seen on your screen (desktop), If you hold down the Alt key while pressing the "Prt Scr" a picture of the window on top (activated window) of the screen is copied.

This you can save in for example your picture folder or your desktop.

This brings us to

Attachments

There is also often a request for providing more information in the form of an attachment.

When you are creating/answering a post you might want to provide your readers with a screenshot or some other file.

This is done by going below the writing window to Additional Options and under "Attachments" click on the button "Manage Attachments", - this brings you to a dialog window where you can "Upload a file from your computer" - you then find the file in question on your computer and Upload it. It will then become an attachment in your post.

Please make sure that the file to be attached is not larger in size than shown in the dialog window.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=630&d=1234803820

This was written because i noticed that some members didn't know how to do this.

Please feel free to add more relevant information to this.

P.s. Do you think that this should be a post in "Usage of IObit Products"

or perhaps in "Informative links"

Cheers

solbjerg

Screenshots and attachments

Screenshots

A picture can say more than many words, therefore there is often a request for providing a screenshot.

On your keyboard there is a key called PrintScreen often abbreviated to "Prt Scr". When you press this key it will "take a picture" of what is seen on your screen (desktop), If you hold down the Alt key while pressing the "Prt Scr" a picture of the window on top (activated window) of the screen is copied.

This you can save in for example your picture folder or your desktop.

This brings us to

Attachments

There is also often a request for providing more information in the form of an attachment.

When you are creating/answering a post you might want to provide your readers with a screenshot or some other file.

This is done by going below the writing window to Additional Options and under "Attachments" click on the button "Manage Attachments", - this brings you to a dialog window where you can "Upload a file from your computer" - you then find the file in question on your computer and Upload it. It will then become an attachment in your post.

This was written because i noticed that some members didn't know how to do this.

Please feel free to add more relevant information to this.

P.s. Do you think that this should be a post in "Usage of IObit Products"

or perhaps in "Informative links"

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for the info but you omitted to inform the reader that there is a limit to the file size of any attachment that can be downloaded to the post. I know that this is true as I have had problems in the past. The same applies to screenshots. perhaps you could let us know what the respective sizes are.

What I would like to know is how do you get those lovely icons into the text of a post? I can get them in the heading but not in the body of the post.

Regards

Walter

ok Walter http://forums.iobit.com/images/avatars/img/44a.gif http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif I'll add that information when I find it :-)

Which icons are you talking about?

Your avatar is just copied and inserted (ctrl+v) (rather lovely too ;-) )

Thumbs Up the same!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. isn't the max file size shown in the attachment window by you?

At least you will get a message if it is too big in the top of the window.

.jpg 1,000 KB it says by me

.zip 488.3 KB it says by me

.doc 19.5 KB it says by me

太阳山(means sun mountain/sun hill in Chinese) (solbjerg in Danish)

U+592A, U+9633, U+5C71 (unicode hex numbers)

Alt+22826, Alt+38451, Alt+23665 (unicode Ascii/Ansi numbers)

For the hex numbers you just copy the number into Word - place the cursor right behind the last character in the number and press the keys Alt+x

For the Ascii/Ansi numbers you just hold down the Alt key while you press the number on the numberpad.

For laptops you have to put it in the "numberpad mode" by pressing the Fn key + the key that lights up - often F11, first - and then hitting the keys with the appropriate number on the side while holding down the Alt key, 0 usually the m key.

(remember to leave the "numberpad mode" afterwards)

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for the info but you omitted to inform the reader that there is a limit to the file size of any attachment that can be downloaded to the post. I know that this is true as I have had problems in the past. The same applies to screenshots. perhaps you could let us know what the respective sizes are.

What I would like to know is how do you get those lovely icons into the text of a post? I can get them in the heading but not in the body of the post.

Regards

Walter

Archived