IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stopzilla Kills PC-Cleaner

Toppack

I had read that PC-Cleaner (or CCleaner) was fairly good program, so thought I would check it out.

But as soon as I got it installed, Stopzilla, the Security program I use on my testing system, called PC-Cleaner a Rogue-Virus and completely Deleted it. :shock:

So I guess I'll continue to use ASC. :-D

Hi Toppack,

FYI.

CCleaner is nothing to do with PC-Cleaner and a very good program. I have never had a problem for the compatibility issue with any program.

Have been using it for a very long time and IMHO it is a good companion to all IObit softwares. ;-)

Cheers

Hi Toppack,

FYI.

CCleaner is nothing to do with PC-Cleaner and a very good program. I have never had a problem for the compatibility issue with any program.

;-)

Cheers

What, I don't understand?

The .exe file that installs PC-Cleaner is ccleaner.exe.

So, they must be the same thing?

Or was I somehow looking at the wrong file?

I can't recheck it, since it has all been deleted.

Stopzilla certainly didn't Like it, since it thought it was a Virus.

But Stopzilla does tend to Block more Unknowns, than most Security programs do.

Are we talking about the same CCleaner from Piriform?

The setup file for PC Cleaner is ReimageRepair.exe

Cheers.

Well, now I'm not sure what I downloaded?

I did a search for 'ccleaner' and a website for PC-cleaner came up, which I downloaded, and I think the file was named ccleaner.exe, but not sure. :shock:

Of course, that made me think they were the same thing. :roll:

I'll just have to try that again sometime, on a computer that does not have Stopzilla, and pay more attention to what is actually downloaded. :lol:

Thanks,

I had just looked at the Links Enoskype provided,

but so far I have Not found a 'Trial' version of CCleaner to download?

I don't pay for utility software until I've had a chance to check-it-out, to compare it to other similar available programs, though.

So, it was defintely PC-cleaner that I tried to Install.

Since IObit's utilities seem to be doing everything I need, for now,

I doubt that I will be trying CCleaner, unless I can find a Trial or Beta version.

EDIT:

CCleaner is free!:lol:

Free

Have been using it for a very long time and IMHO it is a good companion to all IObit softwares. ;-)

Same for me :smile:

Thanks,

I had just looked at the Links Enoskype provided,

but so far I have Not found a 'Trial' version of CCleaner to download?

CCleaner has always had a free version it's just that it has become confusing on their website.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7741&stc=1&d=1307501935

Also, go slow with the install and untick any Google Chrome installs etc that you don't want.

All the best, woz of oz

hi all

yes cc- Cleaner well been using this from there first one thy put out and its as far as I know free.well put it this way I never had any nags say otherwise.

is it good ,I think So If you Just use this,its very good .and as the above mentioned Worth a install.And yes just go slow installing it ,unpick what you do not want as extras,

Mr bean

There is also a slim version! Wihout any extras. FOR FAST INSTALLATION. :mrgreen:

CCleaner Slim 3.07.1457 . :-P

NOTE:

The download link I have provided in my previus post is a setup file download link from FileHippo with extras available and the link in Toppack's post (EDIT:) is a diect download link of the same setup file. 8:)

Cheers.

I Got It!

Thanks Guys!

I Like It!

It has a Lot more capabilities and Options than I expected.

I really like the ability to right click on a single item, after Analyze, to remove it, without deleting everything in list.

Archived