IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My farm Name (太阳山/7 ha)

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5889&stc=1&d=1282997378

Just re-hung a new sign.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. You could call me a crofter - in the old days a croft was usually not larger than 2½ ha in Denmark and was held as a tenantcy.

Later the size grew to around 8 ha and was usually owned by the crofter.

Today it is by far too small a piece of land to be economically sufficient as the sole income.

Hi Magic

Yes it is my home for the past 27 years - the rest of the farm buildings lies to the north of my farmhouse - elevated 95 m over sea level (on the 95 m contour line, isoline or isarithm), and we can see the sea almost 8 km distant to the south.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Take the square-root of your hight over the sea (in meters) * 2 sea-miles (~3700 m) and you will get the approximate distance to the horizon.

i.e. on the beach - your eyes at 2 meters elevation: 1.41 *3700 m = 5.2 km approx.

;49758']Wow your house?

So coool! XD

Hi jjj

ha-ha the "lampshade" is in reality a bouquet of artificial tulips hanging inside the window for the time being.

The small pipe in the corner protects the powerline coming into the building. (the black box is the power connecting box with a circuit breaker fuse 25 Ampere.) (Have one more in the house with a number of 10 A and 16 A fuses.) (power 220-230 voltage - alternating current)

The small cable to the left is the telephone cable.

The tree you see in the background is an appletree (belle boskop) but I do have 3 plum trees behind the building to the west. (Victoria plum, prune plum, I forgot the name of the third - think it is reine claude)

The tree in the foreground is a lilac tree/bush surrounded by a few snowberry (white) and a few giant knotweed.

The terrace was build 2 years ago by my son and I (3 m x 10,40 m) - we may put in sides half way up and a roof. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

hallo i have been looking at the shot..like the lamp shade...

what the small pipe in the corner?

and are thy plum trees i see?

itsmejjj

Hi sunny

Thanks!

Yes I am battling the knotweed - have almost got rid of it around the house, - not too fond of snowberry either, so only a few left.

One corner of one field has a few hogweed, but they are almost all gone too.

For the past couple of years there have been grass in the fields for cow-fodder - three cuttings this year!

But I don't farm it myself anymore - a nearby large milk-producer rent the fields now - almost all of it.

For a couple of years some years back I produced ecological pigs that harrowed the fields with their snouts very effectively. :-)

But I have had other work alongside all the time - mostly building houses and barns. Have worked in the forest too - cutting and hauling timber.

You are welcome to come and have a look if you should get to Denmark sometime.

Cheers

solbjerg

loks nice.

I would get rid of the knotweed, considered bad news over here, they spread quickly and hard to eliminate.

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/japknot.htm

do you have any other produce other than fruit?

never been to Danmark but its on our list to visit either in a baltic cruise or in our camper van.

ok a silly ask as i was from Europe..a long time ago..51 years now.gee how time fly's .i cant remember .snow ! i assume you get it...now i think you live on a island? SO water ? is this under ground ,(tanks) or above.? and how do you go in winter?

why i ask here we have a underground spring..and 2 large tanks..we do get snow but higher up.,few years ago we did get a downfall for 2 days,it was so pretty .made a change from green..and yellow,and the red ,when fire hits us..

so how do you cope with it the winter.i be leave it get very cold..?

i do remember the winters in Europe,and playing on the ice when a boy..

but since then never have i done so...the wife and i suddenly were reminiscing,and started to talk about the weather.and snow..she asked it would be a problem water freezing in the pipes..and how is your water kept..

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Usually the winter here is not hard - but latest past winter we had a lot of snow - not usually the case.

Mean temperatures for Denmark:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5896&stc=1&d=1283119382

I had my own well until this year where I joined the public waterworks for the water in my house.

The waterpipes are in the ground - more than 1 m deep - it never freezes down there.

Usually the mean temperature in the coldest months is a couple of degrees above zero (celcius)

And yes I live on the island Bornholm in the Baltic sea.

Cheers

solbjerg

ok a silly ask as i was from Europe..a long time ago..51 years now.gee how time fly's .i cant remember .snow ! i assume you get it...now i think you live on a island? SO water ? is this under ground ,(tanks) or above.? and how do you go in winter?

why i ask here we have a underground spring..and 2 large tanks..we do get snow but higher up.,few years ago we did get a downfall for 2 days,it was so pretty .made a change from green..and yellow,and the red ,when fire hits us..

so how do you cope with it the winter.i be leave it get very cold..?

i do remember the winters in Europe,and playing on the ice when a boy..

but since then never have i done so...the wife and i suddenly were reminiscing,and started to talk about the weather.and snow..she asked it would be a problem water freezing in the pipes..and how is your water kept..

itsmejjj

No the children used to have them.one time up to 4,but thy passed on..run a few Hereford females,1 bull,always liked them.more a hobby thing..we bought

the house 35 years ago,that came with a bit of extra land.hobby farm thy are called here,we have 20 hectors,just nice a size,and very private..it used to be very large 1 time but the extra land was sold of.we could not afford it back then..and were really lucky to get the house,with the bit of land,any how

i wonder if any other member would post there house? be interesting.

just be sure you have no cars showing or street numbers..

itsmejjj

thanks for the complements.

yes its very nice indeed.to have space (we are lucky) that way in the city's it

must be awful to be jammed in.most blocks in town are still very large.and there is a lot of room out here in the country,but its getting harder by the day as the cost of a house now days 200.000 for a home with a bit of a yard..and getting

harder,we payed 50.000 when We perched this place.that now shot up to 350.000 average, price(fast sale) so we are very lucky .land i suppose depending were one lives..could be dearer.? i don't know,but we are blessed with a fine home and space..and thanks to the wife who pushed me hard when a young man.convincing me to have a home of our own..at first a burden.but got easier as we got older.we paid it out 18 years ago if i remember rightly..and hate to have to restart.but yes its wonderful to have a self build place

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

As a young man I had an apartment (cheap one) in Copenhagen for about 10 year where I lived intermittently between jobs elsewhere.

The first couple of years I found it interesting with all the opportunities in a large city but later I missed the open spaces and moved to Bornholm and bought this place.

The first 5 year I didn't think of the place as my home but rather just a place I lived. But after renovating the building and building rooms upstairs for the children I discovered one day driving back from work that I now thought of it as home.

The open space - surrounding me, I like immensely, the fields and the woods, the hares, pheasants and deer and all the birds, the fruit in the garden - I wouldn't swop it for a super apartmentment in the city.

Cheers

solbjerg

thanks for the complements.

yes its very nice indeed.to have space (we are lucky) that way in the city's it

must be awful to be jammed in.most blocks in town are still very large.and there is a lot of room out here in the country,but its getting harder by the day as the cost of a house now days 200.000 for a home with a bit of a yard..and getting

harder,we payed 50.000 when We perched this place.that now shot up to 350.000 average, price(fast sale) so we are very lucky .land i suppose depending were one lives..could be dearer.? i don't know,but we are blessed with a fine home and space..and thanks to the wife who pushed me hard when a young man.convincing me to have a home of our own..at first a burden.but got easier as we got older.we paid it out 18 years ago if i remember rightly..and hate to have to restart.but yes its wonderful to have a self build place

itsmejjj

Re: My farm Name (太阳山/7 ha)

for sure.yes why i stated this I traveled all over the place,when young.i started at 16.saw every state ,bummed around,from town to town.city to city,moving alone,place to place,no fixed address.looking for something,i had no idea what .

like all of us at the time did Army time.and when i was done .i don't know exactly,why decided to move to the outback.working my way around farm to farm station to station,and ended up in the mines.wages, were extra good. Finally,ending at the open cut.in Victoria

at the time government owned,and a easy well paid job.i met the wife.bla bla..married.now we lived in a rented small farm.for about 3 years ,and this i started to love ,like your self the nature,and space was what drew me to this place i now live in..when we saw it fell in love with it.a beautiful,farming town,small and not many people.as i said my wife wanted to live there and stay put.and when she saw our home ,well hat was it.rest is history.did not take long to settle down,as i loved the privacy.and the peace,the first 6 years were hard tho,and like any young couple struggled ,with mortgage,but this got easier as wages went up. one thing i would not swap it for any thing..

i advice any one (young and fit) if you get the chance, even HALF a chance,get a home in the bush..no matter what it takes.work your butt of.to find one then hold on to it..you see 2 old guys here who have that ,and write about it..in A different country yet have this in common,

love of the space and peacefully living.in our bit of earth..

till time will allow a other the same opportunity,

don't think it cant be done.it can,sure its not easy and probably a imposable thing,to think of.look at it this way whats stopping one ? only you yourself..

if its a dream you may have then go find it..if you live in a city.

take time out go see the country..check it out..

look around .Who Knows ???

itsmejjj

Archived