X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi enoskype!!

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
    Hi So_sad,

The attachment shows the possibilities of retainment in reboots in FREE version.

Cheers.
    Hi my special friend. You know me well and when I tell you that none of those features worked in the free version for me ; you can take that to the bank. Thanks for your post enoskype. This program needs to be taken off ASC3 utilities until they have all the bugs out of it. A program like this that can't be uninstalled is bad news my friend, and has no place in ASC3. I only speck from my heart and you know that is true. Where the hell is Coldmoon?? Anyone wanting a program like this is smart enough to find it on the internet. It has no good place on IObit and I will not back off!!! How much are you making off this IObit?? It's not worth it my friend. Get rid of it please!!! Are you absolutely sure these features work in the free version enoskype?? I could not save any of my changes and could not turn the program off and could not uninstall it. This is a program for expert users like yourself not for the majority of our members, and I won't back off. Thanks for your post my friend!!===garybear PS I'm not afraid of you IObit so bring it on!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by garybear; Feb. 10th, 2010, 17:44.

Comment

Hi Gary and enoskype,

For your grandson Gary : it might be easier (if possible) to uninstall Returnil from booting into Safe Mode. One thing is for sure : uninstalling will appear to work when done from protected mode, but since all changes are lost after a reboot then RVS will still be there, if the option to Start with Windows is activated... If the options from enoskype's screenshot don't work for him, then Safe Mode is the way to go, because RVS is not active in Safe Mode (Windows Safe Mode that is). Once in Safe Mode, he can go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall Returnil. Hopefully.

If all that fails, there's always a way, but it could be tricky : using a bootable CD to erase the virtual partition made by Returnil. But that would be a last resort type of deal, if RVS is badly corrupt and refuses to let you out.

===
      Is it winter yet ?

Comment

gary

bit late now but windows7 has its own image backup

goto start button - getting started - backup your files - create system image -

Comment

Hi sunny staines,

That will be an option once they are out of the Returnil environment.
          Creating an image needs to be done from Windows directly, of course.
          I don't have Win7 yet but it's nice to know they have that option. Is it available in all versions (Home, Pro, Ultimate, etc...) ?
          Is it winter yet ?

Comment

so-sad

i am not sure if it's in the lower version but works fine in my 32bit ultimate oem version.

I back up an image each week with it

Comment

Hi friend!!!

Originally posted by So_sad View Post
              Hi Gary and enoskype,

For your grandson Gary : it might be easier (if possible) to uninstall Returnil from booting into Safe Mode. One thing is for sure : uninstalling will appear to work when done from protected mode, but since all changes are lost after a reboot then RVS will still be there, if the option to Start with Windows is activated... If the options from enoskype's screenshot don't work for him, then Safe Mode is the way to go, because RVS is not active in Safe Mode (Windows Safe Mode that is). Once in Safe Mode, he can go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall Returnil. Hopefully.

If all that fails, there's always a way, but it could be tricky : using a bootable CD to erase the virtual partition made by Returnil. But that would be a last resort type of deal, if RVS is badly corrupt and refuses to let you out.

===
              Hi friend. The safe mode (f8 ) did not work for me. I will take all the suggestions I can get and hope some thing works. I'm home free because my old friend Macrium is always there for me. I'm hoping my Grandson in law has his PC backed up. I think he has Windows 7. A program that has this kind of repercussions stinks and has no place on ASC3. I can't believe IObit allowed this program. I hope they are getting big bucks for it. This is for expert users like yourself and does not belong here. I will not back off my friend. Thank you!!===garybear PS get serious IObit F8 is not a dirty word. Its an option.
              Last edited by garybear; Feb. 10th, 2010, 18:32.

Comment

First hand help

Originally posted by garybear View Post
                .... Now I have to figure out how I am going to get it off my Grandson in laws PC......
                If he needs help why not get him to join the forum, I am sure someone can guide him to un-install it, step by step.
                This would be easier and quicker plus the information more precise :smile:

At the moment his situation is not known first hand so help can only be offered in 'general terms' and this doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

All the best, woz of oz
                FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first
                Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory

Comment

http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs-home-free

can some one give me the light?

what is this got to do with the iobit company?
                  i cant see it mention on there home page
                  so why get mad at our forum .understanding the concern..why blame us here?
                  i mean its up to a member if one installs a app.and try's it.if it fails ,well stiff
                  that's a risk you or i take ..but if it is a iobit product ,yes then i see the point of being angry..

if its got nothing to do with iobit than you are responsible. for trying it.

and not blast us here..all i see is pure anger at the forum..now since the last lot of posts ..

(but that's just the way old jjj and me are. We tell it like we see it and stay in trouble all the time.(i certainly hope not..)

You never have to worry where you stand with jjj (correct)
                  and me, because we'll tell you up front, right or wrong.)

yes to a point .but only at a individuality .not the forum..or the iobit owners..

all you done is bitch..and we are certainly not the same ..do not liken" me" like you Gary..as you did in a post..we are very different..

itsmejjj
                  Last edited by itsmejjj; Feb. 10th, 2010, 20:10.

Comment

itsmejjj

the is that if you open ASC - UTILITES - TUNEUP TAB.

you will see the icon that takes you to the download, I have not used it its not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny staines View Post
                      the is that if you open ASC - UTILITES - TUNEUP TAB.

you will see the icon that takes you to the download, I have not used it its not for me.
                      ahhh ok well then this should be removed? the link you think..

well i have the app ,butt desided not to try it ..not yet anyway..
                      jjj

Comment

i read the posts then did a google on it before deciding it is too much like a sandbox to me.

Comment

Hi jjj!!

Originally posted by itsmejjj View Post
                          http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs-home-free

can some one give me the light?

what is this got to do with the iobit company?
                          i cant see it mention on there home page
                          so why get mad at our forum .understanding the concern..why blame us here?
                          i mean its up to a member if one installs a app.and try's it.if it fails ,well stiff
                          that's a risk you or i take ..but if it is a iobit product ,yes then i see the point of being angry..

if its got nothing to do with iobit than you are responsible. for trying it.

and not blast us here..all i see is pure anger at the forum..now since the last lot of posts ..

all you done is bitch..and we are certainly not the same ..do not liken" me" like you Gary..as you did in a post..we are very different..

itsmejjj
                          Hi my friend . You are very wrong about me, and I will not compare myself with you ever again. I only meant that you and I speak what's in our hearts; just as you have done in this post. I'm sorry if that offended you. It was meant to be a complement to you. Yes I'm angry that IObit sold out to Returnil ,and I will not back down. This program is offered in utilities just like sunny said. Our members should not be tempted by this kind of program. Returnil is a program for expert testers like yourself. It has no place here for the majority of our members. The experts can find this kind of program on the internet if they want one. If you see anger from me my friend, then that's good, because I'm very angry and I won't back off, so bring it on IObit, we have clashed before. I was right then and I'm right now. Returnil is not doing anyone any good on this forum, and will only cause us problems. Thanks for your post jjj. Sorry you were offended by my comments. I'm not backing off !!!!===garybear
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by garybear; Feb. 10th, 2010, 20:18.

Comment

perhaps IObit could put in an extra tab in utilities called 3rd party software with a disclaimer then returnil and any others that come along can be placed there.

this would then be clearer to many people.

just an idea what do readers and iobit think about it?

Comment

Hi friends!!

I'm sure I have made an *** of my self once again, but it is because I love this forum and all the members. When I saw Returnil in utilities, I thought this is what my Grandson in law needs, because he has two little ones that mess up his PC all the time. I read about the program and thought this might be an answer to his problem. I allow my great grand kids on my PC when they visit me and thought maybe this would work for me also. I tried for two days to down load the program and sent all kinds of logs to the programmers at Returnil. They finally came up with "you need to compress your drive and the program". I had already done that. I managed to get the program installed while waiting for them to tell me nothing that was worth any thing. I thought it was working and doing a good job until I tried to turn it off and then all hell broke lose. It locked me into a Virtual drive and I was stuck. I could not proceed with any deletes, not even email. I was one mad dude. I could not uninstall the program. I tried F8 and safe mode. That did not phase this program. Every time I restarted my PC , it reinstalled it's self and went in to the enable mode. I tried every thing and nothing worked, so I got out my rescue CD and used my old friend Macrium. I'm back running and all is great. You can all bitch me out if you want but I'm not backing away from this. This is a program for virus fighters and expert PC users and has no place in ASC3. I may have caused all my problems my self, but I will never know because this program will never be on my PC again even though I have Macrium to back me up. I really believe that there are flaws in the program and the free version does not work like the paid version and that's so you will buy their program. I hope I have scared all of our members and they stay clear of this program. I am not one little bit sorry for this thread and I won't back down. I have never had to spend two days trying to down load and install a program before. That should have been my first clue to run away. Run Forest run!! I'm mad at IObit for not checking this out before adding it to utilities. They may be some who say old bear is on the juice again and he's looking for attention. You are very wrong my friends. I believe every thing I have posted and there are some who are on my side and they are true friends, they stand by you when you need them. You know who you are and I won't embarrass you with names, but you are very much appreciated and loved. I think I have explained how I feel about Returnil and I hope this is my last post. I will respond to any one that wants to challenge me and that includes you IObit!!

Comment

Hello Gary,
                                I need to provide some clarification and correct some misinterpretations:

...I tried for two days to down load the program and sent all kinds of logs to the programmers at Returnil. They finally came up with "you need to compress your drive and the program"....
                                The cause of your installation issue was not because you needed to compress your hard drive, it was because your hard drive was compressed. When you decompress your HDD, RVS will install and work as expected.

...I managed to get the program installed while waiting for them to tell me nothing that was worth any thing...
                                Please explain what we failed to tell you? We asked for log files to investigate your report and then began investigating them as they came in to us. A cause and solution was sent to you via PM here at the forums and via a reply to the tickets you kept opening rather than replying to your original inquiry. I am more than confident that no other provider would go that far to try and assist you with their software...

...I thought it was working and doing a good job until I tried to turn it off and then all hell broke lose. It locked me into a Virtual drive and I was stuck. I could not proceed with any deletes, not even email....
                                RVS is a combination solution that combines Instant System Recovery (AKA: Boot-to-restore or System Level Virtualization) with antimalware (Virus Guard) and anti-executable (Main screen > Virus Guard > Additional protection options while using System Safe).

So what does this all do?

The System Safe feature is the Instant System Recovery virtualization that clones your real system partition (usually the C:\ drive) and prevents changes (malicious, unwise, and potentially unwanted) from being made to the real system. In other words, RVS System Safe presents Windows with a fantasy world where anything can happen, and like a dream, is gone at computer restart; leaving your computer clean. This feature can be used in two ways:

1. On demand: Some users will leave the feature off and activate it when they are engaged in risky behavior (surfing the dark side of the internet, malware research, opening a website you are not certain of, etc). In this mode, it is called Session Lock where the virtualization is on only until the computer is restarted. To enable it, you do not have to restart so it functions as a "panic button" in a way.

2. Always on: This is the most secure, but the user needs to make some adjustments in how they use their computer and save files and data. With all changes to the system partition being lost at restart of the computer, it is true that work, files, pictures, etc saved in areas like Documents, Pictures, Downloads, etc would not persist following said restart. For this reason, it is recommended to change your other program settings to save their output and data on a non-system drive or partition. So what is a non-system drive or partition?

EX's:
                                A. Data Drive D:\
                                B. USB drive E:\
                                C. Optical CD/DVD+_R drive F:\
                                D. External drive or IEEE drive G:\
                                E. RVS Virtual Drive Z:\

RVS provides a convenience feature called the Virtual Drive (Tools > Virtual Drive) for those who do not have access to a non-system drive (has only a C:\ drive) without the need to partition your hard drive. It creates a large, empty file with special properties that makes Windows believe it is an actual drive. When opened (mounted), you can use it like another drive and files saved within it will remain following a restart of your computer with System Safe activated.

ISR alone however can only do three things by itself:

1. Drop all changes
                                2. Save some changes
                                3. Save all changes

This means that malware, though completely removed from your computer at restart, can work as expected while in the virtual system. This is why we have combined the Virus Guard and anti-execute functions to ensure that the user can both block malicious content and get a warning of its presence so they can restart their computer and keep the time the malware was present to an absolute minimum. With just an Antivirus and/or other anti-what-have-you scanner, there is a good chance that malicious content would not be detected (scanners have at best a 30% to 50% average detection rate at any given time) and as a result can persist for days, weeks, and even years before it is discovered and eliminated from your computer with the obvious consequences to personal information or other issues. (Ref: Rustock C, Induc A, conficker/downadup).

With RVS System Safe active, and even if the Virus Guard does not detect it, malware can only persist until the computer is restarted. This means that detection is akin to the canary in a coal mine and is much less important than ensuring your computer is clean.

The System Safe virtualization needs to be turned off from time to time to allow:

1. Microsoft Updates
                                2. Hard disk defragmentation - This only needs to be done once when using RVS System Safe as the virtualization enforces and maintains the defragmented state of the real system. So anything you do has no effect on the long term performance of your computer
                                3. File backups and computer images
                                4. Installation and uninstallation of programs

To deactivate System Safe (will be as though RVS is not installed as far as what happens on your computer):

1. Open the RVS program
                                2. On the main screen, in the System Safe section, make sure that the link displays "Disable when I start Windows". If the link shows as "Enable...", simply click the link to change it to "Disable..."
                                3. Restart your computer

Once you restart, the RVS shield symbol in the toolbar and tray icon will be green rather than red.

Continued...

Comment

Working...
                                X