IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Dishwashing

solbjerg

My kitchen always looked like a bomb had gone off, so I decided to buy a dishwashing machine.

I got my brother-in-law to hook it up to water and sewer and electricity, - while I know very little about those things, - but I helped him – I fetched several beers!

Then I was sure that my kitchen would look like a million dollars from now on.

BUT – In a couple of days I had it filled, - and it would not start even though I pressed the start button, so after several days my kitchen looked the same as before.

Then my sister came by - visiting – and she told me that I had to choose what to do on the program selector! Then it ran its course - and I then had a lot of clean silverware!! - Happy me!

Next time I knew what to do, but I discovered that I had forgotten to put some dirty dishes into the machine, so I opened it in order to put the dirty dishes into it, - and it did not stop, and I and the floor got all wet, - well not too bad – I then had the opportunity to clean the floor, - which I did!

AND I found out that I had to stop the infernal machine before opening It.!!

That was a good lesson – it made me realize that it is a good thing to read the manual before trying out a dishwashing machine!

Now I am very happy, my kitchen is always spick and span and everything is going as it should!

Cheers solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I saw your title, "Dishwashing," and expected some sort of metaphorical essay on the value of the proper rinsing, loading and washing of PCs. Imagine my surprise. :lol:

(I'm buying a new dishwasher myself in the next couple of months so I'll have to come back to your post for a reference.) :wink:

Dave

Hi solbjerg,

Sometimes something like getting a dishwasher can be exciting and you want to jump right in and try it out because you know how much easier your life will be once you start using it. But I guess it does pay to take the time to read the manual after downloading ( I mean getting it out of the box and hooking it up). You might have saved yourself from having a mess! Live & learn.

Cheers,

samr.

Hi Dave - I liked your comment!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I saw your title, "Dishwashing," and expected some sort of metaphorical essay on the value of the proper rinsing, loading and washing of PCs. Imagine my surprise. :lol:

(I'm buying a new dishwasher myself in the next couple of months so I'll have to come back to your post for a reference.) :wink:

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Curious thread this ...

My dishwasher packed up the other week. I have diagnosed the front-panel electronics as being at fault, but the spares are unobtainable. Mind you - at least it had an interlock on the door so that if you opened it while it was operating, it cut-out immediately and would not spill any water anywhere!

I don't have to get a new dishwasher though. My (new) girlfriend can't stand the sight of dirty dishes sitting on the side, so I only have to invite her over to my flat when I can't be bothered to wash up by hand. You can see where I am going with this can't you? I cook. She cleans. Sorted :lol:

• 1 year later...

Thank you for good helpful comments :-)

Still haven't tried to wash my keyboard keys in the dishwashing machine - lately I have just replaced the keyboard when it grew too dirty - keyboards are usually to be had very cheaply.

Haven't tried my socks either :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg- I must admit that my first impression of the title of this thread was quite skewed in that for one letter 'c' instead of an 'h' a Dishwashing becomes Discwashing which I think is understandably typical thinking for most of us computer oriented gearheads that frequent this forum. Thanks for the story and one of the most interesting thread titles I've seen...

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

I made a file in Word where I used small text boxes to depict every key on my keyboard, the good thing about this is first that I have a picture of my keyboard configuration (this can be used to replace the keys after cleaning them thoroughly) and second that these text boxes can be moved around to change the setup of my current keyboard configuration (for example if I change the keyboard from the qwerty setup and want to use the dvorak instead.)

But I haven't yet tried the cleaning with the dishwasher.

Thinking about the socks I have decided that the detergent for the dishwashing machine is too dissolving to use for this type of cleaning.

Probably would cost me a pair of socks every time - and I change those more often than I do my keyboard :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg- I must admit that my first impression of the title of this thread was quite skewed in that for one letter 'c' instead of an 'h' a Dishwashing becomes Discwashing which I think is understandably typical thinking for most of us computer oriented gearheads that frequent this forum. Thanks for the story and one of the most interesting thread titles I've seen...

~Maxx~

thank you for the reply -

Isopropyl alcohol ? not known--is this a alcoholic liquid ,as in 50% proof (drink)

mix with water? we have Windex product (blue liquid )is this safe ?

as this screen is like a plastic ,type thing ,we are a little worried to damage it in any way-that's why we are asking,

thank you

itsmejjj

I have had my 32" Sony Bravia flat panel LCD Monitor for over a year now and all I have ever used to keep it clean was a water dampened optical lens cleaning cloth although I do remember the days 11 years ago when I was still smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day and chemicals and plenty of elbow grease were required to remove the accumulated tar from the glass CRT monitor screen that I was using back then because I did a lot of smoking while sitting just a few feet from it. I've asked my friends who still smoke how they clean the screen on their monitor, but they just tell me that they dust it regularly and so I have never pressed them concerning a more effective way of cleaning.

~Maxx~

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Yup!

That's what we do, Top....I only have a smoke outside so the terrible,sticky mess of the Tar from smoking is not an issue thank God! The use of isopropyl alcohol DILUTED is a great one if needed. 8-)

-Cowboy

We only use damp cloth,

NO chemicals!

I would not try Windex! since it's for glass not plastic.

Kudoes to Mel for this one. :smile:

-Cowboy

If flat LCD. Diluted Isopropyl alcohol and pure H2o. 3 to 1. Use clean dampened(with mixture) soft cotton cloth only. Very gentle pressure. Change cloth and repeat if necessary. Moist cotton cloth (pure H2o) for final wipe.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I don't have a dish washing machine and I haven't tried it yet. I just wash everything directly with dish washing liquid soap and after rinse it with water. I just let it dry and wipe it with a dry cloth and I'm done. Anyway, It's really difficult to use an electronic one. You have to be very careful and must read the instructions very well.

How to Use a Dishwasher: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...