IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please take action immediately!!!!

garybear

Please do not install Returnil Virtual. I installed this program and I'm one sorry dude. Once you enable this program your PC is stuck just like it is and you can never change any thing again. Every time you restart your PC it will revert back to the time you first enabled the program . You can not restore your PC to an earlier time. You can not uninstall Returnil Virturnil. Any thing you do is all in vain, because every time you restart your PC it will go back and all the things you have done will be gone and your PC is stuck at that point in time for ever. The only way you can recover from this is to have a back up image of your OS I'm a very unhappy camper IObit that you have allowed this program on ASC3. I'm so glad I have Macrium Refect. You better wake up my friend IObit, and yes MR.enoskype I'm one mad dude that IObit allowed this program to be put in utilities. Please take action immediately. This program is bad news my friends.===garybear PS I will post more latter but I need this aleart started right now!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news my friend IObit!!!

Please read this post!!! Returnil Virtual is bad news!! Once you install the program and enable it you are stuck there for ever. You can not restore to an earlier time with Windows . You can not uninstall the program. You can not ever make any changes , because ever time you restart your PC it reverts back and every thing is undone. Every time you try to restore to an earlier time, this program stops you. I'm not a happy camper IObit!!! This is the worst thing you have ever done by putting this in utilities. The program is bad news my friend. Its doing just like it advertises and you are locked in there for ever. You can never make any changes or delete any thing again. You can't even delete emails. Please get rid of this program. I have spent all week checking this out and it's bad news my friend IObit===garybear PS Thank God for Macrium !!!!!!

Hi there Gary,

Sorry to hear about those problems you're having...

Almost all problems have a solution, so I might have a few suggestions to either get out of that "mode" (I think you're out because you've re-imaged your system) or simply to tune it correctly so that you can exit the program's lock feature with ease.

I don't use Returnil ; never have. So I looked it up and found their manual.

Seems to me like you can get out of the virtual environment by disabling the "Enable when I start Windows" feature and then simply reboot the machine. You may have gotten stuck because of that setting, which means you would find yourself constantly booting into Returnil's System Safe mode.

The program also has a feature that allows you to reboot the machine into Safe Mode and not find yourself in Returnil's System Safe mode. In other words, if you're stuck, just reboot into Safe Mode (tap F8 at startup and then choose "Safe Mode" from the list). Once in Safe Mode, you have your Windows back and you can either change settings on the Returnil program or even uninstall the whole thing if you wish. This feature can be turned off though, but it is clearly stated in the manual that you shouldn't turn this one off because it is there to save your butt if something goes wrong and you need to bail out.

=====

I saw a guy on the forums once who came in with malware that just wouldn't go away. The helper sweated like crazy, deleting stuff over and over again yet everything kept returning. A closer look at the logs showed the guy had "Deep Freeze" installed and running on the machine but he didn't know what the program really did (similar to Returnil). What the program did was forget all changes made to the system after a reboot, so the two guys (helper and victim) were fighting the nasties but didn't realize they were doing this for nothing lol. Once Deep Freeze was identified and disabled, the malware went away peacefully and all was well.

Too bad you didn't stop by the forum to get a hand from the guys, Gary. Might have saved you some hard work there... Having an image does help though, because no matter what, you can revert to it.

Maybe Mike will have an easier solution to your problem, if you ever decide to install the program again.

====

Hi friend!!

Hi there Gary,

Sorry to hear about those problems you're having...

Almost all problems have a solution, so I might have a few suggestions to either get out of that "mode" (I think you're out because you've re-imaged your system) or simply to tune it correctly so that you can exit the program's lock feature with ease.

I don't use Returnil ; never have. So I looked it up and found their manual.

Seems to me like you can get out of the virtual environment by disabling the "Enable when I start Windows" feature and then simply reboot the machine. You may have gotten stuck because of that setting, which means you would find yourself constantly booting into Returnil's System Safe mode.

The program also has a feature that allows you to reboot the machine into Safe Mode and not find yourself in Returnil's System Safe mode. In other words, if you're stuck, just reboot into Safe Mode (tap F8 at startup and then choose "Safe Mode" from the list). Once in Safe Mode, you have your Windows back and you can either change settings on the Returnil program or even uninstall the whole thing if you wish. This feature can be turned off though, but it is clearly stated in the manual that you shouldn't turn this one off because it is there to save your butt if something goes wrong and you need to bail out.

=====

I saw a guy on the forums once who came in with malware that just wouldn't go away. The helper sweated like crazy, deleting stuff over and over again yet everything kept returning. A closer look at the logs showed the guy had "Deep Freeze" installed and running on the machine but he didn't know what the program really did (similar to Returnil). What the program did was forget all changes made to the system after a reboot, so the two guys (helper and victim) were fighting the nasties but didn't realize they were doing this for nothing lol. Once Deep Freeze was identified and disabled, the malware went away peacefully and all was well.

Too bad you didn't stop by the forum to get a hand from the guys, Gary. Might have saved you some hard work there... Having an image does help though, because no matter what, you can revert to it.

Maybe Mike will have an easier solution to your problem, if you ever decide to install the program again.

====

Hi good friend. I tried all of your suggestions and nothing worked. I'm not crying wofe. I'm just trying to save all my friends on the forum some hell. This program stinks. It may be doing every thing that's it's supposed to do ,but has no place on ASC3 utilities. We have a lot of members with the same little knowledge that I posse and this program is bad news and shouldn't be in utilities. I did the f8 deal and uninstalled it. It still came back on restart. The program is bad news my friend. I know I'm not the sharpest guy on the block but this program stinks and I'm not going to back down!! The damn thing stuck and would not let me out of Virtual. It's not perfected and needs to go until it is, and has been checked out. If I can't figure out how to stop it from doing it's thing, how do you think our members can figure it out. I know you probably could stop it but how many have your knowledge my friend. Thank you for your post. I tried most of the things you suggested and thought a long time before making this thread because I knew I would get flack. It does not belong in ASC3 at this time.===garybear

Not leaving the truck!!!

Before you all start saying there goes old garybear on one of his rants again. Down load this program and then try to get rid of it before you jump on my butt. Down load the free version my friends and then come tell me I'm full of it. I've been fighting this for several days. I know I'm not the smartest cat on the block, but I try my best to be a help on this forum. This is not a program for new members to be messing with. I will not back down on this, and I'm not going to leave the truck this time. Give me an honest answer and I'll give it some thought. I did not start this thread without thinking about it first. This my be a program that does every thing you big guns think it should do ,but has no place here. My grand son in law is madder than hell because he trusted me and down loaded this program. Its not for newbies my friends. ===garybear

Hi Garybear,

I downloaded the program(free ver.) earlier, tried it and didn't care for it to much. I turned off all the protection and deleted it from startup. Then I used Iobits uninstaller to remove the program with no problem. I then went to the program files and deleted the file and followed through with registry cleaners to make sure nothing is left behind. You can also run REGEDIT to collect any folders that are still left on your system. This worked for me, good luck.

Hi friend!!!

Hi Garybear,

I downloaded the program(free ver.) earlier, tried it and didn't care for it to much. I turned off all the protection and deleted it from startup. Then I used Iobits uninstaller to remove the program with no problem. I then went to the program files and deleted the file and followed through with registry cleaners to make sure nothing is left behind. You can also run REGEDIT to collect any folders that are still left on your system. This worked for me, good luck.

Hi my friend. It is my intention to scare the pants off anyone that is not a computer expert and warn them to stay away from this program. Thank you for your post my friend. I'm not a computer expert and admit I have a very limited knowledge, but I'm an expert on uninstalling programs. I used Revo and I went into regedit and I removed every trace of Returnil a least 5 times. Every time I restarted my computer, Returnil would come back and restore my PC to the exact time I first enabled Returnil. I may have had a bad install of the program or did some thing wrong. I'm just saying this is not a program for people with limited knowledge of computers like myself. Returnil locked me into a virtual mode and would not let me out. believe me my friend I done every thing you suggested and more. The only thing that saved me was to use my Macrium back up. I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I tell it like I see it, which keeps me in trouble all the time, but I will not back down on this. Iobit has no business putting a program like this in utilities. This is a program for experts that deal with bad xxx viruses, not for the normal PC user like myself, and I will tell my story no matter what respect I lose from my friends here on the forum. A program that stops you from uninstalling it; is a virus as far as I'm concerned . It has no place in IObit utilities and I will tell my story to everyone that I can. I have dealt with many problems and have gotten the best advice you can ever get on this forum, and this is my advice to everyone here. If your not a expert PC user stay away from Returnil. I will not shut up about this and you can ban me IObit or what ever you wish to do, but I will do my best to help members with limited knowledge like myself.===garybear

A program that stops you from uninstalling it; is a virus as far as I'm concerned

well i agree with this comment.

ok i shall run it and see what the fuss is .but thanks for the warning.

look all this anti this and that virtual crap type ware is something to think about before one uses it.like sand box.similar .but this is different.

now as for a x sample .dr virus.a other type install that you can not rid of.

program's leaving junk behind.refusing to uninstall normally..

i wonder why the hell a inexperience user would want to run this ?

"protection?"

use a app to do this. like 360 .is plenty.for malaware.

any how i give it a go.JUST to see .nothing els..

itsmejjj

Hi friends!!!

If those responsible for Returnil Virtual can assure me that this was a fluke, and it can be uninstalled if you choose to do so. I will gladly kiss their behind on the court house lawn ,and give them a week to draw a crowd to witness my behind kissing. The program does just like advertised and protects you from making any bad or good changes. Its not for the novice PC user and has no place in ASC3 utilities. The program works so well, it protects you from uninstalling it. If that's what you want my friend; then this is a program for you. Your PC will go back in time every time you restart it. If you do not have your PC backed up with some program, you are stuck with what you have after enabling this program, and you can never make any changes to your PC again because your PC will revert back. If you have a back up of your OS and want to test some bad xxx viruses, this program is probably just what you need. You have been warned my friends by MR. TROUBLE (garybear) I rest my case, but will answer anyone's questions that posts on this thread .===garybear

Hi IObit!!!

Thanks IObit. MY favorite Grandson in law hates me for recommending Returnil to him!!! You are really on my xxxx list IObit. Do you ever think before you act??? Please wake up and get rid of this Returnil program until they have it perfected. I love you but you have really pxxxxx me off this time.===garybear

Hi Gary,

Returnil and similar virtualization programs are certainly not for novices/newbies, that's for sure.

You also had some problems installing it, so maybe something went wrong when it finally installed for you and then you found yourself stuck in the System safe feature. Like I said up there, the program offers a few ways to exit and reboot into your normal Windows session(s), but it's not that easy when looking at the interface. Perhaps they should add a big "Exit RVS" button, clearly visible.

What Returnil does is essentially this : it creates a virtual partition for your system (fancy word for big file) where your Windows session is cloned and run in protected mode, meaning you can horse around all you want and, as soon as you reboot, every change is wiped and you start from when the system was put into protected mode. You can select to keep certain things like new documents created or emails for instance, but that could be with the paid version only (not sure). If you can't get out of protected mode, then you find yourself unable to "progress" with your system because everything is discarded at every reboot. Finding your way out is key there. The program offers interface lock and password protection as well, which can make things harder for new users trying to bail out...

I won't try it just yet because I don't need it ; I use VMWare instead. Maybe I will use it when it allows retaining a session across reboots though, because that would fit my needs.

===

Hi So_sad!!

Hi Gary,

Returnil and similar virtualization programs are certainly not for novices/newbies, that's for sure.

You also had some problems installing it, so maybe something went wrong when it finally installed for you and then you found yourself stuck in the System safe feature. Like I said up there, the program offers a few ways to exit and reboot into your normal Windows session(s), but it's not that easy when looking at the interface. Perhaps they should add a big "Exit RVS" button, clearly visible.

What Returnil does is essentially this : it creates a virtual partition for your system (fancy word for big file) where your Windows session is cloned and run in protected mode, meaning you can horse around all you want and, as soon as you reboot, every change is wiped and you start from when the system was put into protected mode. You can select to keep certain things like new documents created or emails for instance, but that could be with the paid version only (not sure). If you can't get out of protected mode, then you find yourself unable to "progress" with your system because everything is discarded at every reboot. Finding your way out is key there. The program offers interface lock and password protection as well, which can make things harder for new users trying to bail out...

I won't try it just yet because I don't need it ; I use VMWare instead. Maybe I will use it when it allows retaining a session across reboots though, because that would fit my needs.

===

Hi special friend. I stood up for you one time on this forum and I'm glad I did. You have explained Returnil very well my friend, and I understand every thing you said, and I'm saying IObit is xxxxxxx up by having this program in utilities. The free version does not give you any of the ways out that you have explained my friend. Once you enable the program , you are stuck there for ever and IObit has xxxxxx up by putting it in Utilities. The free version sucks and they are hoping you will buy their program to get out of the virtual mode that the free program put you in. Now I have to figure out how in the hell am I going to get it off my Grandson in laws PC. Thanks for you post So-sad. Where are my other friends on this forum?? Are you scared to post on this thread and state what you know is true in your hearts about Returnil!!! Thanks again my friend for your post on this thread. You are a true friend and you are very much appreciated. You can shut me up by banning me IObit, otherwise I will speak what my heart tells me.===garybear

Hi enoskype!!

Hi So_sad,

The attachment shows the possibilities of retainment in reboots in FREE version.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4172&d=1265821428

Cheers.

Hi my special friend. You know me well and when I tell you that none of those features worked in the free version for me ; you can take that to the bank. Thanks for your post enoskype. This program needs to be taken off ASC3 utilities until they have all the bugs out of it. A program like this that can't be uninstalled is bad news my friend, and has no place in ASC3. I only speck from my heart and you know that is true. Where the hell is Coldmoon?? Anyone wanting a program like this is smart enough to find it on the internet. It has no good place on IObit and I will not back off!!! How much are you making off this IObit?? It's not worth it my friend. Get rid of it please!!! Are you absolutely sure these features work in the free version enoskype?? I could not save any of my changes and could not turn the program off and could not uninstall it. This is a program for expert users like yourself not for the majority of our members, and I won't back off. Thanks for your post my friend!!===garybear PS I'm not afraid of you IObit so bring it on!!!

Hi Gary and enoskype,

For your grandson Gary : it might be easier (if possible) to uninstall Returnil from booting into Safe Mode. One thing is for sure : uninstalling will appear to work when done from protected mode, but since all changes are lost after a reboot then RVS will still be there, if the option to Start with Windows is activated... If the options from enoskype's screenshot don't work for him, then Safe Mode is the way to go, because RVS is not active in Safe Mode (Windows Safe Mode that is). Once in Safe Mode, he can go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall Returnil. Hopefully.

If all that fails, there's always a way, but it could be tricky : using a bootable CD to erase the virtual partition made by Returnil. But that would be a last resort type of deal, if RVS is badly corrupt and refuses to let you out.

===

Hi sunny staines,

That will be an option once they are out of the Returnil environment.

Creating an image needs to be done from Windows directly, of course.

I don't have Win7 yet but it's nice to know they have that option. Is it available in all versions (Home, Pro, Ultimate, etc...) ?

Hi friend!!!

Hi Gary and enoskype,

For your grandson Gary : it might be easier (if possible) to uninstall Returnil from booting into Safe Mode. One thing is for sure : uninstalling will appear to work when done from protected mode, but since all changes are lost after a reboot then RVS will still be there, if the option to Start with Windows is activated... If the options from enoskype's screenshot don't work for him, then Safe Mode is the way to go, because RVS is not active in Safe Mode (Windows Safe Mode that is). Once in Safe Mode, he can go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall Returnil. Hopefully.

If all that fails, there's always a way, but it could be tricky : using a bootable CD to erase the virtual partition made by Returnil. But that would be a last resort type of deal, if RVS is badly corrupt and refuses to let you out.

===

Hi friend. The safe mode (f8 ) did not work for me. I will take all the suggestions I can get and hope some thing works. I'm home free because my old friend Macrium is always there for me. I'm hoping my Grandson in law has his PC backed up. I think he has Windows 7. A program that has this kind of repercussions stinks and has no place on ASC3. I can't believe IObit allowed this program. I hope they are getting big bucks for it. This is for expert users like yourself and does not belong here. I will not back off my friend. Thank you!!===garybear PS get serious IObit F8 is not a dirty word. Its an option.

First hand help

.... Now I have to figure out how I am going to get it off my Grandson in laws PC......

If he needs help why not get him to join the forum, I am sure someone can guide him to un-install it, step by step.

This would be easier and quicker plus the information more precise :smile:

At the moment his situation is not known first hand so help can only be offered in 'general terms' and this doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

All the best, woz of oz

http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs-home-free

can some one give me the light?

what is this got to do with the iobit company?

i cant see it mention on there home page

so why get mad at our forum .understanding the concern..why blame us here?

i mean its up to a member if one installs a app.and try's it.if it fails ,well stiff

that's a risk you or i take ..but if it is a iobit product ,yes then i see the point of being angry..

if its got nothing to do with iobit than you are responsible. for trying it.

and not blast us here..all i see is pure anger at the forum..now since the last lot of posts ..

(but that's just the way old jjj and me are. We tell it like we see it and stay in trouble all the time.(i certainly hope not..)

You never have to worry where you stand with jjj (correct)

and me, because we'll tell you up front, right or wrong.)

yes to a point .but only at a individuality .not the forum..or the iobit owners..

all you done is bitch..and we are certainly not the same ..do not liken" me" like you Gary..as you did in a post..we are very different..

itsmejjj

the is that if you open ASC - UTILITES - TUNEUP TAB.

you will see the icon that takes you to the download, I have not used it its not for me.

ahhh ok well then this should be removed? the link you think..

well i have the app ,butt desided not to try it ..not yet anyway..

jjj

Archived